Spotify Top 50 Females Artist of 2021

G.E

2 hours ago, TTrouble said:

Taylor Swift??? I had no idea she was that popular. Who are the people listening to her?

I'm asking this seriously? What's her fanbase like?

Taylor is actually the biggest popstar since Britneys conservatorship started.  Taylor Swifts "Love Story" is her BOMT and all of her albums since then contain good songs that could go toe to tow with Britneys hits.  Taylor also worked a lot with Max Martin. She has the most quality hit songs out any pop artist that I can think of...though, I'm not really a fan of hers; I just like some of her songs. She's so neutral/generic that you can just listen to her stuff and leave without becoming too attached to her as an artist. 

Image and music wise, she hasn't changed much so  I think her fanbase are mainly people who grew up listening to her when they were very young(like 5 to 10year olds) . They're also probably in their early to mid-20s now. But , again, she has listeners ,like me, who don't go out of our way to find her music. Taylor gets a lot of radio airplay and that gives  her many casual listeners who love the songs without even considering being a part of her fanbase. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Taylor is a queen! Britney is my favorite artist, but Taylor has been my jam every since Britney took a break. 

I am still shocked that "Ready For It" wasn't bigger than it was. The music video and song are sooo good.  I think her fans didn't like how different this is from most of her music. Either way, its my favorite song from her. I just know that Taylor could never  commit to this image and sound though. She's too basic.  :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Like 2

Taylor I hope takes a break .. her new songs are not memorable  . Shes over exposed. I do like some of her old  music but I hope she steps away for a little bit. Ok a long break . Shes addicted to churning out basic songs lately . Shes also got to stop bringing up her past relationships. We know .. you dated many and got hurt or angry .  I dunno reinvent the wheel a bit . Maybe try some different styles .  Yet maybe a break . A long one . Be Kind To Yourself GIF by GIPHY Cares

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I've noticed that in the Reputation Stadium Tour, she only visited Ireland and England in Europe. 

Touring has nothing or less to do with popularity I've seen more than 50 acts in 27 years of my life due to my work In music now an act selling out tour in a specific country doesn't mean his/her sales also matches there too for their albums.

Britney has over 5m album sales in UK but struggled a bit to fill seats in UK while taylor has 3.5m but did good with filling out seats both have same number of albums with britney having less singles now why does this happen? 

Mainly upon how the tour is advertised- pricing, what supporting acts, and the environment of concert most people do not care about the artist that much but love to pay for the concert for the mood and drinks with friends. I've been to U2 concert and 95% crowd was blank to singing their songs but concert was house full. 

A fair portion of free tickets had to sell in UK for Taylor rep tour due to the struggles met there as my friend got a free ticket! Now this has nothing to with sales, an act needs to have some superstar fame attached to you which taylor has thanks to her long lasting career reputation tour definitely tells how much power a songwriting can have when it comes to good concerts filling.

A stan will believe whatever they want to, if touring always translated to commercial success of albums then britney dwad tour alone in the US would've given her huge album sales for her 3rd! Tour is a casual scene majority goes to have fun or they tag along with friends! 

Taylor success should not be questioned by anyone at this point, women has proved herself a lot and at least in US she has more longetivity in US than Britney just a matter of time for taylor to surpass britney is pure album sales in US! If by this point people question  Taylor success then they are fools, taylor has proved herself. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, G.E said:

Britney coming in at number 27 in case you don't feel like scrolling .

#1 – Taylor Swift

#2 – Ariana Grande

#3 – Olivia Rodrigo

#4 – Dua Lipa

#5 – Doja Cat

#6 – Billie Eilish

#7 – Rihanna

#8 – Lady Gaga

#9 – Karol G

#10 – Adele

#11 – Halsey

#12 – SZA

#13 – Sia

#14 – Miley Cyrus

#15 – Nicki Minaj

#16 – Megan Thee Stallion

#17 – Lana Del Rey

#18 – Selena Gomez

#19 – Katy Perry

#20 – Beyoncé

#21 – Cardi B

#22 – Shakira

#23 – P!nk

#24 – Camila Cabello

#25 – Ava Max

#26 – Maria Becerra

#27 – Britney Spears

#28 – Kali Uchis

#29 – Tate McRae

#30 – Marília Mendonça

#31 – Becky G

#32 – Anne-Marie

#33 – Bebe Rexha

#34 – Lorde

#35 – ROSALÍA

#36 – Natti Natasha

#37 – Melanie Martinez

#38 – Ellie Goulding

#39 – Julia Michaels

#40 – Mitski

#41 – Saweetie

#42 – Summer Walker

#43 – Anitta

#44 – Mariah Carey

#45 – YOASOBI

#46 – Tones And I

#47 – TINI

#48 – Alicia Keys

#49 – Clairo

#50 – Whitney Houston

britney spears dancing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Xtina nowhere to be found 😂😂😂 jk jk 

I love Miley being so high up! She hit it big with her last album, "Plastic Hearts"!
María Becerra, as well as TINI, are from my country, Argentina ;)
Bebe Rexha should be way higher, though.

Guys, I was thinking... Britney has already been weak at radio, but what if little by little she becomes a streaming queen?! omg <3

PS: What is Ava Max even doing there, stop trying to make her happen :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

17 hours ago, Prachi said:

Touring has nothing or less to do with popularity I've seen more than 50 acts in 27 years of my life due to my work In music now an act selling out tour in a specific country doesn't mean his/her sales also matches there too for their albums.

Britney has over 5m album sales in UK but struggled a bit to fill seats in UK while taylor has 3.5m but did good with filling out seats both have same number of albums with britney having less singles now why does this happen? 

Mainly upon how the tour is advertised- pricing, what supporting acts, and the environment of concert most people do not care about the artist that much but love to pay for the concert for the mood and drinks with friends. I've been to U2 concert and 95% crowd was blank to singing their songs but concert was house full. 

A fair portion of free tickets had to sell in UK for Taylor rep tour due to the struggles met there as my friend got a free ticket! Now this has nothing to with sales, an act needs to have some superstar fame attached to you which taylor has thanks to her long lasting career reputation tour definitely tells how much power a songwriting can have when it comes to good concerts filling.

A stan will believe whatever they want to, if touring always translated to commercial success of albums then britney dwad tour alone in the US would've given her huge album sales for her 3rd! Tour is a casual scene majority goes to have fun or they tag along with friends! 

Taylor success should not be questioned by anyone at this point, women has proved herself a lot and at least in US she has more longetivity in US than Britney just a matter of time for taylor to surpass britney is pure album sales in US! If by this point people question  Taylor success then they are fools, taylor has proved herself. 

This is a very interesting take. So even if the stadium is sold out, it doesn't mean that everybody went there actually pays for it? What's your take on Beyonce tho? How is she's so successful with her tour?

48 minutes ago, Almost Mystical said:

This is a very interesting take. So even if the stadium is sold out, it doesn't mean that everybody went there actually pays for it? What's your take on Beyonce tho? How is she's so successful with her tour?

People think tour full = superstar success this is just a delusion over the years world tours are mostly 2 countries now touring WW takes a lot of energy and licensing which makes it hard to tour. 

Taylor had to do free tickets for her UK tour because it wasn't selling out, my friend went because it was free acts do it sometimes it's not limited to taylor. 

A tour needs to advertised properly to sell out, mainly before a week of concert if concert didn't sell there are discounts happening this is why you will see a lot of tickets being sold out during the last week people wait to buy up. 

Beyonce is an interesting figure when it comes to touring first of all she doesn't tour WW mainly in USA and nearing countries she knows her market pretty well and smart for it. Beyonce brings out supporting acts like Jay Z etc which makes people to buy tickets seeing they will get to see multiple acts, Beyonce show is packed up with amazing production she's an entertainer now if you ever go to a Beyonce concert I dare you if people are singing other than single ladies or halo, concerts are filled with casual people mostly tag alongs as well this is why a concert like U2 will be filled up but if they drop their new album hardly anyone would care. 

The most dedicated and insane concerts are Metal concerts, die hard fans are filled with it I've also been to Lana concert one of the few concerts where people know her every song but she hardly does stadiums she can't she won't be able to fill it. 

Concerts are filled with different things, if your concert is directing towards entertainment then it will be most likely be filled because people go to drink and smoke W-E-E-D etc! 

Beyonce is a powerhouse touring act but has been known to manipulate her numbers for boxscore over the years, a lot of acts do it not just limited to her Pollster etc have been a mess for a long time in reporting accurate touring numbers. 

Britney can easily fill up a Wembley stadium if she brings out some cool acts, has advertising and good pricing a tour needs to be accessible for GP not just die hard fans because they'll pay up almost anything. 

Mariah being the queen of Asia had struggles meeting up her concert fills due to expensive tickets but when Britney came here it was full within minutes this doesn't mean Britney is bigger than Mariah in Japan it just simply means those tickets were accessible for thr GP hence they bought it. 

People often misunderstand how touring actually works, Madonna has grossed more than MJ in terms of concerts but is Madonna more popular than MJ not really it's all about accessibility. 

A tour of 99 shouldn't even be compared to a tour of 2021 due to the inflation of prices a 99 tour cannot ask for 400$ but a 2021 tour can as stadiums are now expensive to rent out and people paying capacity has been increased.

Mostly people believe what they read without extensive research which makes sense not everyone is working in this business. 

• Love 2

Hard work, dedication, and love for one’s craft pays off. Well-deserved, Taylor Swift.

#27 might seem low, but Britney hasn’t put out anything major since 2016! I am so proud of her and if she ever decides to come back, it will be huge. 

Nothing against Olivia, but Dua deserves top 3 status. By the way, wish me luck on getting tickets to the FN World Tour today, I heard they are selling like churros here. 

Congrats to Ari, too. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Prachi said:

People think tour full = superstar success this is just a delusion over the years world tours are mostly 2 countries now touring WW takes a lot of energy and licensing which makes it hard to tour. 

Taylor had to do free tickets for her UK tour because it wasn't selling out, my friend went because it was free acts do it sometimes it's not limited to taylor. 

A tour needs to advertised properly to sell out, mainly before a week of concert if concert didn't sell there are discounts happening this is why you will see a lot of tickets being sold out during the last week people wait to buy up. 

Beyonce is an interesting figure when it comes to touring first of all she doesn't tour WW mainly in USA and nearing countries she knows her market pretty well and smart for it. Beyonce brings out supporting acts like Jay Z etc which makes people to buy tickets seeing they will get to see multiple acts, Beyonce show is packed up with amazing production she's an entertainer now if you ever go to a Beyonce concert I dare you if people are singing other than single ladies or halo, concerts are filled with casual people mostly tag alongs as well this is why a concert like U2 will be filled up but if they drop their new album hardly anyone would care. 

The most dedicated and insane concerts are Metal concerts, die hard fans are filled with it I've also been to Lana concert one of the few concerts where people know her every song but she hardly does stadiums she can't she won't be able to fill it. 

Concerts are filled with different things, if your concert is directing towards entertainment then it will be most likely be filled because people go to drink and smoke W-E-E-D etc! 

Beyonce is a powerhouse touring act but has been known to manipulate her numbers for boxscore over the years, a lot of acts do it not just limited to her Pollster etc have been a mess for a long time in reporting accurate touring numbers. 

Britney can easily fill up a Wembley stadium if she brings out some cool acts, has advertising and good pricing a tour needs to be accessible for GP not just die hard fans because they'll pay up almost anything. 

Mariah being the queen of Asia had struggles meeting up her concert fills due to expensive tickets but when Britney came here it was full within minutes this doesn't mean Britney is bigger than Mariah in Japan it just simply means those tickets were accessible for thr GP hence they bought it. 

People often misunderstand how touring actually works, Madonna has grossed more than MJ in terms of concerts but is Madonna more popular than MJ not really it's all about accessibility. 

A tour of 99 shouldn't even be compared to a tour of 2021 due to the inflation of prices a 99 tour cannot ask for 400$ but a 2021 tour can as stadiums are now expensive to rent out and people paying capacity has been increased.

Mostly people believe what they read without extensive research which makes sense not everyone is working in this business. 

Thanks for the great insider information! Could you spill some more about Madonna? I love her as a performer and musician.

5 hours ago, Ryan Robles said:

I'm surprised that LDR is so high up on the list. Don't get me wrong, I love BTD, Paradise, and Ultraviolence. But the girl hasn't had a hit in what feels like forever!

Streaming is very hyped up, LDR has cult following look at her charts in UK women is huge and this is with no promo. 

She released an album this year of course she'll be up there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

DM

Gurl don’t leave me out of the conversation lol. :jamie_lynn_grape:

Can you please DM me as well? You just blew my perception on what makes a highest grossing tour, especially for Beyoncé, Taylor, and Madonna. And I guess you’re right about the entertainment value of the concert, probably that’s why Britney is so successful in Vegas. And how she complained about the amount of w**d and booze in there lol. 

I’ve been to Lana’s concert and you were right. It wasn’t that full but tons of people seems to be Lana’s fans. 

Anyway, would you know any tour agent that can deliver these tours successfully? I mean just in case Britney need a reference, she can come here or reach you out personally. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block