Lady Gaga announces she's not representing the LGBT community, but is here if they need help..

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Be kind

I HAD PAUSE…. With GaGa after the halftime show. She for years talked about how she would die for us (see Americano), and when the time came to put her $$$ where her mouth was and stick it to Donald trump and Mile pence, she instead did the manipulative and gass lighting tactic to actually oppressed people by declaring, “can’t we just all get along”? After that show I no longer stanned her. After that a star is born was just a way to rebuild a fan base with the main stream and now she’s in more movies. She thinks she doesn’t need the LGBTz anymore but one day when the GP straight locals are done with her she will come crawling back. This is hard for me to write because I was OBSESSED with her from when she came out, all the way til after Art Pop. I think she’s fake and she definitely used us. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I don't really care, to be honest. This doesn't erase the progress she's fostered via her art in the slightest. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: Also, if you read the whole thing, it doesn't sound nearly as bad. The interviewer talked about how the Academy Awards have always lacked representation and then asked Gaga how she felt about being able to represent the LGBT community, so her clarification makes complete sense. Like, I've always seen Gaga as an LGBT ally, not an LGBT artist (à la Sam Smith, Troye Sivan, Freddie Mercury, Kim Petras, etc.), but that could just be some sort of subconscious bi erasure. I don't know.

10 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

For saying she’s bi***ual when she needed to build a fanbase and then recanting it once she had one? 🧐

All she wanted to express is that there are far better representatives of the gay community who are openly gay and live that life bit also are actors who would represent this minority much better.

She just didn't want to steal the light from the one that would be the gay icon getting that award some day. Why is everybody reading so much into it? It was to down play her being the first lgbtq receiver of that award when she didn't felt that was the case and there are better ones that actually are.

6 hours ago, kfitz421 said:

I HAD PAUSE…. With GaGa after the halftime show. She for years talked about how she would die for us (see Americano), and when the time came to put her $$$ where her mouth was and stick it to Donald trump and Mile pence, she instead did the manipulative and gass lighting tactic to actually oppressed people by declaring, “can’t we just all get along”? After that show I no longer stanned her. After that a star is born was just a way to rebuild a fan base with the main stream and now she’s in more movies. She thinks she doesn’t need the LGBTz anymore but one day when the GP straight locals are done with her she will come crawling back. This is hard for me to write because I was OBSESSED with her from when she came out, all the way til after Art Pop. I think she’s fake and she definitely used us. 

You know that the super bowl is super strict about political statements in the shows? It was not alone her decision to not get involved in politics on that day.

She could have burned her career if she did, banned for future performances, sued by sponsors etc.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I guess unpopular opinion, but her questionable decisions don’t change the fact that she was one of the biggest gay icons of the 2010s, and that both Gaga and her Born This Way album did a lot to help our community. I’m sure it literally saved lives just by giving more representation, standing up for us, and uplifting us.

The 2000s and early 2010s were not great times to be gay, yet there she was with a hugely popular song standing up for us and encouraging us to be prideful and ourselves. You can’t now go back and say that that didn’t matter back then since she’s being questionable now. 

hell YES!!!!

She’s a pathological liar psychopath that will do or say whatever it takes to get her the attention she craves for! 

I never believed any of her lies/gimmicks: bi***uality, _ a p e, pregnancy, lupus, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, psychosis, mental health, **** addiction.. the list goes on and on… its disgusting and people buy it!

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block