This Day in Pop: the (second) reissue of 'Glory' album was released on digital platforms in 2020 (December 11)

Glory-Reissue-Deluxe.jpg

On December 11, 2020, the second reissue of Glory was released on digital platforms. This time it didn't only include Mood Ring (by Demand) as the first one earlier that year, but it also included two previously unreleased tracks, Swimming in the Stars (released on December 2nd), and Matches (featuring Backstreet Boys). On top of that, a new remixes of Mood Ring was also included as bonus track, bringing the grand total of 23 songs. The new cover from the previous release was also reworked showing a zoomed out Britney, and a different background.

A vinyl was released earlier that month, which included new pictures we'd never seen before from the David LaChapelle photoshoot.

EoPWTC9WMAA4ukA?format=jpg&name=medium

• Love 6

Iconic! I still stan the original re-release cover more (the one that came out with mood ring). This one was wayyyyyy too photoshopped and the zoom out made the image look oddly empty. I remember looking at the images amongst David’s other images on his Instagram and it was so glaringly obvious how edited his work was. The images he posted on the day of her freedom make more sense with his style

I think the double shadow is what bothers me the most. That and how unnaturally curved her feet are. The original pic was already photoshopped to hell but when we had that for comparison it made this image just look so odd

But enough negativity! This is my favorite Britney album and when this rerelease came out it secreted it as my #1. The imagery is flawless and the unreleased material is incredible. I love the gate fold of the vinyl and the beautiful milk white disc

I'm so glad we got this version, the artwork is what it should have been for the album all along, not that Make Me music video thumbnail :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It was great to get two new tracks and all of those Mood Ring remixes too! I got the vinyl for this and it arrived on Christmas Eve last year which was funny. I wish a CD version could have been produced though.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block