From my research. British music stans are actually more loyal than us Music stans

Looking at the RIAA database and I don't know like 95% of the artists today except Olivia Rodrigo.  

Looking at the bpi database and when they love something they're loyal forever  

Billie eilish album just went platinum in the UK, Material girl by Madonna just went gold off digital sales, Little mix went silver with Between US, Taylor swift went silver with both Fearless and Red (Taylor's version) and saw a few singles recertified as well 

Even Louis Tomlinson 2019 album went UK silver. 

That's probably loyalty right there. 

In the US all it does now take is one backlash or one song turn the public off forever.  

I've always wondered what made the UK probably the loyal of all Music stans..

It's obvious. if they like something.  They like it, and won't let it go. Unlike their American counterpart .

@Slayer

@Jordan Miller

It does also show US Music stans are harder to please as well..

P.s. UK certs are free, unlike the US. 

Most databases does the certs for free and don't charge anything..

@Prachi

So when they say an American artist doesn't need their own country to have a career their not lying. 

Madonna, Michael Jackson, Britney and quite possibly Billie eilish will join that list as well.

• Love 1

You're absolutely right on this theres a reason why even pop stars who are loved in UK always able to sell their catalog I mean Madonna is the greatest example here to talk, her most flop album also sold more than 50k+ there these sales are not even possible for hit albums there. 

Kylie hardly went out of UK and Australia but look at her career in UK she will never ever flop there UK is one of the most loyal markets for people are are genuinely loved there. 

I’ve always said this. The US abandons artists after like 5 years. Even Michael Jackson (who sold 66 million copies of Thriller including 33 in the US) within five years went from having an album certified diamond just about a year after release managed to only get a second diamond album like 2 years ago when had sold 10 million in the US. Within 5 years, he lost more than half his record sales only in the US.

47 minutes ago, samblakejacobs said:

IMO music seems to have a bigger role in peoples life in Europe than in US. And switched roles when it comes to movies.

US have a hugh "going to the movies"-culture. We don't have that here in europe.

I think movies is more universal entertainment but all entertainment was. 

In the US, due to the social climate and political nature a lot of people have a hard time finding entertainment that isn't liberal or progressive but just two hours to escape. 

Many people say YouTube is their place cos the content in their own algorithms basically gives them the stuff they personally like.

Even the reboot of and just like that is basically being called out for adapting to norms of today's society and seeing older women deal with the modern world that they can't navigate with themselves without a younger friend or a multicultural person 

Plus everybody agrees without Samantha who was what the S.E.X. in the title shows the show is lacking the true spirit of the show itself. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block