Taylor Swift will face a jury for "Shake It Off" lawsuit

Jordan Miller

Not to

41 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Taylor Swift is one of the best song writers of this generation. Last time I checked, "haters gonna hate" and "players gonna play" are well know publicly used statements that should not be referenced lol. It is a joke, similar to when Britney was sued over : "If I said I want your body, would you hold it against me?". 3LW can go get publicity elsewhere, noting that I have no idea who they are or what they do in life :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

The songwriters are suing not 3lw. so many people just commenting not knowing what’s even going on.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, anthony7226 said:

And there's the first "karma" comment. She should lose a frivolous lawsuit for "what she did to Katy"? That's not how law works. C'mon. 

Think About It Stop GIF by IFHT Films

Ignoring the Katy thing, Taylor and her team of lawyers have a habit of threatening litigation against people for a variety of equally frivolous reasons, so it is indeed karmatic that she's getting a taste of her own medicine, especially a week after the Grammys made it clear that they won't be counting her  questionable songwriting credits on Sour. See, when you do clownery... :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Ignoring the Katy thing, Taylor and her team of lawyers have a habit of threatening litigation against people for a variety of equally frivolous reasons, so it is indeed karmatic that she's getting a taste of her own medicine, especially a week after the Grammys made it clear that they won't be counting her  questionable songwriting credits on Sour. See, when you do clownery... :clownery_makeup_meme:

Taylor didn't submit for writing credits on Sour. Olivia put Taylor as a credit and the Grammy's followed suit. We don't know what happened behind closed doors but I'm sure Taylor is not upset in the slightest she was removed from the Grammy nom. She has her own nom. As for Taylor's lawsuits, there are lots of people and companies always trying to capitalize on her likeness, her songs, her merch. Those are warranted. Just because you feel a certain way about her or her Reputation doesn't mean she should have to be taken to court over Playas and Haters. It's downright absurd. But I get how over-exposed she was at one point, but we can't hold that against her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

I mean Taylor is nominated with Evermore for album of the year with or without the sour nomination, she doesn't need it. This was a mess from the Grammy's side, not Taylor. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, anthony7226 said:

Waiting for all the "It's karma" Karens and "It's what she deserves" Deborahs. Playas gonna play, hata's gonna hate are not unique lyrics. They are repeated ad nauseam in tv shows, movies, every day conversations, and yes, lyrics. The writer's behind 3LW's basic song did not invent those phrases. This case should rightfully be in her favor. 

Seriously, of all the songs she would rip off ... 3LW? Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block