Have you got much time off over Christmas?

Slayer

Not in the US, my job is one of the few places closed each weekend, and we serve adults with developmental disabilities, so Their parents, Groups homes actually need that 8 hours Monday through Friday to get errands and other stuff done that can make it hard when their at home.  

So nope, were one of the few places that is open every single holiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas of course, eventually new years as well, due to severe hangovers from the staff as well 

If the holidays were closed on is a Saturday you get the day before off.

We get Christmas eve and New year's eve off as well.

Yes. Due to covid, I didn't take much vacation as there wasn't really a reason to. So far my only vacation was 1.5 week off in September to go to Berlin.

Now I am off from December 20th till January 4th, starting work on Jnauary the 5th. Nothing planned other than shopping for my recently bought appartment!

Still have 22 vacationdays left but we can transfer them to the next year and use them the entire year...so next year the office ain't gonna see me much :)

Perks of being the only one in my job. There's nobody that subsitutes me when I'm away and I can take off whenever I want since I don't have to take others in account when they have off. The downside is, a LOT of work will be piled up when I return...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block