The New York Times reports Billie Eilish's book only sold 64,000 copies

20 hours ago, Urbanney said:

This. Also according to the NYT, JT’s book has sold 100,000 copies in 3 years vs Billie’s 65,000 in 6-7 months. 

If Billie’s book cost her publisher $1m, it’s selling for $17.50 per copy on Amazon right now, and with $64,000 hard copies sold, it’s made a profit. ($1,120,000 in sales = $120,000 in profit). This isn’t counting digital copies or all the sales that will come in the coming years.

Tired of people trying to tear down Billie and young female popstars in general. I love Billie, and I didn’t even know this book was released, so it sounds like it’s doing well enough to me.

I was going to say, it made profits. 😅

I had to Google that photo book cuz I had no idea it existed :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Below is the first sentence from the book's description on her website:

Legendary recording artist Billie Eilish shares an intimate inside look at her life and career—both on and off the stage—in this stunning, photo-filled book. Billie Eilish is a 21st century global pop-phenomenon.

So is the amount of copies sold equivalent to her alleged 'Legendary' status?:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Don't come for me ya'll :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Haha 4

It's a "book" (as in, a collection of printed sheets of paper) full of PICTURES...... of HERSELF. And that's it.

She's like 13 and she already released a collection of pictures of herself. Is she nuts, or a huge narcissist? She only recently has a second album out, and there's barely any text in the book, and the pictures are mediocre, so I don't understand what motivated her and her team to do this other than easy money... which obviously backfired.

But apparently her fragrance (yes) is doing well.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Doesn't that mean the book has sold over 1 million USD though? They have over 100k in profit. Also, this is counting only hard covers, paperback tends to sell much more because it is cheaper, so God knows how many of those have sold. Also, no data on digital copies which probably sold even more.

I'm no Billie fan, I know like 3-4 songs of hers, but I feel like the New York Times wrote this article to make Billie look bad? It's poorly researched :wtf_britney_what_confused_um: Journalism really is dead.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Doesn't that mean the book has sold over 1 million USD though? They have over 100k in profit. Also, this is counting only hard covers, paperback tends to sell much more because it is cheaper, so God knows how many of those have sold. Also, no data on digital copies which probably sold even more.

I'm no Billie fan, I know like 3-4 songs of hers, but I feel like the New York Times wrote this article to make Billie look bad? It's poorly researched :wtf_britney_what_confused_um: Journalism really is dead.

These kind of books are a one time print. I doubt it will ever get to paper..

But if this is a flop, then I wanna know how many copies that 400.00 Rihanna book sold, so heavy it even came with it's own stand to hold the book. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block