Grammys remove Taylor Swift as a nominee for Olivia Rodrigo's 'Sour'

1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

It’s so funny to me how people get so pressed over anything that Taylor does. Like people get legitimately pressed at her when she hasn’t done anything except stand up for herself? Just cause she won’t sit down and take it, a bunch of crusty old gays want to come for her online? 

The tired tropes of "she'll spin this to play the victim" is soooo old. It's like the go-to thing people use to discredit her when it's just not true. She has certainly grown up and she stands up for herself when it is due and that should be commendable, especially to other female musicians and indy artists. Does she sometimes go a bit too far, yes (like with the Ginny & Georgia callout). But no more no less than most popular musicians. All of their ego's could use a check sometimes, but I honestly could never see Taylor getting upset that a credit was removed for an album she did nothing to contribute to, other than have an interpolated melody. And it was Olivia and her team that gave Taylor credit on the Deja Vu song. Taylor didn't seek credit.

• Love 1

Interesting. It's actually very common for artists to give other artists credit one interpolating songs. Taylor actually gave credit to the writers of "Too ****" for "Look What You Made Me Do" because they sounded similar.

And yeah it's a echo what others said, Taylor was completely not involved in all of this. She didn't ask for a credit. The two have lots of respect for each other.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block