Ariana Grande called out for cultural appropriation AGAIN

No Seas Cortes

I've been wanting for a long time, but I genuinely don't get it. How is she "supposed" to look and dress? So there IS a "white way" of looking and dressing, aside from racist stereotypes?

I understand the problem of being white (which basically and in most cases means privileged in this world, let alone if you're a man) and profiting from deciding to look the way other "races" do, or using elements from another culture as their own or without proper acknowledgement, but at the same time I really would like to know how these people who are criticising Ari expect her to look like: ghostly white with blonde hair and clothes from Candie's?

Also, how do people expect to have a diverse world if we are born a certain way and that automatically restricts the way we can look and dress and eventually act? That's called typecasting. Which people also complain about. Like, can we breathe?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I have a huge issue with how broad cultural appropriation is as a term and most of the time, I find it stupid. Are there cases in which it is exploitative? Yes. For instance, I think Timberlake was very much a bad example of this, specially in the context of his Janet debacle. But this is ridiculous. As it has been stated, now nobody can dress up as anything that is not their own culture cause it's offensive? I mean, black  face is absolutely bad cause it's so disrespectful, so charged with a history of mockery and pain for black people. But for instance, I have a dress that has a slight resemblance to a kimono. Am I culturally appropriating if.I wear it? Am I racist against Japanese people just by wearing it? Pff I agree with @A.a.A people get outraged with this but what difference does it really make for a poor girl starving in Africa that Adele wore a  Bantu knots? I understand we have to fight systemic racism and that it has been so instilled in society that it becomes a blindspot. But c'mon, people have totally lost their heads

• Like 1

Lolololol She’s just had way toooo much plastic surgery and isn’t spray tanning anymore 

so it’s a shocking look to see her as she is now in her natural skin color lol but with a new face. Is it CA idk was it b4 …uhhhhh idk but she Deff feels to b more of trend hopper n jump on whatever aesthetic look is in at the time.. as majority of society does aswell Bc of  fashion and culture etc.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, cubasterd said:

I thought the same thing as I looked at the pictures in the BOMT booklet. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: Those photos are the BodyAche of the BOMT era.

That was why I felt so related. I imagined that she has Asian features and I even named her with my country people’ names.

Back to the topic, I am Asian (outside Murika of course) and I, as well as the people in my country, would be really happy if you guys wear out traditional clothes (not for mocking purposes)

culture appreciation is a stupid idea. I’m not sure the people who complains really understand what other cultures Are.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kdub87 said:

How bored are people? Its like their full time job is to find things to be outraged about, usually things that have zero impact on them personally. 

People like to be upset ! 🥺 They are so upset .😢😕hurt little victims , sad and hurt again by something that might be nothing but think they are mad 🤬at something that has their panties in a bunch. They might just really really really truly be mad 😠 🧐😳.like WOW 😮.  So they may be irked over nothing but make it something . Yes ! So pi ssed off . Sensitive folks need hugs ..hurt by lack of filter folks who are so awful 😣. WTF .. where is the love ❤️ of all.. I think under a rock or up someones butt. G- spot . …hmmm I am upset I wrote this post . It makes no sense .. . Are they really sad , mad or bad ? Why ? because they have been looking to find someone and something to blame and be ticked off over how its hurt their hearts ♥️ .  Oh no 🙈!!!!!! People will be angered over my run on sentences . People are like mad 😡. Like totally ! As if! People are not stupid . This post and my reply is .. You just can not fix stupid .  **** ! I am stupid . I love frogs and waffles 🧇. Yummy .. yet not eating the frogs . 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block