Ariana Grande called out for cultural appropriation AGAIN

No Seas Cortes

Ariana Grande is trending again because people 768877th time accuse her of cultural appropriation. She has a long history with accusations like that. People mostly don't like that she uses that much of tan spray. Internet noticed that one day she looks black, then she looks Asian (Ariana's white). Also her song and music video to ''7 Rings'' got attention because of a lot of ''elements'' of black and Asian culture.  

She posted that photo few days ago on her Instagram and people on Twitter went crazy accusing her of ''trying to look Asian'', some of posts about it got 100K likes. 

Ariana deleted that photo from her IG and she limited her comments on IG :emma:

a0b43a2f-01b2-49ae-a063-6b28f58e6c16-png

61556?width=700&crop=16_9&signature=wFlb

ariana.jpg

5c5208215241471094435167?width=1136&form

You can't deny that she gets away with it every time. What do you think about it? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Markoct said:

Isnt k pop doing everything in their power to make it into american mainstream? For instance lisa's desperate attempts for black culture or middle eastern beats and aesthetics?  Its not bad when the entire world wants to be blond, american, hood etc but culturaly inappropiate if a white chic is inpired by other cultures? Sound like a bunch of pressed people to me. And if this offended anyone, u surley are one of them. I see nothing wrong with both ends.

K-Pop idols get dragged for cultural appropriation all the time, though. They even got Blackpink's label to edit out a scene that featured an idol of a Hindu god or whatever. Moreover, if you look up "k-pop cultural appropriation" on YouTube, you'll find a ton of videos with tons of views. I don't think cultural appropriation is a bad thing if it doesn't border on mockery, but since so many people are offended by it, there's clearly a conversation to be had. The problem is that Korean labels only want to adopt the aesthetics and sounds of blackness (whatever that means), yet Korea is lowkey known for being xenophobic and racist.

• Love 4

9f6bed974e2dad418219d1e1d342a2ca.png

0ec88225628a3303bb646d78bedf569e.jpg

I legit thought this was an asian woman when I first saw this photoshoot.

Back to Ari. I just think she needs to chill with her brow lifts. Her plastic surgeries used to be so subtle and she was a really gorgeous girl. Lately she's been taking it too far. She doesn't look like her first or second face. As far as appropriating. She FOR SURE has done so and so blatantly in 7Rings but it seemed like she chilled from that. Now, I dont think she's trying to steal an asian aesthetic, I think she just went too far with a brow lift and it changed her eyelids. 

ariana-grande-selfie.jpg

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Markoct said:

Isnt k pop doing everything in their power to make it into american mainstream? For instance lisa's desperate attempts for black culture or middle eastern beats and aesthetics?  Its not bad when the entire world wants to be blond, american, hood etc but culturaly inappropiate if a white chic is inpired by other cultures? Sound like a bunch of pressed people to me. And if this offended anyone, u surley are one of them. I see nothing wrong with both ends.

Lisa is a queen 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

Ariana Grande is trending again because people 768877th time accuse her of cultural appropriation. She has a long history with accusations like that. People mostly don't like that she uses that much of tan spray. Internet noticed that one day she looks black, then she looks Asian (Ariana's white). Also her song and music video to ''7 Rings'' got attention because of a lot of ''elements'' of black and Asian culture.  

She posted that photo few days ago on her Instagram and people on Twitter went crazy accusing her of ''trying to look Asian'', some of posts about it got 100K likes. 

Ariana deleted that photo from her IG and she limited her comments on IG :emma:

a0b43a2f-01b2-49ae-a063-6b28f58e6c16-png

61556?width=700&crop=16_9&signature=wFlb

ariana.jpg

5c5208215241471094435167?width=1136&form

You can't deny that she gets away with it every time. What do you think about it? 

Wait is she really white? She seems so like idk mexican or spanish I never got white or thoiyugfht she was white 

• Haha 2

Sorry this is rediculous. I am over people reaching for things to hate about. Many over spray tan accidentally.. many add extra makeup on their eyes.. many have dreads. Prior it was bohemian.. prior it was ok.. prior you could play cowboys and indians .. yes messed up things have happened. Yet things are rediculous. Its not racism. Sometimes its people just being people. I am sure so many sensitive individuals will disagree. Get a grip . Sorry the world does not have to nor will it hold your hand. Yet it will be ok .  Think get a grip stickers need to be a thing. Some changes and plights are great. Yet the overly sensitive society can cry me a river. No I do not care if you agree.. cause I do not .. and yet I am not even a fan of hers.. but shes done nothing wrong. People are looking for bs. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Who really cares? This is a non-topic. Cultural Appropriation is something society accuses people of when we have no other problems to worry about. The epitome of privilege. 

Go to a poor city in Africa or poor parts of Europe. They could care less about this nonsense.

Quote I agree but here in america you can not fix the overly sensitive stupid folks .. sorry I am over it . Get a grip folks . Bring the unlike 👎 thing back. Yes folks you can unlike what I said . Its ok 👍🏽 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block