All I want for Christmas is you, officially becomes The most certified Christmas song as it's certified RIAA Diamond

Congrats to the queen of Christmas, Mariah Carey's annual seasonal chart topper "All I want for Christmas is you", from the 8X Platinum Merry Christmas (1994, #2 on the Billboard 200), and already #12 on this weeks hot 100 and forecasts are expecting to go to #3 followed by the annual visit of #1 in two weeks time on the hot 100. 

The Christmas track which was already the top certified ring tone for Christmas songs, when RIAA certified ringtones 2x Platinum. 

It's now diamond, it's Mariah's first diamond song, but she has two diamond albums under her belt from the 90s, when singles main purpose was to sell the album, not the artist like it does today. 

So pretty soon we Can see Mariah Carey herself not only with the first Christmas song to go diamond but Merry Christmas will go diamond as well, and become the first holiday album to be diamond. 

Merry Christmas with 15 Million albums sold worldwide, and one of her biggest albums in Japan, That Christmas album is the best selling holiday album worldwide 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Touch my GigaBrit said:

I wish Mariah and Ari property promoted this song, it could have been her 20th number 1 

Madonna should release a Christmas single for a yearly charted song. I can see her getting erotic with the Christmas tree! 💦 

Madonna has a huge Christmas radio hit..

Her 1987 take of Santa Baby, is the most played version on radio. 

Funny thing is everybody likes that version, they just didn't know it's Madonna. 

Cos it was sung in her original voice with a New York accent ala Cyndi Lauper.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Madonna has a huge Christmas radio hit..

Her 1987 take of Santa Baby, is the most played version on radio. 

Funny thing is everybody likes that version, they just didn't know it's Madonna. 

Cos it was sung in her original voice with a New York accent ala Cyndi Lauper.  

A huge Christmas hit that hasn't charted anywhere except on 3 holiday themed charts? Even Kylie's version of Santa Baby at least made the Top 40 in the UK. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Stefani said:

A huge Christmas hit that hasn't charted anywhere except on 3 holiday themed charts? Even Kylie's version of Santa Baby at least made the Top 40 in the UK. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Plus Christmas isn't something that she could poke fun or make controversial (which is her brand, cos as Christine lakin said Controversy is what Made Madonna popular in the first place all the stuff she was interested was hers to offend, so that's what Madonna the top for her era. People were afraid to mock religion, politics and s**.). 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block