Britney talks about therapy she was forced to do against her will (new skit)

1 hour ago, OutofKontrol said:

Prolly from grinding her teeth due to stress/anxiety 

Yup and not wearing retainer maybe she purposely did it so she would appear less attractive  with her teeth like that she can't be forced by her father or these others creeps to work against her will if she's not being kept up with to the standards she was held to before. there may have been other reasons people need to realize if she wanted next week she can get her teeth done just like sam and it would all look perfect she doesn't need too it's materialistic but if she wanted she could.. she already had perfect teeth it's whatever... just my take 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, blissfuloutsider said:

Yup and not wearing retainer maybe she purposely did it so she would appear less attractive  with her teeth like that she can't be forced by her father or these others creeps to work against her will if she's not being kept up with to the standards she was held to before. there may have been other reasons people need to realize if she wanted next week she can get her teeth done just like sam and it would all look perfect she doesn't need too it's materialistic but if she wanted she could.. she already had perfect teeth it's whatever... just my take 

Alright is exhale done talking about gaps between Britney’s teeth? Can we end it here? My God the disrespect. 

• Like 8

It’s sad what they did to her. She seems as though she’d greatly benefit from talk therapy to help her address things and begin to heal from trauma pre-cship & during it, and readjust to life without it. But after her awful experience she does not seem open to it. I understand. I hope that Britney finds a path to healing and lasting peace. She’s been hurt so badly for so long by people who are supposed to love you, protect you and be able to trust. Plus, she has very few people that she feels safe with. I wish her well.❤️🩹 :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2
12 hours ago, mmseventy said:

Ok now that I’ve had a chance to actually process what she’s saying rather than just laughing at how funny she is…. As someone who’s training to be a therapist, it makes me so mad that therapy was used manipulatively against her. And it’s sad because the right, trauma-focused therapy could go a long way in helping her, but it totally makes sense given her experience that she’d be untrusting of therapists now.

Also does that bit about doing it “the clear way” make anyone else think of Scientology? They have their whole “going clear” thing and I’ve never heard a “regular” therapist use those terms… I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an element of that in the **** they forced her to do.

Exactly!!!! I just said something similar. Idk about the Scientology stuff but there are elements of that meaning it could be the therapist she saw might have been associated with COS at some point. Britney has a very long road ahead of her. Some people might mistake what we have said as trying to control Britney and that we shouldn’t say what she needs so let her do or say whatever. I was accused of that a few weeks ago. That’s definitely not true. As you said, speaking from a therapeutic perspective (I was speaking out of concern that’s all) I’m/we’re watching her deal with her trauma, pain, anger and insecurities on Instagram here and there.

People have to understand that while it’s awesome that she’s living free now, but she’s essentially alone trying to navigate her way through raw pain. It’s not enough to say “not all therapists are bad”. She isn’t trying to hear that. Britney can find her way but she’ll need some guidance for a while, at least initially. Not just meds, praying and reading self help books… these are all GOOD THINGS btw, just that she’ll need professional therapy. Of course it’s up to her now. I don’t know how the care plan Jodi has in place is helping or if Britney is choosing to follow it (she’s probably not but who knows).

Tbh I can see her not wanting to **** with any kind of authority figure or “plan” because she might view it as a form of control (it’s not)  so she won’t do it, because of what her family, shady medical team and Team Con did to her in plain sight for 13 years. 😔 

3 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

Who cares about the gap in her tooth? People have gaps in their teeth naturally. No, you don't have to like everything, but commenting on her appearance is just freakin weird and rude 

exactly!! coming from someone who's had braces, I still hate my smile. I'd rather have Brit gap smile any day over mine. I have a tooth that never developed so my front and bottom teeth don't align :(

• Like 1

I hope I'm not stepping on toes by saying this. I feel like whatever works for a person should be applauded and keep it up. Therapy works for some people. I'm ****ed up enough that 9 out of 10 people would probably say "***** needs to talk to somebody because she's got a lot of **** in her head that she CLEARLY needs help with." Problem is I'm private and I've always bottled **** up. I literally don't see how it'd be possible to open up and I still feel like I'm sinking in quicksand.

I feel like therapy MIGHT work if you're with the right people. And with the skit, I don't see how it'd be helpful to have a therapist talk to you like that. I don't see how it'd be helpful that you couldn't go to a therapist and you literally unload all the **** for that day or that week that you want to discuss. If every other word out of your mouth is the f word because you're just that pissed, you got somebody to talk to and bounce stuff off of and they listen instead of brushing off what you're saying. Putting myself in Britney's shoes: I'd probably be labeled even more of a nutcase because I'd be talking a blue streak about the leeches that are surrounding me. No, I'm not tripping and seeing pink elephants so I'm not just making this **** up. And I'm not bull****ting if I'm talking about any form of abuse...like listen to me. Have somebody listen and it not be a case of playing to the same ****ty script of. "Oh Britney, you're so sick in the head. Don't you know your loving daddy saved your life? Don't you know how your daddy loves you?" I'd want to scream until blood poured from my lungs. It's not fun if you're stuck inside what amounts to an insane Twilight Zone episode.

And I know I probably don't have any business in saying this. I don't know Britney and I'm not inside of her head. The constant weight stuff is concerning. I'm not trying to play armchair psychiatrist. I'm not implying Britney has an eating disorder but this "I'm NOT fat" defensives from a THIN woman is out and out bizarre. Idk what kind of help she could seek but I hope she manages to work something out. I DO get it. As an actual fat woman I've caught a lot of **** throughout my life. I've had a family member mock me for my weight so I understand how embarrassing and infuriating it can be. As if these men looked like s** gods themselves. And I realize Britney caught more **** than just from her family. Anybody mocking Britney for being fat needs their ******* eyes examined because something's not working correctly.

I say this stuff from concern. Maybe it sends out signals because I like Karen Carpenter. I'm not applauding "skinny as a needle" stuff. It just makes me think of:

Spoiler

Therapy is a scam that manipulates victims of abuse and neglect to think that the problem is within their heads and that they need to “work on it” and be medicated for it. Everyone knows that people that goes and studies psychology are either psychopaths or in massive need of therapy themselves. 
We should change systems and enlighten whole societies on healthy boundaries and relationships instead.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I hope I'm not stepping on toes by saying this. I feel like whatever works for a person should be applauded and keep it up. Therapy works for some people. I'm ****ed up enough that 9 out of 10 people would probably say "***** needs to talk to somebody because she's got a lot of **** in her head that she CLEARLY needs help with." Problem is I'm private and I've always bottled **** up. I literally don't see how it'd be possible to open up and I still feel like I'm sinking in quicksand.

I feel like therapy MIGHT work if you're with the right people. And with the skit, I don't see how it'd be helpful to have a therapist talk to you like that. I don't see how it'd be helpful that you couldn't go to a therapist and you literally unload all the **** for that day or that week that you want to discuss. If every other word out of your mouth is the f word because you're just that pissed, you got somebody to talk to and bounce stuff off of and they listen instead of brushing off what you're saying. Putting myself in Britney's shoes: I'd probably be labeled even more of a nutcase because I'd be talking a blue streak about the leeches that are surrounding me. No, I'm not tripping and seeing pink elephants so I'm not just making this **** up. And I'm not bull****ting if I'm talking about any form of abuse...like listen to me. Have somebody listen and it not be a case of playing to the same ****ty script of. "Oh Britney, you're so sick in the head. Don't you know your loving daddy saved your life? Don't you know how your daddy loves you?" I'd want to scream until blood poured from my lungs. It's not fun if you're stuck inside what amounts to an insane Twilight Zone episode.

And I know I probably don't have any business in saying this. I don't know Britney and I'm not inside of her head. The constant weight stuff is concerning. I'm not trying to play armchair psychiatrist. I'm not implying Britney has an eating disorder but this "I'm NOT fat" defensives from a THIN woman is out and out bizarre. Idk what kind of help she could seek but I hope she manages to work something out. I DO get it. As an actual fat woman I've caught a lot of **** throughout my life. I've had a family member mock me for my weight so I understand how embarrassing and infuriating it can be. As if these men looked like s** gods themselves. And I realize Britney caught more **** than just from her family. Anybody mocking Britney for being fat needs their ******* eyes examined because something's not working correctly.

I say this stuff from concern. Maybe it sends out signals because I like Karen Carpenter. I'm not applauding "skinny as a needle" stuff. It just makes me think of:

Reveal hidden contents

What are you trying to say in all of this eggshell toe tipping? Are you implying you are “concerned” over Britney’s body image?! 
I think you can be more concerned over ANY other celebrity’s body image since they are all size zero or becomes it after a couple of years in the business. Really I think we should STOP focusing on individual women’s psyche and leave that **** at rest in peace in the 19th century where it belong and instead target beauty ideals of you wish. 

18 hours ago, Xavierleleon said:

What are you trying to say in all of this eggshell toe tipping? Are you implying you are “concerned” over Britney’s body image?! 
I think you can be more concerned over ANY other celebrity’s body image since they are all size zero or becomes it after a couple of years in the business. Really I think we should STOP focusing on individual women’s psyche and leave that **** at rest in peace in the 19th century where it belong and instead target beauty ideals of you wish. 

No, I was doing the eggshell talk about therapy. Therapy might work for some people and some people it doesn't. I don't want to make it sound like I'm being dismissive of something and somebody come in and say "Therapy saved my life. I literally wouldn't be here if I hadn't went to therapy."

As for body image, how can you not see the big picture? I'm bolding my tl;dr part. How many scars does Britney carry from the **** she's went through? People were VERY cruel to her as a whole and then you had her father making fat cracks as well. I AM a fat woman and I know how hurtful and scarring they can be. I can't imagine how ****ed up it must be to be thin OR an average weight and you've got people calling you fat. It's gotta **** you up hardcore. "But I thought I was an okay size? Is everybody saying this **** and I'm the one in the wrong?" Britney's been bringing up weight and being thin for quite a bit of time. I'm not the one bringing up size. She is. How am I in the wrong for asking if the ****'s she's been through has scarred her? Can she look in the mirror and see the actual size she is or is it like looking in a warped mirror and she's seeing somebody that looks 300 pounds in the mirror because people have put such **** into her head? I think it's fair questions. 

I think you're attacking me for no reason. I'm on a Britney Spears forum and Britney's the one that's been bringing up weight CONSTANTLY. It's not like she's silent and I'm nitpicking her "She looks WAY too thin today." "Britney, you might want to cut back on the food for a couple of weeks because you're packing it on." I'm not that way and never would do that.

But I can also open the door wider and see you're also making a point that **** in Hollywood's ****ed up. Been ****ed up and more than likely will always be ****ed up when it concerns certain things. Look at the references I make. I'm not into current Hollywood. You can slice what I like into different groups. You've got the dead group because I do like a few celebs that aren't alive anymore. You've got the people that are under the radar and won't get much attention here in America. You've got the people that actually get attention, alive and are up to date. I wouldn't hazard to guess that Britney might be the only one in that group. I don't watch up to date movies. I watch a couple of up to date tv series (The Conners--and I'll admit the only thing that keeps me watching that **** is I liked the original "Roseanne" series and this series pales in comparison) and I like The Babysitters Club on Netflix although I wouldn't be able to name any of the young actresses playing the club members if my life depended on it. Alicia Silverstone is literally the only one I'd be able to say "Yeah, I recognize her.*"

But I see what ****'s like throughout the years. I used to watch Ally McBeal when I was a teenager and I know you had rumors of Calista Flockhart having an eating disorder. Courtney Thorne Smith became dangerously thin and so did Portia De Rossi. Portia went on record for having an eating disorder. I'm not sure if Courtney ever did. It was sad seeing her normal body size on Melrose Place and then seeing her dangerously thin on Ally McBeal. She was back to a normal body size when I saw her on Two and a Half Men. 

I like Little House on the Prairie and my mom was curious about seeing Jennifer Landon (Michael's daughter) when she was on As the World Turns. She started out at a normal body weight and I think she left for awhile. She came back and looked thinner.

*Going back to Alicia Silverstone: I saw an article not that long ago where Alicia was talking about being called "Fatgirl" instead of "Batgirl" when she was doing "Batman & Robin". It's nothing new. Makes me think of the 80s sitcom "The Facts of Life" where the series was dubbed "The Fats of Life" by *********. I vaguely remember "Batman & Robin". Alicia does have a different body size than Yvonne Craig who played Batgirl in the original Batman tv series but I'd still label Alicia and Yvonne as both having normal body sizes even if they're both different sizes.

I'm not the one to attack because I'm not trolling sites and calling people fatties and basically ******* with their minds. I'm not the one to attack because I'm not the big shot in charge calling these women in and telling them "Yeah, you really need to do something about that extra weight you're carrying. You can never be too thin!"

End of the day: I'm here for a person's talent. I like who and what I like. And I still wish the best for the few celebs that I like that are still alive. It's a small group that unfortunately gets smaller with each passing day. 

Okay, I think I've gotten the essay out of my system. 

5 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

No, I was doing the eggshell talk about therapy. Therapy might work for some people and some people it doesn't. I don't want to make it sound like I'm being dismissive of something and somebody come in and say "Therapy saved my life. I literally wouldn't be here if I hadn't went to therapy."

As for body image, how can you not see the big picture? I'm bolding my tl;dr part. How many scars does Britney carry from the **** she's went through? People were VERY cruel to her as a whole and then you had her father making fat cracks as well. I AM a fat woman and I know how hurtful and scarring they can be. I can't imagine how ****ed up it must be to be thin OR an average weight and you've got people calling you fat. It's gotta **** you up hardcore. "But I thought I was an okay size? Is everybody saying this **** and I'm the one in the wrong?" Britney's been bringing up weight and being thin for quite a bit of time. I'm not the one bringing up size. She is. How am I in the wrong for asking if the ****'s she's been through has scarred her? Can she look in the mirror and see the actual size she is or is it like looking in a warped mirror and she's seeing somebody that looks 300 pounds in the mirror because people have put such **** into her head? I think it's fair questions. 

I think you're attacking me for no reason. I'm on a Britney Spears forum and Britney's the one that's been bringing up weight CONSTANTLY. It's not like she's silent and I'm nitpicking her "She looks WAY too thin today." "Britney, you might want to cut back on the food for a couple of weeks because you're packing it on." I'm not that way and never would do that.

But I can also open the door wider and see you're also making a point that **** in Hollywood's ****ed up. Been ****ed up and more than likely will always be ****ed up when it concerns certain things. Look at the references I make. I'm not into current Hollywood. You can slice what I like into different groups. You've got the dead group because I do like a few celebs that aren't alive anymore. You've got the people that are under the radar and won't get much attention here in America. You've got the people that actually get attention, alive and are up to date. I wouldn't hazard to guess that Britney might be the only one in that group. I don't watch up to date movies. I watch a couple of up to date tv series (The Conners--and I'll admit the only thing that keeps me watching that **** is I liked the original "Roseanne" series and this series pales in comparison) and I like The Babysitters Club on Netflix although I wouldn't be able to name any of the young actresses playing the club members if my life depended on it. Alicia Silverstone is literally the only one I'd be able to say "Yeah, I recognize her.*"

But I see what ****'s like throughout the years. I used to watch Ally McBeal when I was a teenager and I know you had rumors of Calista Flockhart having an eating disorder. Courtney Thorne Smith became dangerously thin and so did Portia De Rossi. Portia went on record for having an eating disorder. I'm not sure if Courtney ever did. It was sad seeing her normal body size on Melrose Place and then seeing her dangerously thin on Ally McBeal. She was back to a normal body size when I saw her on Two and a Half Men. 

I like Little House on the Prairie and my mom was curious about seeing Jennifer Landon (Michael's daughter) when she was on As the World Turns. She started out at a normal body weight and I think she left for awhile. She came back and looked thinner.

*Going back to Alicia Silverstone: I saw an article not that long ago where Alicia was talking about being called "Fatgirl" instead of "Batgirl" when she was doing "Batman & Robin". It's nothing new. Makes me think of the 80s sitcom "The Facts of Life" where the series was dubbed "The Fats of Life" by *********. I vaguely remember "Batman & Robin". Alicia does have a different body size than Yvonne Craig who played Batgirl in the original Batman tv series but I'd still label Alicia and Yvonne as both having normal body sizes even if they're both different sizes.

I'm not the one to attack because I'm not trolling sites and calling people fatties and basically ******* with their minds. I'm not the one to attack because I'm not the big shot in charge calling these women in and telling them "Yeah, you really need to do something about that extra weight you're carrying. You can never be too thin!"

End of the day: I'm here for a person's talent. I like who and what I like. And I still wish the best for the few celebs that I like that are still alive. It's a small group that unfortunately gets smaller with each passing day. 

Okay, I think I've gotten the essay out of my system. 

Right, sorry but I’m not up for reading your essay, I think though that whatever Britney’s “body image” is, is none of your business. And I am sick of the tired old habit of analysing women’s body images or mental health. Stop. 

13 hours ago, Xavierleleon said:

Right, sorry but I’m not up for reading your essay, I think though that whatever Britney’s “body image” is, is none of your business. And I am sick of the tired old habit of analysing women’s body images or mental health. Stop. 

I'm done playing nice. You have a VERY ****ty attitude. You copped attitude with my from your first reply and I try to explain the way I feel and you **** all over that. I'm done replying after this comment because you're not worth it. There have been some very kind people on this site but you're a ******* *******.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block