This Day in Pop: 'Swimming in the Stars' is released in 2020 (December 02)

Never understood the hating of the vocal production of the song. I mean, it’s the same producer of MOTM and I think the two songs compliment each other quite nicely and share similar production. I don’t think the background vocalist takes away from the song, I think she compliments Britney beautifully and echos her nicely. She never tries to “be Britney” like myah. If anything she reminds me more of the background vocals in DLMBTLTK. The song is so distinctly Glory and I just loved everything about that era including getting a peek of what it was “supposed to be” with this rerelease.

Yes. I know. The timing was extremely sus. But I’m truly just talking about the song here and nothing more.

With all that said, this song is lowkey one of my favorite Britney songs. It was nice to hear something unreleased that was officially released. That hasn’t happened since And Then We Kiss(?). It’s just amazing and I love it

unrelated but kinda related, does anyone have the image of just the beach? That was released as the the back of the vinyl but I’m looking for the actual digital file

• Love 8
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Never understood the hating of the vocal production of the song. I mean, it’s the same producer of MOTM and I think the two songs compliment each other quite nicely and share similar production. I don’t think the background vocalist takes away from the song, I think she compliments Britney beautifully and echos her nicely. She never tries to “be Britney” like myah. If anything she reminds me more of the background vocals in DLMBTLTK. The song is so distinctly Glory and I just loved everything about that era including getting a peek of what it was “supposed to be” with this rerelease.

Yes. I know. The timing was extremely sus. But I’m truly just talking about the song here and nothing more.

With all that said, this song is lowkey one of my favorite Britney songs. It was nice to hear something unreleased that was officially released. That hasn’t happened since And Then We Kiss(?). It’s just amazing and I love it

unrelated but kinda related, does anyone have the image of just the beach? That was released as the the back of the vinyl but I’m looking for the actual digital file

Tbh I agree the song is beautiful and they didn’t pitch the background vocals or anything they just heavily merged them but there’s just parts of it where it’s clear they used what they had of her vocals and obviously she wasn’t working and didn’t recut any of it but I listen to it and have the vinyl it’s a beautiful track in general. The vinyl back cover I have never seen the digital version anywhere unfortunately it wasn’t part of the press kit 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block