The director of Britney: For The Record: “I still can’t believe it took this long for that voice to be fully heard.”

Till today, I don’t understand how Team Con was Ok with FTR, the entire doc was her complaining about how she lost her freedom, how no one cares about her feelings, definitely was a different time back then, the doc was a compilation of how her civils right was taken away by her team, We were blinded by her “comeback” to see all of this. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Anibalto said:

Till today, I don’t understand how Team Con was Ok with FTR, the entire doc was her complaining about how she lost her freedom, how no one cares about her feelings, definitely was a different time back then, the doc was a compilation of how her civils right was taken away by her team, We were blinded by her “comeback” to see all of this. 

Back then we though she needed the c-ship, that's why nobody cared about what she said o how she felt 

• Like 2

The only new documentary I want, is one just like For The Record.  With only Britney talking, not some fake interviewer who's going to use the momentum and her situation for their own gain.

I want her to tell her story, and have full creative control, and this time not have to fight for every frame.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, toysoldier88 said:

It's a blessing ftr made the light, probably at the beginning team con was way more confident or they still weren't so cruel with her... I really would love a part 2, the way It was directed was magnificent:tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

I think when things really took a turn was sometime during the circus tour, when they started to see just how much money Britney and this “comeback” could actually bring in. When she started longing for more artistic control, I think they (and not even necessarily Jamie at that point right, because he’s not that smart IMO) realized somewhere down the line that making her an actual figure head for a brand and draining her of all rights could probably keep them making more money in the long run. When Reva Goetz, a judge who previously never had experience ruling on conservatorships or guardianships, approved of the conservatorship becoming permanent in 2010 I think is when a lot more control was distilled on her.

They were clearly drugging her with the wrong medication from 2010-2012, and probably settled for something lighter around the Piece of Me days which even then was uncomfortable for her. 2014 she appeared to ask to leave the conservatorship and even told the investigator of this in 2016… right around the end of the slumber party shoot nearing 2017.

I think around 2015-2016 Jamie genuinely was sick (perhaps not as frail as we were made to believe but nevertheless) and had transferred more controls over to the siblings. I think as bad as they are, they (primarily Bryan) likely aren’t as controlling as Jamie and brought joy via the additional Target shopping freedoms and increased time with her kids and his. I think of course that doesn’t justify anything, but given that the investigator themselves reported that Britney did not want to be in this and that the c-ship was harmful on record, led her to believe things would unfold a lot smoother. This is probably where the ire and passion for her craft come in too. I think things took yet another turn when they put her on another summer tour and then the domination announcement. It all hit that fan after that facility stay and lithium prescription against her will. 

the thing about this guy directing is, I wonder if Britney wanted to genuinely make the film in the first place. Either way, it’s very clear and insightful view on a woman trapped by the machine and a legal system that takes advantage of marginalized people every single day. I enjoyed it too.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block