Adele postpones Las Vegas residency one day before opening, drama behind-the-scenes

Jordan Miller

39 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That IS true... Unless you live there, no one casually walks around Vegas and decides to go to an Adele concert and finds free spots all of a sudden, people actually plan those trips. I'm surprised they waited until the very last minute to let people know. But in the end everything is about money, so they'd rather stress out and make people assume the consequences rather than postpone everything a month, or lose a month of shows.

This is bad! Adele should be more responsible towards her fan! They were ready to pay $1000 and she cancel a day before..what about flights, hotels, etcΒ 

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah thank God I am not an Adele Stan or I would be livid. Honestly if Dua cancels her tour days before, I’ll consider handing in my stan card. I have two pit tickets in two different cities in March and I’ll be damned if I find out last minute it’s cancelledΒ :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

I can't even, don't even want to imagine how do people from example Europe feel that are now in hotels in Vegas and the show is canceled...It is very cruel...Like I would do a street concert instead...They were aware of the virus, they should have made a bigger team...This is her thank u for people listening to her so much...Glad I also don't stan that exaggerated, boring music...:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah thank God I am not an Adele Stan or I would be livid. Honestly if Dua cancels her tour days before, I’ll consider handing in my stan card. I have two pit tickets in two different cities in March and I’ll be damned if I find out last minute it’s cancelledΒ :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

the woman hasn't opened a third date in MΓ©xico... I waited forever in the damn virtual queue to find no effing tickets in the endΒ :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

28 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Get vaccinated people and stay home lolΒ 

I am triple vaccinated and I am sick of staying at home. It’s funny I got Covid earlier this month and work still had me go back after I still had symptoms because of the CDC five day bull**** rule, lmao we are beyond continuing to be this paranoid about everything. I still say people be cautious and wear their masks/practice good hygiene but how does it make sense for events to require unvaccinated people to present a negative Covid test yet if you’re vaccinated you can just show you’re vaccinated and you’re good to go. My *** probably still had Covid when I went back to work but I had to go back because of the stupid CDC guidelines, lmao. If this was 2020 or even early 2021 I’d agree, but how many more years are we supposed to put life on hold?Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 6
On 11/30/2021 at 2:06 PM, FrenchToast said:

I stan Britney forever, but did you guys heard about a singer named Celine Dion ?Β :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:
Seriously, if someone gave a new modern image of Vegas residencies, it's her first...

sassy celine dion GIFΒ 

Β 

On 11/30/2021 at 2:18 PM, Trust Britney said:

Yes but no sorry.Β 

I love and respect Celine but Britney changed the game w VegasΒ 

Β 

Ok first of all, I’m very sad for the fans who flew to see Adele just to see it being canceled.Β 
Β 

Second. I have to respond to this Celine/Britney situation because it’s cringy AF. Without any doubt, CELINE is the one who started it all, she brought a brand new look to Vegas residencies. Before that, artists went to Vegas "to die". Up to this moment, A New Day is still the most successful Vegas show ever created.Β 

Britney went to Vegas because Celine paved the way, but she (Britney) also played a major role in revitalizing the concept of residencies.Britney is a main pop girl, and her audience is younger than Celine’s, so she brought a younger demographic to Vegas and it’s a fact. It’s because of Britney that artists like Lady Gaga, Christina, Katy, Gwen, ect. went to Vegas. But again, Britney would’ve probably never went to Vegas if it wasn’t because of Celine’s impact.
Β 

My point is, Celine revitalized the concept of Vegas residencies and is the first one who had a modern-day residency. Britney is responsible for the lineup that we have today in Vegas, she attracted "mainstream" artists and younger people to Vegas. These two queens are both responsible for what Vegas is today.Β 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

Sweetheart it is not your fault that a pandemic hit! This is all out of your control! Dont be so hard on yourself love. You didnt create Covid...

Covid wasn't born today, so yeah It is her fault to wait until last minute to notify the public the show is postponed. She did not find out about this a few minutes before posting the video. They already knew. She already knew. No regards for her fans that spent thousands of dollars to see her. Yikes.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, rennen2.0 said:

:hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

I'm seeing her in London this summer. Unless she cancels the day before. Knowing my luck she will. She cancelled my show in 2017 and clearly our stars are not aligning.Β :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

The stars know what the **** is good and honestly take it as a β€˜I won’t see a bich standing on a chair while mimicking on some ballads’ signΒ :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 2

Oh wait so her residency was supposed to start this weekend? LOL I thought it was kicking off on AprilΒ :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

Β 

But wasn't the tickets released in December? Is it normal for tickets to be released 1 month before the residency starts?Β :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

Β 

Also did they have any time for rehearsals between the residency announcement last month and now? I think this was way too wrongly handled, and Adele is partially responsible for this mess. What was the rush to start a residency that soon?Β :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

17 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Try harder..it’s not the first one! It’s always the one who change the game!Β 
Β 

Celine was first! But, britney changed the game. Love it or hate it, but it’s always britney *****!Β 

Especially when Britney went Vegas with only a decade and half of her career while Celine way later. So everyone saw how successful Britney was and jumped the money wagon.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block