Adele postpones Las Vegas residency one day before opening, drama behind-the-scenes

Jordan Miller

Let’s put this to rest… What Britney did changed the game because no one else with songs on Top 40 radio were headlining Vegas before she did it. Then you saw a flood of artists who weren’t “nostalgia acts” join in on the residency game. There is no shade to Celine, or Shania, or Elton, or Cher. All of whom has very successful residencies. But they were playing to older audiences. It’s just fact. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ElToxico said:

As much as I adore Brit, let's not pretend like she was topping the charts in 2013 when she started hers

- bj was realized after she had planned to have a residency in Vegas. bj was just an excuse to promote it.

- which means that she started her residency (like rehearsals etc.) when she was indeed topping the charts. her last 5 singles: S&S (WW hit, nb3 BBH100, nb1 hit in most charts); criminal (huge hit in Brazil, France, and other countries, still trendy on tiktok); IWG (top 10 hit, biggest radio hit); TTWE (top 3, huge song); HIAM (nb1); S&M remix(nb1); 3 (nb1).

5 hours ago, Sia said:

Maybe because there were no artists to line up between 2003 and 2014. Please give me a list of artists that could have had a residency between 2003 and 2014 that would have benefited from it?

-The Backstreet Boys (disbanded)

-Christina Aguilera (music career was practically dead)

-N*Sync (disbanded)

-Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Ke$ha (new to the scene and at the height of their careers)

-There are literally no other "young" artists who could have gone to Vegas.

So again, what exactly did Britney pioneer?

why are you acting like everybody is reaching here while she has a ******* "BRITNEY DAY" in the city :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

financial analysts and major outlets did state like Britney brought a younger demographic in Vegas. stop acting like Britney's audience is the same as Celine's :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2015/11/27/britney-spears-vegas-residency-was-a-game-changer/

unless Forbes suddenly became a bad source of information :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

final add: she broke attendance records in Europe & Asia with a recycled unpromoted show

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Sia said:

Young artists? Britney is nearing 40....what other "young" artists are you talking about? Britney was 32 when she started her residency....Celine was 35. So please enlighten me about this "younger" artist demographic. Literally all of the artists coming on to Vegas are in their 30's.

Talk to me when Taylor Swift or Ariana start a residency.

Why you so mad gurl? It is obvious Brit made Vegas more popular and cool, you can't really deny that. Celine has a different and older audience, it is not only a matter of age of the performer, plus she looks way older than Brit:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...

This was actually really sad to watch. She seems genuinely devastated and knows just how much she is letting people down, and how much expense people will have incurred on travel and accommodation. I believe that she is genuinely heartbroken and feels tremendously guilty. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block