Joseph Kahn says he will check out Britney's original "Perfume" video!

fintan

I don't know why but for some reason I don't believe him. I think it's just a PR stunt to build buzz for himself and/or Britney. Like why would you knowingly put a trauma victim through a reenactment of a possible suicide when you know they are in such a fragile and vulnerable state unless your intent was to glorify and exploit their vulnerabilities. Like, how would that ever be self-empowering for her? None of what he is saying makes sense to me. No offence. 

1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don't know why but for some reason I don't believe him. I think it's just a PR stunt to build buzz for himself and/or Britney. Like why would you knowingly put a trauma victim through a reenactment of a possible suicide when you know they are in such a fragile and vulnerable state unless your intent was to glorify and exploit their vulnerabilities. Like, how would that ever be self-empowering for her? None of what he is saying makes sense to me. No offence. 

It is empowering in the same way that halloween picture where she portrays an abused woman was empowering for her.

4 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Who confirmed this :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

Several insiders confirmed this either earlier this year or late last year when LQ pics from Glory started to leak. They went on to say it was RCA who insisted an 18 minute long video wouldn’t do well in the age of streaming  and asked for a shorter cut, which team b produced. David, however, was unwilling for his work to be compromised (hence his comments when the video leaked that this video was not his cut/edit). When this disagreement happened is when Team B cut the video entirely and hastily reshot it which effectively killed the Glory era/rollout.

They spent money on a high budget shoot and clearly had intentions of using it, even if they wanted to make adjustments in the end (like the fact they ended up using the Make Me single cover).  It was ultimately RCA and David’s stinginess that got the video cancelled.

Same thing with Joseph Kahn. They still used his footage. It wasn’t outright canned and reshot like the Make Me video. They spent the money and were going to use it. If anything, I really feel like RCA cancelled the original concept because of the increase in gun violence in the US, which honestly, in the end, might’ve been the better option for Britney (Look at the Criminal controversy just two years prior). Perhaps if there was more of a budget for Britney jean they would’ve reshot the video, but the final product was still beautiful, albeit kinda boring. It makes sense they didn’t reshoot as this era was already dying as opposed to Make Me which was lead single and they had to produce SOMETHING

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

But Britney getting slapped in the criminal video was just hunky dory absolutely no violence 

and it got flagged on youtube and it was the only FF video that took a million years to reach 100M views, killing the era along with it. You had to to be logged in with an 18+ account to watch it.

In contrast, Perfume ended up being a safe, but boring and confusing video with no replay value, killing the era along with it. Same with Make Me..., but at least she looks good on both I guess.

• Like 2
On 12/2/2021 at 12:36 AM, PokemonSpears said:

and it got flagged on youtube and it was the only FF video that took a million years to reach 100M views, killing the era along with it. You had to to be logged in with an 18+ account to watch it.

In contrast, Perfume ended up being a safe, but boring and confusing video with no replay value, killing the era along with it. Same with Make Me..., but at least she looks good on both I guess.

I thought Criminal got age-restricted on YouTube due to the ***ual content, not the violence, though. 

America is very ok with violence but not ok with s**. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I thought Criminal got age-restricted on YouTube due to the ***ual content, not the violence, though. 

America is very ok with violence but not ok with s**. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

well, maybe you're right, it was because of the shower scene, but it still got very criticized especially in the UK where it was filmed because of the use of guns 

The interesting thing is that her team at the time said: "The video is a fantasy story featuring Britney's boyfriend, Jason Trawick, which literally plays out the lyrics of a song written three years before the riots ever happened." Which is true, so they could've stuck to the same with Perfume, but I guess they just wanted to avoid all controversies this time around, maybe because of Vegas or something. 

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry to say this but I feel like Joseph Khan is the ultimate clout chaser. I used to have respect for him because he produced some of Britney’s best videos and always spoke highly of her. However, nowadays it seems like all he does is tease fans with this so called “Perfume (Director’s Cut)” that he claims to have. One day he says the footage is destroyed or deleted the next day he magically has the footage and is “looking for it.” I honestly doubt he has it and even if he does, he won’t release it, he’ll just tweet something out like, “just watched the director’s cut and it’s amazing but I’m not gonna release it” to further tease fans. I feel like now he’s just doing all this for attention and followers.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I’m sorry to say this but I feel like Joseph Khan is the ultimate clout chaser. I used to have respect for him because he produced some of Britney’s best videos and always spoke highly of her. However, nowadays it seems like all he does is tease fans with this so called “Perfume (Director’s Cut)” that he claims to have. One day he says the footage is destroyed or deleted the next day he magically has the footage and is “looking for it.” I honestly doubt he has it and even if he does, he won’t release it, he’ll just tweet something out like, “just watched the director’s cut and it’s amazing but I’m not gonna release it” to further tease fans. I feel like now he’s just doing all this for attention and followers.

Yeah, we'll never get the cut. He is a troll

3 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

He will need Britney’s and RCA’s blessings to release it. He can’t just risk his career for us fans. He still wants to work with other RCA artists :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block