Joseph Kahn says he will check out Britney's original "Perfume" video!

fintan

1 hour ago, Watch Me Work It said:

wtf, didn't he say a few years ago that he doesn't have it?  

hope he shows it tho, one less Britney mystery :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: he did imply he didn't have it

tumblr_inline_n94oaqBodn1sss11u.png

For anyone interested, since the anniversary is coming up in a few days, here are some of the interviews of Joseph Kahn where he's talked about Perfume, including the one for BreatheHeavy

• Like 1
Just now, Cinderella85 said:

No.This was Gimme More.Britney kidnaps her blonde me in a hotel and kills her.Then she goes to her own funeral as a black-haired Britney.And yes, I want to see it. It was Britney's own concept. I want to know what she wanted to tell us.Her team didn't forbade it for nothing.

In perfume, Britney plays a hitman.And a woman who is abused and beaten by her boyfriend.This are some pictures from the original video:

OIP.k-8VOSlQ4_BYuk8cG-20_QHaE-?pid=ImgDeOIP.oebnTmGF4e-9hVh55CN57QHaE2?pid=ImgDe

Holy sh*! I’ve never seen that!

2 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I wonder why they scrapped it, did Britney try to expose them?

was Britney with a gun a bad look for the conservativtorship

My own personal theory is that it was scrapped because there was an increase in gun violence in the US around this time. Like I’m not kidding, every other week there was a public shooting. My best guess is they just wanted to avoid bad publicity, which honestly might have been the best thing to do around such a sensitive topic at the time.

Or I could be wrong :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 3
  • Like 5

I really would love to see it. Britney is very smart in sending hidden messages through concepts of the songs and videos she selects. Seems like her former team mostly noticed it by the final edit stages just like Gimme More, Make Me, whatever they cut out from Work *****, Perfume,… etc. 

and it’s Joseph K’s work so it has to be good. He’s a master. Just ask Taylor Swift :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: she almost got her Toxic like video thanks to him. Bad Flop was a great effort :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

My own personal theory is that it was scrapped because there was an increase in gun violence in the US around this time. Like I’m not kidding, every other week there was a public shooting. My best guess is they just wanted to avoid bad publicity, which honestly might have been the best thing to do around such a sensitive topic at the time.

This was the exact reason tbh. I also think her team edited it down significantly behind this though 

44 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Naah, my theory is that good music videos require not only art but budget into edition, staff, lighting equipment, directors, etc. Mr Colon was never concerned about any of those issues you mentioned above, he just cared to fit everything in the original budget whatever the result was. That's why we got Randee's cartoon-ish photoshoots since 2011. Cheap budget, cheap results. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, I just want more!! said:

I really would love to see it. Britney is very smart in sending hidden messages through concepts of the songs and videos she selects. Seems like her former team mostly noticed it by the final edit stages just like Gimme More, Make Me, whatever they cut out from Work *****, Perfume,… etc. 

and it’s Joseph K’s work so it has to be good. He’s a master. Just ask Taylor Swift :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: she almost got her Toxic like video thanks to him. Bad Flop was a great effort :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

Actually for work ***** she said she did not liked the concept and wanted some scenes out because it was to much...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block