Madonna supports Xtina, Legends for Legends

Even beautiful is more of an LGBT anthem, I don't even think Britney has one. 

The video for beautiful was hugely impactful, a drag queen and two guys romantically in 2002, that was huge. 

The only reason why Britney is more focused, cos Xtina kissing a girl was very much her style. 

But for Britney that was totally against the image she presented. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Even beautiful is more of an LGBT anthem, I don't even think Britney has one. 

The video for beautiful was hugely impactful, a drag queen and two guys romantically in 2002, that was huge. 

The only reason why Britney is more focused, cos Xtina kissing a girl was very much her style. 

But for Britney that was totally against the image she presented. 

Absolutely, thanks for sharing this...

Honestly? When artists last SO many years in the business (like Madonna and Janet in the first place, then the following generation with Britney and Xtina), you really need to be a contemporary fan since the beginning to truly have an accurate perspective of them as artists and even as people. So I'm sorry newer fans or the new generations, you really need to have been there since the start to speak so freely (and severely) about them. I can do that about Britney and Xtina because I've been there since the beginning, but I definitely need to be more reserved with Madonna and Janet because I was NOT there since day one, so I can never have a complete picture.

The kiss with Madonna was pretty much a phenomenon in relation to Britney alone for a few reasons:

- Between Britney and Xtina, Britney has always been the hottest artist, the one who captured people's attention the most. No one can deny this, not even Xtina stans. Like, check pop history.

- Like Spice said, Madonna and Xtina were already known for "outrageous" things like kissing other women, so it was not as shocking coming from them.

- MTV filmed and aired the performance with the clear purpose of making Britney the focus, especially with the screening of Justin's face right between both kisses. That was obviously intentional, plus the VMAs have always been about the shock value.

So drag Xtina all you want for some silly laughs, but then clean the floor and turn off the lights when you leave the room. Oh and stream her music because she's a legend. And, again like Spice said, she truly is an LGBTQ icon. Britney, as much as I love her, I never felt she was. She's just very se xy and free to capture the gays' attention, and cute and nice to everyone, but she does NOT have a deep, personal connection with the community. She just does not. "Work, B*t ch" is probably her queerest song if you ask me, choreography included of course, but I truly feel like she just made it to have fun, not to promote queerness.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block