Kanye Defends Britney

36 minutes ago, cantgetnooops said:

why the FUHK would she be an advocate for something she DOESNT have, whilst in the mist about speaking on HER OWN state of health and lifestyle. Make it make sense. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

She was saying she’s strong and doesn’t believe she has a mental issue and look what the system did to her, so she wants to fight for people who the system is screwing over who actually don’t have the power to speak cause they are disabled . I felt she was saying she’d be an advocate for conservatorship abuse 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I’ve seen many people including psychologists in my family try to diagnose Britney as bipolar. I’ve gotten into arguments saying this has never been confirmed and she was just reacting to her life. But according to the psychologist in my family who never met Britney they claim that when she shaved her head that was her first manic episode and it only takes one manic episode to determine you’re bipolar…

That logic for an alleged professional is very unreliable and actually quite ridiculous. I shaved my head during lockdown… I’m fine 

So Kanye, who's had mental issues for years and was even sent to a mental health facility similar to Britney but never spoke up in defense of Britney's mental health or criticized the conservatorship, conveniently decides to now finally name drop Britney during his album's promotional campaign?

Y'all dragged Stefani Germanotta for doing the same during her movie promo campaign, but I guess it's fine when Kanye uses Britney's name for clout. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, indyRS said:

Didn't feel like defending Britney so much as name dropping her to make his point about himself.

Cause you never know with him. He flip flops his words so much.

I have re-watched this 3 times now and where is the support hes showing that everyone is seeing??

he basically lists all the things he achieved and is making the point that people still think hes crazy;

THEN; name drops Britney

and says "you can save that crazy talk for someone else" *audience laughs*

Am i on a different planet? where is the support - this sounds like a direct shade, and the audience clearly thought so too? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Trust Britney said:

I personally don't believe Britney has mental health issues.

However, I think the c-ship did some damage to her... I mean they drugged her for 12 years with her crazy doctor, etc... 

You can have mental health issues and still appear perfectly normal, it's not binary and there's not only one type of mental illness. We saw her mental health spiral even before the C-Ship. Sometimes situations (especially the insane pap situation before it all went down, where she couldn't go anywhere in private for a second, all while her parental rights were being threatened) can cause such issues and effect the chemical imbalance in our brains. She needed help, but she was seeking it in the wrong places with the wrong people, but that's not her fault because when you're in that situation you often look for a quick fix to feel any sort of joy.  Something obviously happened when she had to be taken away in that ambulance, sometimes it takes a breaking point (overloaded stress) or a demanding physical ailment (such as her knee injury) to push the chemical imbalance to go from 'normal' to 'severe'.  The C-Ship only made the situation worse when it got extended beyond the need. Maybe it helped in the first few years when we saw her improve, but that should have ended quickly after her consistent improvement and switched to just regular psychiatrist appointments like normal people go through where they assess and adjust (usually lower) the medication in small increments to see if the person is reacting better or worse, but it sounds like they were just increasing it or keeping it the same.  Her father then took advantage of the C-Ship to keep that control on her.  So this obviously took a hit on her mental health when she was improving.  Now that she's free though, she can't just 'be free', she has to still maintain her mental health and continue to assess and get the help she needs (which is what she said she would do during her court hearing, she just wanted to do them in the privacy of her home), otherwise the past can be repeated or worse. But one thing's for sure, she's definitely better off with this C-Ship FINALLY over, and she can finally get her life back together (which will help with her mental and overall health).

• Love 4
8 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I’ve seen many people including psychologists in my family try to diagnose Britney as bipolar. I’ve gotten into arguments saying this has never been confirmed and she was just reacting to her life. But according to the psychologist in my family who never met Britney they claim that when she shaved her head that was her first manic episode and it only takes one manic episode to determine you’re bipolar…

that's so ridiculous because we can all be bipolar or have trauma set us off. Some even commit suicide to temporary issues that are not permanent.. People just lose their mind sometimes and come back to it. I think it's a bunch of horse **** these people and their diagnosis.. 

I feel complicated about Kanye. To a degree, what he is saying is true. But when it comes to his "ideal" solutions for solving our very real problems, he embraces people like Trump who are all about short term gain for themself and not about long-term progress for humankind. 

Ultimately, it is musicians and entertainers that are a huge part of culture, but we're stuck in a culture that stripped all of its power from representative democracy and thrown it in the hands of rich oligarchs. This gives people like Kanye an outsized voice on the way of life in this country than the average person. Sorry to be political. What was done to Britney Spears was an undeniable violation of human rights. But empowering right wing forces like Kanye does only empowers the archaic methods that kept Britney restrained in the first place. This is only MY OPINION. 

8 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Right on! Good for you for holding on inside to what the truth is despite gaslighting from your family. Unless being stalked by paparazzi and used as the scapegoat for a narcissistic family and society are "normal" , then ****, Britney is biplolar. That was her day-to-day life. It's unfair to diagnose Britney as abnormal without acknowledging how abnormal her parents/family AKA her "support system" were and how abnormal the abusive history of Hollywood continues to be. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

Right on! Good for you for holding on inside to what the truth is despite gaslighting from your family. Unless being stalked by paparazzi and used as the scapegoat for a narcissistic family and society are "normal" , then ****, Britney is biplolar. That was her day-to-day life. It's unfair to diagnose Britney as abnormal without acknowledging how abnormal her parents/family AKA her "support system" were and how abnormal the abusive history of Hollywood continues to be. 

Tbh I’m learning that most of these mental health diagnoses are majority opinion based unless you have something that stands out constantly like autism. So many people get misdiagnosed as bipolar when they really have adhd or something 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Trust Britney said:

I personally don't believe Britney has mental health issues.

However, I think the c-ship did some damage to her... I mean they drugged her for 12 years with her crazy doctor, etc... 

I believe the same. She was definitely framed, even the paparazzi umbrella incident.. she was angry and rightfully so. According to patriarchy, of course an angry woman is crazy. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block