Cassie Petrey: "June 23rd changed a lot of things for me"

honestly she should be left alone unless britney says otherwise. is the way she's handling this professional? No. But neither is the way these fans are treating cassie, someone who honestly didn't even do much in the grand scheme of things. She was given what to post by a higher up team and she was doing what she was told, and if that Ronan Farrow article is in fact correct, she later helped britney down the line. Is she 100% innocent? no and she acknowledges that, but let's face it, there's way bigger fish to fry and it's not worth it to bodyshame/whatever else a social media worker whos probably getting paid in pennies and dimes

• Love 4
  • Like 4

Am I the only one thinking this way? I don't have any of these accounts to go and talk to anybody anyway. I feel like Britney should be the one firing the shots. What a fan says to the "Corrines", other members of Team Con, or the smallest fish in the pond won't matter very much. It'll be a hand wave and they'll just say "These people are nuts and harassing me." The thing that really sets a person on their *** is being cut off. "You're out of my life. Don't attempt to make any contact with me again. You just collected your last paycheck from me."

• Like 4

The shadiest thing Britney’s IG ever did was make that fake *** cancellation paragraph and go off about Lutfi emails for no reason. That’s more of a Lou narrative to me. Either way Cassie is literally the bottom of the barrel when it comes to problems.. aside from being complicit the same can be said for anyone who worked with her the past 13 years. Now worth giving her the time of day. Come on now 🥴 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

I wrote a positive, earthy, uplifting tweet to her. Hopefully it blesses her :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

“Cassie helped Cade get Rosengart with Madonna..”

I don’t believe Madonna had anything to do with that, according to what Ronan Farrow and the New Yorker reported.

Are we just making stuff up now, and publicly ganging up on people that should be left alone?

• Like 3

She absolutely helped push the agenda of Team Con. She will never be forgiven for that.

She was complicit in posting and pretending Britney was posting and was fine yet she was locked in a mental health facility. 

Plus, if her job is so stressful, doesn’t pay that much and she’s always being attacked you think she would quit.

Cassie was part of it all, too. A messenger type but still a part.

• Like 8

"You’re right. There are some things I regret and felt sick over. In fact I still feel sick over some of it. I felt stupid too, for not believing the right things. I’m just trying to stay focused on the future though. Also, it has been addressed behind the scenes"

There, Cassie. If your actions - or lack of - makes you sick, you're fully aware what you've done. Now leave.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I'm conflicted.

One the one hand, she's right, Rosengart definitely would have called her out but then again, her part was small as she didn't make things up, she did what she was told to. Cassie didn't put up the cship and everything that followed.

But then on the other hand... she also didn't do anything (as far as we know) to really help Britney. She must have known about the rehab thing where Britney was forced into, she never stood up, never came forward on social media such as Iggy, and ex-crew members. She could have quit her job and come forward and do what's right.

My conclusion is:

She didn't play a part in setting up Britney but she also didn't help her as much as she 'should' or 'could'. I don't think it's reason enough to go call her out and stuff on social media. It's just an error of judgement she has made. We're all human and a lot of us would also be conflicted in this situation, she has bills to pay too.

many celebs get their social media accounts serviced through ppl like Cassie and who she works for. So i think Cassie was just doing her job, and oblivious to what she was contributing to imo. If she however, did come to find out more than the average social media editor management team, as in she was told to post something Britney wanted but management threatened Cassie to keep shut, then shes at fault with helping TeamCon's agenda. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block