Britney couldn't finish a 'Blackout' track titled "See My Side" because she became too emotional

• Leader

Rolling Stone named Blackout one of the greatest albums of all time. To celebrate, they had a podcast to dive into the record. It includes an interview with Christian Karlsson A.K.A. Bloodshy ("Toxic"). 

Karlsson opened up about a song that Britney recorded titled "See My Side." It was co-created with Robyn during the same session as "Piece Of Me".  Thing is, Britney never finished recording the track because she became too emotional each time she went into the booth.

Rolling Stone describes it as "a vulnerable request for grace from a vicious public."

"We were trying to record it, but Britney... she was kind of too emotional. She recorded it but we could never finish it," Karlsson says.  

"The lyric was 'see my side, and I'll see yours better.'"

"I think that song should have made it on Blackout. It's a great song," Karlsson added.

It ended up being recorded by Jordin Sparks and featured on her debut album.

Listen to the clip here:

Related:

blk-side.jpg.ce10016dbe4b71e341fb6e122dce3893.jpg

• Love 6

Never heard this song before. I think the melody and lyrics of the chorus are gorgeous, I really like the vintage circus/Music box notes and handclaps louder by the second part of the song...the rest is pretty repetitive and still feels like a demo.

It makes me wish Britney had a raw and deep song that would show a more vulnerable side of her. 

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
22 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I remember hearing this song on Jordin Sparks album and thinking it was a horrible choice for her. I don't like it. 

yeah, it wouldn't be as bad with something more uptempo. Well, not uptempo, but more alive, something like Quicksand, or Outta This World 

• Love 7

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021