Ed Sheeran Releases Remix of "Shivers" Featuring Korean Superstars Sunmi and Jessi

Jordan Miller
This post was recognized by Jordan Miller!

"Thanks for taking the time to put this together!"

I Always Sing Live was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Ed Sheeran's Shivers, the 2nd single from his latest studio album = (Equals), has received a remix featuring K-Pop icons Sunmi and Jessi. The remix seemingly came out of the blue with a few social media posts teasing its upcoming release a week or so ago:

For those of you who are interested in who Sunmi and Jessi are, here's a brief introduction. As a matter of fact, both of them have been in the industry for a long time. Sunmi debuted in the year 2007 as a member of Wonder Girls - one of the most iconic girl groups in K-Pop history. They charmed the public with retro-inspired smash hits, such as Tell Me, So Hot, and Nobody:

Nobody was their attempt at tackling the United States, and they even managed to appear on The Wendy Williams Show, but this venture didn't go over particularly well despite the song's quality. A bit later, in 2013, Sunmi debuted as a solo artist with the song 24 Hours which became a huge hit in Korea and is still beloved today:

With the disbandment of Wonder Girls in the year 2017, Sunmi subsequently left her entertainment company to further pursue her solo career under a different one, and she's managed to snag many a hit song ever since. Moreover, Sunmi deserves props for being an accomplished singer-songwriter in an industry that is known for smothering personal expression. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

When it comes to Jessi, she's a singer and rapper who's been in the industry for just as long and could have even debuted in the ever-iconic Girls' Generation. In fact, she was actually born in the US, though she moved to Korea at the age of 15 to pursue a music career. Unfortunately, her career trajectory wasn't as enviable as Sunmi's, as she only enjoyed a moderate amount of success for the longest time. However, in 2020 Jessi hit it big with her breakthrough smash hit Nunu Nana:

And when I say it was a smash hit, it was a smash hit. Furthermore, she's become a favorite among the Korean public due to her larger than life personality and variety show appearances. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Β 

Personally, I have no thoughts on the remix because I haven't even heard the original, but I love Jessi and especially Sunmi, so it was a pleasant surprise. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Just tagging all the K-Pop fans I've interacted with on Exhale even though most of y'all probably have an aversion to Mr. Sheeran. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:Β white lipsΒ 

pale face :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

Breathing in snowflakes :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:Burnt lungsΒ 

sour taste :snapney_tongue_lick_snapchat_britney_funny_p:

and RHEY say she’s in the plus a team stuck in her daydream been this way since 18 but lately her face seems slowly sinking wasting crumbling like pastries they scream :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

the worst things in life come free to us :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:Β oh over the upa hand we goin mad for a couple grams but she don’t wanna go outside :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:Β tonight …… 

idc abt Ed Sheehan but I noticed I wasn’t tagged Β :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:Β so I’m gonna share my opinion that no one asked forΒ 

his only song that isn’t annoying is the A team, imagine peaking in 2011 :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:Β 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: to me

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Rik said:

idc abt Ed Sheehan but I noticed I wasn’t tagged Β :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:Β so I’m gonna share my opinion that no one asked forΒ 

his only song that isn’t annoying is the A team, imagine peaking in 2011 :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:Β 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: to me

I only tagged K-Pop fans.Β :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

The A Team is a great song, but I also loved his second album. Like, X was genuinely good. There was so much personality and talent on that album. I even went to the tour, and the show was amazing, but I stopped listening to him after that because he started releasing really generic teenybopper music. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette: These are great:

You can't listen to Bloodstream and tell me it isn't amazing. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

Thank you for sharing! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:This is the collab i didn't know i needed! Love both girls and Ed, great song!

It's good but also so random. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Reminds me of the Ellie Goulding x Red Velvet remix of Close to Me. Literally the most random thing that came out of nowhere. But I think it actually won some sort of award. Must have been a People's Choice thing or something. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

oH MY GOD NO ******* WAY!!!! SUNMI AND JESSI OMG :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:I ******* LOVE THEM BOTH, SO MUCH TALENT!

I did NOT expect this to come out of the blue, holy **** they made this into a whole new song :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:thank you so much for tagging me.Β 

Spoiler

Am I bad for wanting a version without Ed and only them two? :eyes_britney_laugh:

Β 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

oH MY GOD NO ******* WAY!!!! SUNMI AND JESSI OMG :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:I ******* LOVE THEM BOTH, SO MUCH TALENT!

I did NOT expect this to come out of the blue, holy **** they made this into a whole new song :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:thank you so much for tagging me.Β 

Β  Hide contents

Am I bad for wanting a version without Ed and only them two? :eyes_britney_laugh:

Β 

Yeah, they teased it like a week ago, but even then, seems like a lot of people weren't really aware of it. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Is it that different from the original, though? I haven't listened to an Ed Sheeran song since Shape of You. :emma: I'm kinda inclined to give this new album a listen, though, because he's been looking kinda cute this era, ngl. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: I should make a playlist that features the album and replace the original version of Shivers with the remix. But yeah, a Sunmi x Jessi version would slay. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: They have such good chemistry:

A true collab would be so slayful. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

9 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Β 

Just tagging all the K-Pop fans I've interacted with on Exhale even though most of y'all probably have an aversion to Mr. Sheeran. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

That part was for me :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

I just listened to it bc of Sunmi and I loved it :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:Β 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block