Does Anyone Else Find it Incredibly Unsettling How People Are so Quick to Turn on Britney?

On 11/24/2021 at 12:57 PM, glitterfalls said:

That's why I don't pay attention to to other people and really don't give two ****s what they're thinking about. I know my own mind and that's all that matters. I don't want to be like a fish flip flopping around. "Okay, it's time to hate this person." *gap time passes* "WE LOVE THIS PERSON AGAIN!" *more time passes* "Hate." "Like." "Hate." "Like."

I like Britney and know she's going through ****. I might not agree with everything she does or says but I'll also be quick to point that we're two different people with two different minds instead of judging the hell out of her and then flip flopping.

Wise words.

• Love 2

There’s an Indian movie in my regional language which touches upon this phenomenon.

The story goes like - A beautiful woman lives in a beautiful home, has a doting husband who loves her. During vulnerable time of pregnancy she struggles with mental health issues. She receives treatment and becomes healthy, returns back to her home. When she returns back she sees how everyone looks at her differently, treat her differently . She often hears people talking behind her back, ‘she’s crazy’. Still, she was bearing it because at least her husband is on her side. But later she finds out her husband is actually having an affair with his secretary, because his wife is ’crazy’. She is stricken by extreme sadness and utterly heartbroken at this point and actually becomes crazy. She is admitted to mental asylum at the end of the movie. 

Society is sick, once a person gets labelled ‘crazy’. They dehumanise the individual and treat them differently. Xtina fans dint shade in a humane way, they called Britney crazy and told she needed a C-ship. They were being disgusting humans. The stigma around mental health issues is real. 

• Love 2

All of the above: stigma, narcissists, etc.  Vulnerable or nice people may be considered easier targets and most go with the flow.

Most of all though, Lou Taylor, JL and other perpetrators would have a stake in destabilizing and distracting, as they always did.

Hence the critical articles, profiles etc. They are still at it in the background, with uninformed jumping on the bandwagon. 

• Love 1

They just love to hate her, but they always check on her. 

It has always been like this.

What matters is that we are on her side and we actually did sth that made a change. 

The other fanbases only have to talk about their idols give aways. Britney will always be another level of fame, impact, drama and talent. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block