Does Anyone Else Find it Incredibly Unsettling How People Are so Quick to Turn on Britney?

5 hours ago, joe sp said:

we're still the same trash people from 2007 :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Yeah, I really doubt people change that much. Doesn't matter how often they chant about being more aware and stuff like that. I sympathize with Britney and I was honestly gonna ask this in the Christmas tree thread but was afraid to. I wonder how many times she's able to get out of the house? She's even said she's scared of making mistakes and the paps are jumping out of bushes so it kinda wouldn't surprise me if she's barely coming out of the house. 

A lot of people still love a good downfall will rub their hands in anticipation like they're watching the best tv show instead of realizing this is a real person and not a tv show. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

The public is actually worse now than it was in 2007 especially with how social media and cancel culture have taken over.

I just don't get cancel culture. Like I was saying in the other post, I've got a mind of my own. I don't stan anybody. I want the freedom of being able to say "So and so is acting like a ******* idiot or saying something stupid." I say it but can still like the projects being put out. 

I still stick with my Roseanne example. Roseanne said some ******* stupid **** but I will never let that get in the way of how much I enjoy the old "Roseanne" series. "The Conners" doesn't measure up. Even that 10th season of "Roseanne" It's like printing out copies of stuff and you're running out of ink to the point where barely anything's coming out. Sometimes you can't go home again. I just wonder how many not only dumped Roseanne the actress but the series as well? "Will NEVER be able to watch the show again because that horrid Roseanne's part of the cast."

I think people actively look for **** to ***** about. If a person's doing that, how can you not find something to ***** about? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leviathan said:

mm excuse me? keep me out of your drama - I only said I wish she’d talk to us more… evidently a ******* crime.

I didn’t come after you in any of my post. I was just pointing out my opinion about something I noticed 

sheesh this forum is so confusing to participate. If I had a disagreement of an opinion I would tag you or say “I disagree”. Everyone immediately always gets so defensive on here. It’s so toxic. 

side note: what drama? i wish she would talk to us more too. It would be nice. I miss Britney just like everyone else here. The only defence I have for someone is for Britney … 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, dran said:

I didn’t come after you in any of my post. I was just pointing out my opinion about something I noticed 

sheesh this forum is so confusing to participate. If I had a disagreement of an opinion I would tag you or say “I disagree”. Everyone immediately always gets so defensive on here. It’s so toxic. 

side note: what drama? i wish she would talk to us more too. It would be nice. I miss Britney just like everyone else here. The only defence I have for someone is for Britney … 

You’re right I’m sorry ily; I think we’re all a bit on edge in the forum in general.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

The public is actually worse now than it was in 2007 especially with how social media and cancel culture have taken over.

Yes you go to GagaDaily and it is the most rotten place on this planet except they don't realize it because they're hiding behind "we good people" :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: it's so hard to have a conversation with someone who is constantly on the attack with psychological warfare and gaslighting in the name of "justice" :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

This, and Britney has always gotten good and bad press but thrived regardless :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

25 minutes ago, leviathan said:

You’re right I’m sorry ily; I think we’re all a bit on edge in the forum in general.

Not me :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Love 3

Not really since it is so obvious that this is a bought and paid for, coordinated hate campaign which was expected when Britney started to win in court. Google “Astro-turfing”. A lot of the accounts you see here, on Instagram and Twitter are bought bots and paid spindoctors assigned to create an illusion of public opinion. 
I also think it is Sam, Maxi and people behind the scenes that are manipulating the situation and the Instagram account. I don’t believe for a second that Britney loves Lady Gaga that much when her manager is best friends with Sam Asghari. The thing with the team around Sam is that they are intent on elevating his career, which means that it is important that it looks like he is supporting and loves Britney, while not necessarily having Britney’s back. They are using her as a stepping stone for him. They might have some win-win deal with Lady Gaga’s manager where they praise LG in exchange of favours for Sam. 
Britney, on paper, is surrounded by a team that Jody Montgomery picked out, that are influencing and interfering with all of Britney’s decisions. Supported decision making may sound harmless on paper but conservatorships are not trafficking of successful artists on paper either.

All and all, I think a lot of the hate towards Britney is fake, but creates an illusion of outrage that journalists pick up on and report on. Who honestly cares about Christina Aguilera? It is not like the GP adores her as if she was Whitney Houston or Dolly Parton.  

• Love 3

People expect her to come out of the conservatorship and be on her best behavior, looking fresh as a daisy and being prim and proper, but that's never been Britney. She's human, and she's not perfect. Nobody is! And coming out of a conservatorship, some bumps in the road are to be expected. I think the GP forgets that.

When I went out dressed as Britney on Halloween, some rando told me he thought the conservatorship was good for Britney because she seems unstable (or something like that). All I had to say to change his mind was, "Even if she's dealing with some issues, she doesn't deserve to lose her human rights." He immediately understood and changed his mind. It was pretty awesome, actually. 

My point is, for many people (including some fans), Britney's situation is very black-and-white. In reality, her transition from the c-ship to freedom has a lot of gray areas. Even if she says or does things that we don't agree with, she's no less deserving of her freedom. She's learning and growing, and I support her on her journey.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

First of all, Britney rightfully called Xtina’s snake *** out. I don’t care if she made 35 thousand nice comments in the past. She and her publicist or manager (whoever that man is) knew what they were doing when they refused to comment when asked about Britney. Britney saw that clip for exactly what it is, some side eye, fake ****. 

All hail the queen, May she snatch another wig in the near future.

:)

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block