First week predictions of Adele's '30' 800-850k

• Leader

Adele's impact :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Via HDD:

One weekend in, the hotly anticipated 30 by Columbia’s Adele is on track to bow (at #1, naturally) in the area of 800-850k—becoming the year’s biggest debut and by far the biggest first week since bundling was eliminated from the charts (the last album to bow in this range was Taylor Swift’s folklore in August of 2020, which racked up an 846k debut just before the rule change). Some 500k of Adele’s total should derive from the megastar diva’s handsome CD and vinyl offerings, as the proximity of the holidays makes the physical album a strong contender for under-the-tree real estate.

Her third studio album, “25,” sold 3.38 million copies in America in its first week.adele-re.jpg.44126507b551c9bcb02ac8355fd00b1f.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tprez said:

Loved 21, tolerated 25 and 30 is far from being good in my opinion

21 is my fave Adele record. I couldn't get into 25. I previewed a few tracks on 30 but something feels like it is missing but it does deserve a proper listen (according to the reviews saying it is her best ... which, blashpemy to 21). Either way, I'm super happy for her. There is definitely a place for Adele in the music world. 

People saying It would do 3m+, guys this is 2021 25 did those numbers because she didn't release it on streaming platforms and she has no fans she has GP as fans also would like to tell you she's a very global seller she will at least pick up 7-9m pure sales around the globe which is an impossible feat  to achieve for even someone like Taylor also seeing her most driven sales from US! 

She's seeing these numbers without streaming friendly songs as well, give her credit. 

• Love 6