Adele's '30' debuts at #1

Jordan Miller

On 11/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, Blackout Britney said:

Everyone has one in there car... 

Not any car since the mid 2010's has a cd player. Computers don't even have CD drives anymore.

And people don't buy/listen to full albums anymore. They listen to tracks individually. That is now gen z consumes music. 

Adele is great! But her target demo is aging - especially the millenials.

• Like 1

Fantastic numbers! This will continue to sell well through at least February of next year. Especially with Easy On Me serving longevity and Oh My God shaping up to be a hit. 

They probably could have really pushed for 1 million if they wanted. The vinyls going for $40 didn’t help I’m sure. Target being closed on Thursday didn’t help either. 

Hopefully we can get an extended version of the album next year! They can add 3 new tracks and Wild Wild West to this version (‘cause WWW not being on streaming services is a cold slap). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, maki93 said:

I find it weird that 30 didn't outsell Folklore in its first week. Adele was literally everywhere, LITERELLY. With the way the media portrayed the comeback, I expected at least 2 million copies.

I mean we all knew 30 will be third years biggest album, but I expected landslide numbers.

I'm curious to see the album's sales in weeks 2 and 3. 

She literally didn't even promote the album.. just one concert and that's all in US. No live shows no other events or concerts.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, W0rkBish said:

adele sold cause of her brand , not her current material. the new album is not good. anyways it is what it is i guess. 

I agree with this. From a "musicianship" point of view, it is good just because she is doing what no other or almost no other mainstream act is doing, which is using real instruments, almost no voice adjustments and sparse instrumentation. But she is not doing anything innovative. If anything, she is appealing to a feeling of melancholy people have over past production styles.

What she did is brave, cause jazz is definitiley not a big seller, and she went very vintage, jazzy, but I think its a snoozefest nonetheless.

• Like 1

I am not loving the album.. keep trying.. her voice is stunning .. yet I just am not  feeling it . Maybe its a sleeper .. yet I was like next .. next .. next .. next .. revisited it .. again and again.. next , next , next .  Now I am saying maybe 🤔 next album. Listened with a friend.. she was like I love Adele. Then decided not to buy the album after hearing it. Next .. bye bye 30

18 hours ago, maki93 said:

I find it weird that 30 didn't outsell Folklore in its first week. Adele was literally everywhere, LITERELLY. With the way the media portrayed the comeback, I expected at least 2 million copies.

I mean we all knew 30 will be third years biggest album, but I expected landslide numbers.

Adele didn't have a massive comeback single this time, Easy on me underperformed for her standart and Taylor keep working for years. 

Britney is a performer/entertainer. She commands a stage, her videos are so powerful, and she serves pure pop music. 

Adele and Taylor are singers. The focus is mostly on music, vocals, and lyrics. While Adele has her own formula, Taylor served us pop, country, and alternative. 

You cannot compare the three women with each other. Each have their own contribution. 

Britney sings better than Taylor. :emma:

• Love 1

Because this doesn't have 18 variants of vinyl + bundling! Adele is as organic as it gets she is up in UK + doing good overall in Europe. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Excuse me? Did she perform anywhere? Any live shows? no AMA, no live shows just one concert. She literally didn't promote the album in its first week. She only performed the weakest songs at the One night only and that's all. Do you call that promo? LMAO

Are you kidding me? She had a gazillion interviews that were covered by every TV channel and radio station. Her billboards were everywhere. CBS dedicated a two hour slot for her with OPRAH, and that was watched by  more than 10 million people. The Australians new reporter drama by itself was huge promotion. 

Promo via AMAs and VMAs are a thing of the past, have you seen the low ratings they get? No one cares about that anymore. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block