Adele's '30' debuts at #1

Jordan Miller

800k its absolutely great for 2021, but for Adele not really. If Taylor Swift can sell 500k+ of her old re-recorded album in first week, that these 800k+ looks a little bit stupid in compare. For sure Adele would have a stable second week because of BF, but she could pass 1m+ in first week, because many people would buy it the second week.

Not impressed. And i feel that the album would start to flopping after Christmas. Why people should buy it later?

On 11/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, AheadOfItsTime said:

800k its absolutely great for 2021, but for Adele not really. If Taylor Swift can sell 500k+ of her old re-recorded album in first week, that these 800k+ looks a little bit stupid in compare. For sure Adele would have a stable second week because of BF, but she could pass 1m+ in first week, because many people would buy it the second week.

Not impressed. And i feel that the album would start to flopping after Christmas. Why people should buy it later?

Adele sell around 200k over Taylor's rerelease. 
She is a flop.
Her career is finally over.
BYE.

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Живак said:

Adele sell around 200k over Taylor's rerelease. 
She is a flop.
Her career is finally over.
BYE.

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Both are probably the most boring main stream artist ever that are successful only because they are basic pretty girls with boring and basic music about broken hearts :emma: No shade but someone had to say it :emma: I'll never understand their success

Britney is a total opposite of them - every hit different from another one, she experiments a lot with sound, every era is different and Brit's extremely creative with songs, music videos, outfits, choreography etc. Yes, overall she's more successful than all of them and her impact is way way way way way way bigger than every artist (except Madonna) but guess what, general public don't like it. They love basic and boring songs, visuals, artists like Taylor and Adele

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Henry M. Torres said:

Both are probably the most boring main stream artist ever that are successful only because they are basic pretty girls with boring and basic music about broken hearts :emma: No shade but someone had to say it :emma: I'll never understand their success

Britney is a total opposite of them - every hit different from another one, she experiments a lot with sound, every era is different and Brit's extremely creative with songs, music videos, outfits, choreography etc. Yes, overall she's more successful than all of them and her impact is way way way way way way bigger than every artist (except Madonna) but guess what, general public don't like it. They love basic and boring songs, visuals, artists like Taylor and Adele

u spilled the tea bestie :emma:

• Leader

Queeeeen

Adele’s new album 30 blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, debuting with the largest week of 2021 for any album, while the set is already the biggest-selling album of the year. 

30 starts with 839,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 25, according to MRC Data.

Of 30’s 839,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 25, album sales comprise 692,000, SEA units comprise 141,000 (equaling 185.39 million on-demand streams of the set’s 12 tracks) and TEA units comprise 6,000 units. 

Of 30’s total album sales (692,000), physical album sales account for 487,000 of that figure (378,000 in CDs; 108,000 in vinyl LPs; and just under 2,000 in cassette tapes) and digital album sales comprise 205,000. 

30 has the second-largest sales week for a vinyl album, only Swift’s Red [Taylor’s Version] has sold more copies.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:39 AM, Andy***** said:

I do wonder: how is it possible we are still counting the CD sales? Who owns a CD player or uses one nowadays? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

Yes, I do I have like 100 cds of just Britney alone more than 800 CDs I have and 400+ vinyls and people should collect CDs to support their faves thats what Taylor fans do, and CD quality is far better than Spotify! CD is very good for cars. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

So Taylor never changed her sound hein?

I find it weird that 30 didn't outsell Folklore in its first week. Adele was literally everywhere, LITERELLY. With the way the media portrayed the comeback, I expected at least 2 million copies.

I mean we all knew 30 will be third years biggest album, but I expected landslide numbers.

I'm curious to see the album's sales in weeks 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

Love how it always goes back to Britney 👏:wink_britney_everytime_white:

ritney is a total opposite of them - every hit different from another one, she experiments a lot with sound, every era is different and Brit's extremely creative with songs, music videos, outfits, choreography etc. Yes, overall she's more successful than all of them and her impact is way way way way way way bigger than every artist (except Madonna) but guess what, general public don't like it. They love basic and boring songs, visuals, artists like Taylor and Adele

Britney is a performer/entertainer. She commands a stage, her videos are so powerful, and she serves pure pop music. 

Adele and Taylor are singers. The focus is mostly on music, vocals, and lyrics. While Adele has her own formula, Taylor served us pop, country, and alternative. 

You cannot compare the three women with each other. Each have their own contribution. 

• Love 1

Adele did this infamous quote and people said it was very shady aimed at females who liked being ***ual in their videos. I.e. Britney, Nicki, gaga. 

This comment even rolling stone said take it or leave it, she just slammed most pop females who like dancing and being around boys. 

"I make music for the ears, not for the eyes ".

Rolling stone said there's something s**ist about that comment towards girls who like to dress for themselves to feel ****, and be themselves..

She said that in 2011.

Even with the weight loss, she still wears dresses and is fully clothed. But she's a vocalist, in the league of Barbara striesands, Judy garland, you don't get these kind of female artists, known for their voice and nothing else. 

She was never called out, and nothing even happened with the anti Tik tok comment either. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, maki93 said:

I find it weird that 30 didn't outsell Folklore in its first week. Adele was literally everywhere, LITERELLY. With the way the media portrayed the comeback, I expected at least 2 million copies.

I mean we all knew 30 will be third years biggest album, but I expected landslide numbers.

I'm curious to see the album's sales in weeks 2 and 3. 

Because folklore had bundle. The rules changed the week after this release. Adele would have break 1 million with it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block