Adele's '30' debuts at #1

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Adele's new album '30' blasts to #1

Adele’s new album 30 blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, debuting with the largest week of 2021 for any album, while the set is already the biggest-selling album of the year. 

30 starts with 839,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 25, according to MRC Data.

Of 30’s 839,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 25, album sales comprise 692,000, SEA units comprise 141,000 (equaling 185.39 million on-demand streams of the set’s 12 tracks) and TEA units comprise 6,000 units. 

Of 30’s total album sales (692,000), physical album sales account for 487,000 of that figure (378,000 in CDs; 108,000 in vinyl LPs; and just under 2,000 in cassette tapes) and digital album sales comprise 205,000. 

30 has the second-largest sales week for a vinyl album, only Swift’s Red [Taylor’s Version] has sold more copies.

adele-re.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tprez said:

Loved 21, tolerated 25 and 30 is far from being good in my opinion

21 is my fave Adele record. I couldn't get into 25. I previewed a few tracks on 30 but something feels like it is missing but it does deserve a proper listen (according to the reviews saying it is her best ... which, blashpemy to 21). Either way, I'm super happy for her. There is definitely a place for Adele in the music world. 

• Like 1

People saying It would do 3m+, guys this is 2021 25 did those numbers because she didn't release it on streaming platforms and she has no fans she has GP as fans also would like to tell you she's a very global seller she will at least pick up 7-9m pure sales around the globe which is an impossible feat  to achieve for even someone like Taylor also seeing her most driven sales from US! 

She's seeing these numbers without streaming friendly songs as well, give her credit. 

• Love 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block