Be honest- are you addicted to the Internet?

Since I started watching videos and started doing zooms and **** to get points for my license usually my time spend online is from 9am to 11pm (everyday for the last 60 days)

I use my phone for max. 10 minutes a day but I am glued to my laptop.

I don't like that. At all. I haven't even realized how glued I've become.

Ironically, I'm attending a webinar about Internet addiction next week and I hope I'll learn some skills how to be less online and how to deal with the addiction.

It might be hard because lockdowns are happening and it's winter, days are super short- it's hard not to be just online and that's it.

• Love 1

I don‘t think that I‘m addicted. I can easily live without my phone or computer without any withdrawal symptoms. When I was in bosnia in august, I used the internet 20 min a day (because of the bad connection) and that was totally fine for me. BUT because it‘s winter and my uni is only doing online courses now, I‘m at home the whole time, my phone screen time is like 8 hours a day.

It‘s a mess, exhale > youtube > insta > grindr the whole day :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, cocodeluxe said:

I don‘t think that I‘m addicted. I can easily live without my phone or computer without any withdrawal symptoms. When I was in bosnia in august, I used the internet 20 min a day (because of the bad connection) and that was totally fine for me. BUT because it‘s winter and my uni is only doing online courses now, I‘m at home the whole time, my phone screen time is like 8 hours a day.

It‘s a mess, exhale > youtube > insta > grindr the whole day :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

This summer my average was an hour a day :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: I hate winter, it's boring and never ending

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Oh absolutely, I'm addicted to instagram, grindr, exhale, spotify, etc. I tried going a week without these and I was bored out of my mind. And i dont see anything wrong with it tbh. 

I feel like older generations keep shaming us for liking something they never even had, they kept pushing us to be like them just because this whole tech thing is unfamiliar to them. And from it, I think, comes this idea that internet and social media equals bad. 

If you can find the middle ground, it's not. I still workout every day, I still have a good job, I still go out with my friends and have a good social life. So my internet addiction isn't negatively impacting any area of my life. I'm happy with how it is :) 

3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Oh absolutely, I'm addicted to instagram, grindr, exhale, spotify, etc. I tried going a week without these and I was bored out of my mind. And i dont see anything wrong with it tbh. 

I feel like older generations keep shaming us for liking something they never even had, they kept pushing us to be like them just because this whole tech thing is unfamiliar to them. And from it, I think, comes this idea that internet and social media equals bad. 

If you can find the middle ground, it's not. I still workout every day, I still have a good job, I still go out with my friends and have a good social life. So my internet addiction isn't negatively impacting any area of my life. I'm happy with how it is :) 

It is  bad if you completely neglect real life and just live on the Internet.  Because if somebody hacked you, deleted all your accounts everywhere, you would lose hours and hours, days and months spent in a virtual world just like that.

Internet and technology should serve you, not vice versa.

16 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

:katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I was supposed to be on zoom and I got so bored and started playing Dua Lipa on max. while not realizing I'm unmuted. LUCKILY, there were more than 200 of us inside so I managed to leave before they noticed it was me

The moment I posted DL3 topic like... half an  hour ago in music news I blasted Physical on max.

:britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

I'lll go back before the end just to appear I was there the whole time. :fran_frog_meme_green:

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block