SlayOut in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

• Super Mods

Hey Exhale!

I’m on vacation and we just arrived at our destination in Santa Fe, New Mexico! :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy:

Does anyone live here or has been here before? :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: If so, what sites or restaurants do you recommend visiting?

Because Covid cases are surging across the state, we’re looking to do a majority of outdoor and safe indoor activities! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Any recommendations are helpful! :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Love 2

Hi baby omg 

I am at a wedding party Rn and drunk but let me tell u, I’ve been once as a kid. I can’t recommend much since I stayed primarily in a resort (it was through a cruise)… but remember to check out some local restaurants and order really delicious authentic Mexican food. Definitely go swimming too!

@PokemonSpears are u in Mexico? Perhaps you would know more of where to stay

have a safe and happy time slayout :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Rik said:

Hi baby omg 

I am at a wedding party Rn and drunk but let me tell u, I’ve been once as a kid. I can’t recommend much since I stayed primarily in a resort (it was through a cruise)… but remember to check out some local restaurants and order really delicious authentic Mexican food. Definitely go swimming too!

have a safe and happy time slayout :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

New Mexico hasn't been part of Mexico in like, 200 years dchga46-b4073fc3-9af5-4b77-99c3-c5716d02 but anyways, I've never been there so I don't know lol

• Haha 4
52 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

New Mexico hasn't been part of Mexico in like, 200 years dchga46-b4073fc3-9af5-4b77-99c3-c5716d02 but anyways, I've never been there so I don't know lol

Omg my bad I’m so sorry dhdjud

Spoiler

remember when u thought I was from India but I’m actually from Canada :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Rik said:

Hi baby omg 

I appreciate the well wishes! Sadly I can’t swim because it’s 38 degrees Fahrenheit/3.3 degrees Celsius! :jackk_alien:

New Mexico is known for growing hatch chiles, which we had in many forms last night in our dinner! :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

It is so beautiful out here! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Not my vacation coming to an end without any Exhaler input! :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

Most of them couldn't give you any suggestions because they haven't eft their home since Britney's last number 1 hit :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

I hope you had a great time!

How was it? 

• Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Midnight said:

Most of them couldn't give you any suggestions because they haven't eft their home since Britney's last number 1 hit :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

Not you describing me before I took this vacation! :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

7 hours ago, Midnight said:

I hope you had a great time!

How was it? 

Santa Fe, New Mexico is an incredibly beautiful little desert town. It’s the capital of New Mexico and one of the highest cities elevation wise in the country! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: It isn’t a huge city, nor are there many skyscrapers that one might think would be in a capital-city. It’s an incredibly walkable city, which is amazing! The city has a huge arts scene so if you’re into contemporary art, folk art, photography, and more, than Santa Fe might be a distinction for you! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:
The landscape and nature in this state is incredibly beautiful as well. Like nothing I’ve witnessed in my life. As you drive up the highways, you can see miles of incredible desert landscape, which may feature impressive red rock plateaus or mesas. If you go towards the northeastern part of the state, it’s more mountainous and forested terrain. We drove through the Carson National Forest, where we saw trees dusted with snow, and we hiked through Bandelier National Park, where you could see petroglyphs painted/carved by Indigenous peoples hundred of thousands of years ago. We also went to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, where we walked across this steel suspension bridge… it was so scary but we got some incredible pics of the landscape:

0-CF5-F10-C-B922-4953-A123-CF2-E3-FFCACF

The food here is really good! A variety of chiles are grown throughout the state, so the food reflects the unique tastes of each region of the state. Being from California, New Mexican food is definitely distinct from the Mexican food we have there. I think there’s more Hispanic and Native American influence in New Mexican food! It’s definitely delicious! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Lastly, it was interesting to learn that there weren’t any LGBTQ bars/establishments in Santa Fe. :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what: There are only two in Albuquerque, which is about an hour south of here. I kinda wish I went to one to see what the community is like out here, but we’ll have to wait till next time! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Additionally, the state has experienced a surge in COVID-19 cases, so many places have had odd hours or have been closed due to that. We’ve tried to do as many outdoor activities as possible to avoid crowds and things like that, but we’ve been respectful when doing indoor activities. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

All in all, if you love nature/the outdoors or the arts, come to Santa Fe! I know I’ll be coming back! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:
Santa Fe is #SlayOutApproved. :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Not you describing me before I took this vacation! :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Santa Fe, New Mexico is an incredibly beautiful little desert town. It’s the capital of New Mexico and one of the highest cities elevation wise in the country! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: It isn’t a huge city, nor are there many skyscrapers that one might think would be in a capital-city. It’s an incredibly walkable city, which is amazing! The city has a huge arts scene so if you’re into contemporary art, folk art, photography, and more, than Santa Fe might be a distinction for you! :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:
The landscape and nature in this state is incredibly beautiful as well. Like nothing I’ve witnessed in my life. As you drive up the highways, you can see miles of incredible desert landscape, which may feature impressive red rock plateaus or mesas. If you go towards the northeastern part of the state, it’s more mountainous and forested terrain. We drove through the Carson National Forest, where we saw trees dusted with snow, and we hiked through Bandelier National Park, where you could see petroglyphs painted/carved by Indigenous peoples hundred of thousands of years ago. We also went to the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, where we walked across this steel suspension bridge… it was so scary but we got some incredible pics of the landscape:

0-CF5-F10-C-B922-4953-A123-CF2-E3-FFCACF

The food here is really good! A variety of chiles are grown throughout the state, so the food reflects the unique tastes of each region of the state. Being from California, New Mexican food is definitely distinct from the Mexican food we have there. I think there’s more Hispanic and Native American influence in New Mexican food! It’s definitely delicious! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Lastly, it was interesting to learn that there weren’t any LGBTQ bars/establishments in Santa Fe. :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what: There are only two in Albuquerque, which is about an hour south of here. I kinda wish I went to one to see what the community is like out here, but we’ll have to wait till next time! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Additionally, the state has experienced a surge in COVID-19 cases, so many places have had odd hours or have been closed due to that. We’ve tried to do as many outdoor activities as possible to avoid crowds and things like that, but we’ve been respectful when doing indoor activities. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

All in all, if you love nature/the outdoors or the arts, come to Santa Fe! I know I’ll be coming back! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:
Santa Fe is #SlayOutApproved. :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

You got me packing my bags and heading to SF as we speak :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I'm glad you had a great time, that pic is beautiful, I felt your experience come through as I read your post. 

I remembered something about them having the spiciest chiles in the world right?

I will definitely be putting SF in my future places to visit.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, Midnight said:

You got me packing my bags and heading to SF as we speak :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I'm glad you had a great time, that pic is beautiful, I felt your experience come through as I read your post. 

I remembered something about them having the spiciest chiles in the world right?

I will definitely be putting SF in my future places to visit.

I wouldn’t doubt that they have the spiciest chiles! They’re known for hatch chiles, which aren’t as spicy. They provide a nice warmth, though! I’m a chicken so I can’t do too spicy of a chile! :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block