Rittenhouse Case- Your Thoughts

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I know you dont think he shoud have been there but the police were told to stand down and the comunity was being burnt down by the rioters. Insurance didnt cover the expenses by the way and most businesses never re opened. Do you not think that people from that community had the right to stand in front of buildings to try and deter people from burning it down? What if that was your business? your entire savings and life work? Or a family business? Would you just shrug and be ok with letting people burn it down knowing that insurance wont cover it? Or would you be relieved when people offer to protect it? One of the fires that Kyle put out was a dumpster that rioters were dragging towards the gas station... are you ok with that? 

If the police is told to do nothing are regular people supposed to just accept the destruction of their community? Instead of asking why a 17 year old was there why not ask why he felt his precense was necessary.  Its easy to judge when you are not affected and live far away. 

if you go to a riot where you know a lot of people are armed and violent (all of the guys he shot were criminals) then why wouldnt you bring a gun to protect yourself? People keep mentioning his gun as if he went to a peaceful protest and was the only one armed. Thats not the case.  It was very violent. In the days before Police and civilians were beaten and shot at. A 71 year old man was beaten with a rock and had his jaw broken because he tried to stop rioters from burning down a mattress store. 

As a European I also dont get the whole obsession with guns thing but it is what it is and it wont change. Last year was a record year for gun purchases. I guess watching procecuters let criminals go, jails releasing criminals because of Covid, police being told to stand down and watching communities get burnt down didnt make people feel safe. If people are scared and feel like they are in danger and nobody will help them, they try to help themselves. 

He was a teenager.  Teenagers have absolutely no business with rifles, period, no matter how desperately you're trying to justify it.

And America has a serious gun problem.  The amount of mass shootings is beyond ridiculous at this point, and absolutely nothing is being done about this.

America remains trash.

Am not from the US but I did read he was pushed to the floor by some protestors prior to him shooting.

I read multiple video footage shows him lyong on the floor with people wanting to attack him.

Now, I didn't look for vids or more information cause quote frankly, shootings in the USA became quite 'normal' at this point. In Europe, nobody's suprised anymore when these bad events happen. It has come to that point.

But if it's true then I agree with the judges since it clearly would be selfdefence.

Again, didn't dive into it and I really honestly don't care anymore. I am just happy my country doesn't allow guns. 

How americans are so desperate to hold on to their guns even though shootings happens all the time, is beyond me. 

Their classic sentence still chokes me "guns don't kill, people do". Lmao. Why would you hand people a gun if people kill? It's like offering a child to predetor. 

But be proud I guess.......

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mythology said:

He was a teenager.  Teenagers have absolutely no business with rifles, period, no matter how desperately you're trying to justify it.

And America has a serious gun problem.  The amount of mass shootings is beyond ridiculous at this point, and absolutely nothing is being done about this.

America remains trash.

yeah but this thread is about his trial and if he was guilty or not. Its not about 2A. The quetion is was it self defense or not.  :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

• Like 1

The entire situation (****** and trial) is a tragedy, but to really understand what happened you need to take the emotion out and look at the events from an objective point of view.

Do I agree that Kyle should've been there? Absolutely not, he put himself in harms way and one could argue that he was there to instigate. That said, he wasn't the initial aggressor and that is key.

Whether he obtained the weapon illegally or not is honestly irrelevant. If the concern is that he had a weapon illegally, then he needs to be charged for illegal possession of a firearm, but those weren't the charges. The charges were for ****** and thats where the focus needs to be.

Video footage shows that he did not fire shots first, he was not opening fire on looters or other bystanders freely. He only fired once he was attacked or when someone tried to take the firearm from him. 

If I'm walking down the street with a knife in my hand, that does not give anyone the right to attack me and try to take my knife. The second someone approaches me in an intimidating manner, all bets are off and I have the right to defend myself. Now, if I was running around with the knife waving it and approaching people to stab them, then yes the public has every right to subdue and/or attack me to eliminate me as a threat. 

The problem with this situation is that the victims approached and attacked Kyle BEFORE he made any gestures to suggest he was going to open fire. Again, holding a gun thats pointed at the ground in an open space is technically not illegal. Now, had Kyle been walking around pointing the gun at people, then yes the victims would have had every right to subdue or eliminate him as a threat. 

Again, I'm not saying what he did was right, but in all honesty, it was legally self defense.

Obviously the USA is showing once again its racist corrupted system letting a white guy kill people on the street with no authority , instead letting the police handle with the problem , but it doesn't really make a difference because the police in the USA is not better ..... So yeah nothing new unfortunately, and some racist psychos in the comment section think he is a hero for killing people as if he has the right.so I'm not surprised , what can we already think about people who are hungry to kill and ****** others ,and what do we think of their supporters ? Disgusting people who should rot in jail.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah but this thread is about his trial and if he was guilty or not. Its not about 2A. The quetion is was it self defense or not.  :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

No it wasn't , that young man was out there in order to ****** people on purpose regardless of their deeds , he was seeking to kill . It wasn't self defense period.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Obviously the USA is showing once again its racist corrupted system letting a white guy kill people on the street with no authority , instead letting the police handle with the problem , but it doesn't really make a difference because the police in the USA is not better ..... So yeah nothing new unfortunately, and some racist psychos in the comment section think he is a hero for killing people as if he has the right.so I'm not surprised , what can we already think about people who are hungry to kill and ****** others ,and what do we think of their supporters ? Disgusting people who should rot in jail.

the police were told to stand down thats why people came to protect the businesses in the first place. So letting the police handle it was not an option. 

Kyle was protecting a minority owned business and shot 3 white guys. Wtf are you talking about race for? 

You have clearly seen none of the evidence or watched the Trial. Instead of getting mad that a kid shot 3 criminals who attacked him and isnt going to jail for it forcus your attention to all the innocent people who are going to jail or guilty people who arent. Kyle may be unlikeable with an annoying nasally voice but he clearly shot in self defense. Lmao even Ana from TYT who is an extreme leftist admitted that she was wrong about him after looking at the actual evidence.  Tell me what exactly do you actually know about what happened that evenening. Im sure you know very little and that some of it is false. 

• Love 1

I think everybody should watch all of the videos of the trial before commenting their opinion, because that is the only place you will find the truth. They are extensive and tedious, but this trial was very complex and the jury deliberated on their verdict for a long time. The key witness, Gaige Grosskreutz, admitted to giving false testimony in his original police statement which was astounding to hear in court under oath. 

• Like 3
On 11/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Deplorable. He killed two people and no justice was served. Infuriates me. 

I've watched the trial and I think justice was served. What people forget is that the justice system is not based on 'guilty' or 'not guilty', it is based on reasonable doubt. There was not enough evidence to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle Rittenhouse committed ******. Self-defence is a valid defence. He killed two people, yes, but these people were chasing him and then attacked him violently. I've watched hours of the trial, videos from the night of the riot and the video of the shooting. The trial videos are extensive and tedious, but not the story you were presented with by the media. One of the key witnesses, Gaige Grosskreutz, was carrying a concealed gun which was against the law and which he omitted from his original statement to the police. He was seeking a $10 million payout, which he would not get if found to be carrying a gun illegally and pointing it at the defendant. The defence attorney questions him at length about this and it's shocking to hear him admit to lying in his original police statement. 

All I can do is recommend you watch the videos of the trial, at length. And please, do not follow what the media tells you, they are politically motivated and funded.

If you already have watched the trial and this is still your opinion, then fair enough.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Displayname30 said:

I think everybody should watch all of the videos of the trial before commenting their opinion, because that is the only place you will find the truth. They are extensive and tedious, but this trial was very complex and the jury deliberated on their verdict for a long time. The key witness, Gaige Grosskreutz, admitted to giving false testimony in his original police statement which was astounding to hear in court under oath. 

For most people, their political belief comes first, facts come in second, or more likely they never come at all.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the verdict, but that's just a small part of the problem, which is the toxic gun culture in the U.S.  But that's another conversation entirely, so lets move on for now:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
On 11/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, TheXtinction said:

The truly beautiful thing about how far left the left is really going is they’re pushing reasonable people to vote against them. DemonRats will get thrashed at the midterms..  demoRats think that because people didn’t like tRump that they don’t like the republican policies. Communism is in for a crushing blow.

Wow. You’re sadly very ignorant. Please tell me…besides from Fox News, where do your beliefs stem from? You’re just another angry republican?

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block