10 years ago I was seeing Britney live!

10 years ago I was seeing Britney live in São Paulo, Brazil. 

The show was full of energy as u can see in the video below. But IMO the highest pont of the night was SLAVE... gosh... E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y sang along every single word. (saddly I didnt fing a actual video os slave that night, 18th, nov, 2011).

What was you favorite part of that tour? And why?

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, GaSt said:

In Argentina she performed in a stadium with capacity for 60k people... they were cheap and didn't bring most of the stage

well, indeed I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to spend more to transport all the stage just because her team was cheap in general, but there's also the logistics issue.

The South American dates were like two days apart from each other. Maybe in the US it's easier to transport all the props within the same country, but idk, maybe it wouldn't have been possible to take everything from Brazil to Argentina in two days, adding all the time it takes to set up the stage, and then disassemble it, and then all of that effort only for it not being able to be used in Peru, Chile, etc. and those venues needing the other, smaller version of the stage, doubling the costs :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Maybe it WAS possible, but paying much more than what they would make out of the ticket sales. 

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think many Latin American venues just couldn't handle all the props of the bigger stages 

Nah, they were cheap. They even started to water it down after the dates they recorded in Toronto. No catwalk from that moment and the rest is history... :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It got worse on the Latin American leg, though. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

'Circus Tour' had a more complicated production in my opinion and they moved it around three different continents. Nothing was cut. FF tickets were more expensive than Circus btw, it didn't have as many dates like Circus Tour, she performed in some stadiums and they didn't travel that far like Oceania. Not to mention Latin America is probably cheaper than any other country she performed from Europe and ironically she grossed a lot in the first one.  :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

3 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

Nah, they were cheap. They even started to water it down after the dates they recorded in Toronto. No catwalk from that moment and the rest is history... :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It got worse on the Latin American leg, though. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

'Circus Tour' had a more complicated production in my opinion and they moved it around three different continents. Nothing was cut. FF tickets were more expensive than Circus btw, it didn't have as many dates like Circus Tour, she performed in some stadiums and they didn't travel that far like Oceania. Not to mention Latin America is probably cheaper than any other country she performed from Europe and ironically she grossed a lot in the first one.  :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

well, I don't deny they're cheap, but even if they weren't, there are certain things that happen not just with Britney, but with most tours in general, that are out of their hands, like the venues' capacity, and not in terms of how many people can fit in, but like the infrastructure of the place, as well as all the matters regarding transportation, both of the stage components as well as the crew needed to set it up and disassemble. Every person that is making a tour, or any business in general will obviously find the way to spend less and earn more.  :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I still believe the dates of the FFT were much tighter than Circus though. For example, Circus Tour had about a month between each leg: from North America to Europe, back to North America and then Australia.

But FFT, there was a month between North America and Europe, with European places being relatively close to each other. But then she did Abu Dhabi, and just 4 days later she went to the other side of the world to Brazil, two days later Argentina, and then Chile, etc, but these distances are far larger than the European dates. Now, if some of these venues can't hold the full stage, it's not only cheaper, but smarter to then just keep the cheaper version of the stage for all the shows, than transport two versions of the stage that are only gonna be used in very few shows each, because there weren't that many Latin American shows either. That without counting the things they had to remove even earlier as you mention, because maybe they were a burden to transport, or there were malfunctions, or who knows. So all of that needs to be taken into consideration and choose the best strategy.

About the price of the tickets, that depends on the people that organize each show. I don't know how it works for artists as big as Britney, but at least here in Mexico what I've always understood is that there are promoters that negotiate with the artists to bring the concert to a certain venue. The artist receives a fixed amount of money, sometimes even ahead of time, then it's up to the promoter to determine how much they're gonna charge, depending on how much they want of profit after they paid the artist. For example, I think one of the Femme Fatale concerts in Mexico City was free for the people, but Britney didn't perform for free of course, she was still paid, by the government (a very controversial thing btw :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: ), like she was paid at any other concert. I don't know who covers the costs of transportation, etc, but I suppose it must be a relatively fixed amount that is not dependent on the price of the tickets, but who knows.

• Like 1

OMG you’re Brazilian? No wonder you’re so cute. Eu também rsrs 

But going back to the topic. I’m so happy you got to see her live. After the way the Brazilian media treated her in 2001 when she performed at the Rock In Rio, and the crowd booed her when she should the USA flag during “Lucky”, I thought she was never going to go back.

I was fortunate enough to see her live 3 times. The first time during the DWAD tour when my friend sneaked the camera inside cause back then, cameras were a big no no, and we got to record 90% of the concert 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

OMG you’re Brazilian? No wonder you’re so cute. Eu também rsrs 

But going back to the topic. I’m so happy you got to see her live. After the way the Brazilian media treated her in 2001 when she performed at the Rock In Rio, and the crowd booed her when she should the USA flag during “Lucky”, I thought she was never going to go back.

I was fortunate enough to see her live 3 times. The first time during the DWAD tour when my friend sneaked the camera inside cause back then, cameras were a big no no, and we got to record 90% of the concert 

I was there... at rock in rio!!! EPIC NIGHT!

The media went after her mostly bcoz of the playback. I remember at some point her point mic was open and we could hear her complaing that the "production" let us waiting in between songs. 

And about the booing... well that was def not polite from us brazilians. sometimes brazilian people get way TOO patriot. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

On the other hand, she could have handled it better just by picking a brazilian flag right after that and the audience would have gone wild. Clichè but effective! We love and artist aknoledge our country, dont we?

6 hours ago, tommy_boy said:

That was her second tour in Brazil... I mean, we were just thrilled "she" managed to come to our country. I REALLY didnt care about the lack of production.

Course it would be cooler with the whole package... like when madonna comes... she brings the whole circus! But madonna is way bigger than Brit here in Brazil... maybe that justify the bigger effort.

and I didnt understand what u meant with "Not to mention Latin America is probably cheaper than any other country she performed". If u meant it was cheaper for her team to put on the show here, YOU ARE RIGHT! But that doesnt mean the tickets were cheaper. They were just as expensive. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

3 hours ago, fabricio83 said:

That was her second tour in Brazil... I mean, we were just thrilled "she" managed to come to our country. I REALLY didnt care about the lack of production.

Course it would be cooler with the whole package... like when madonna comes... she brings the whole circus! But madonna is way bigger than Brit here in Brazil... maybe that justify the bigger effort.

and I didnt understand what u meant with "Not to mention Latin America is probably cheaper than any other country she performed". If u meant it was cheaper for her team to put on the show here, YOU ARE RIGHT! But that doesnt mean the tickets were cheaper. They were just as expensive. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

I meant cheaper prices for transportation and stuff, the logistics in general. I'm from Venezuela and I was in front of her in Diamond section. Trust me! I know how expensive that was and in my country she grossed like 5M just that night. Oh! I remember how happy I was watching her doll face so close. Couldn't believe it. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block