Would you like to have kids?

No, because:

- I don't like children and I am awkward around children, they are unpreditctable and loud

- I don't think I am currently financially capable enough to provide everything a child would need to have a carefree childhood and good education 

- I like having alone time for myself

...but I am open to idea of changing my mind in the future with the right person

• Love 2

I don't feel qualified to bring another living person into this world.

I can barely deal with the struggles of everyday existence myself, let alone prepare someone entirely dependant on me to face them.

Not to mention all of it is pointless regardless. I don't need a mini me to help me end. They will die, too, as will everyone and everything. Spreading my genepool is not worth sacrificing the brief time I have to try and find some enjoyment in this bizzare existence.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Asakura Hao said:

I don't feel qualified to bring another living person into this world.

I can barely deal with the struggles of everyday existence myself, let alone prepare someone entirely dependant on me to face them.

Not to mention all of it is pointless regardless. I don't need a mini me to help me end. They will die, too, as will everyone and everything. Spreading my genepool is not worth sacrificing the brief time I have to try and find some enjoyment in this bizzare existence.

Yup. And sometimes (very, very rarely but still sometimes) I feel kind of bad I don't have kids but then I remember- just because you can have kids doesn't mean you should

And it's true tbh

I hate kids, they are expensive to grow they are messy and demanding I am a women and often people around me say that women aren't whole without being a mother and then I look at their lives and I feel I don't wanna be whole then! Kids are fun to play with but only when you know they aren't yours to keep, I have a dog and love him more than a baby. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I hate kids, they are expensive to grow they are messy and demanding I am a women and often people around me say that women aren't whole without being a mother and then I look at their lives and I feel I don't wanna be whole then! Kids are fun to play with but only when you know they aren't yours to keep, I have a dog and love him more than a baby. 

In you were in China they would grill your ***. Reminds me of this

Comments say she got married but to a German. I hope she didn't do it just for the sake of it and to keep her annoying family quiet.

• Like 1

I have several kids. Didn’t plan on it originally. When I had my first I felt like my heart was going to explode because I had never loved anything that much before. It’s an insane feeling. I wouldn’t trade my kids for anything in the world. It is stressful. I do never stop worrying about them. My anxiety is off the charts. But watching them grow and learn is amazing. I never aimed for the “mini me” I want my kids to be their own person, their version of happiness. I had a pretty ****ty life in my younger years. So I do my best to try to make sure they don’t have that life I did. You make mistakes and tell yourself daily you will do better. You can do better. Those smiles and I love yous and hugs, nothing compares. 

But I also know parents that never should have had children, because they are selfish and continue to put themselves first. I know people that decided not to have children because they acknowledge they don’t want to give up their selfishness - and that by far earns more respect to me. If you don’t want kids you don’t have to have them. If you find in older age you feel you must have a child and no longer can have your own foster and adoption is always an option. There’s no shortage of children in the world that need loving homes and don’t have one. I don’t believe that there’s a requirement to have children to be happy in life. But for me, my kids saved me. While I still suffer from depression as I have pretty much most of my life, my kids took me from a very dark place. And they bring me so much light. I feel lucky to get to be their mom. 

• Love 1

Nope. I'm enough for me to take care of. Investing in a child emotionally, physically, and financially isn't a priority. My nephews and niece are great to hang out with - but I can't take care of them all day. I adore the hell out of my cat, but sometimes I even struggle to give her the attention she wants. I love my child-free life.

I know deep down it's not about making sacrifices in general - I do every day for my demanding job, friends (I like to spend time alone but am also social and friendly, and it creates a lot of stress for me to make everything feel balanced for myself), etc. It's just that the sacrifices required to have children aren't things I'm willing to do; therefore, I'm not fit to be a parent and I don't see that changing. It wouldn't be fair to me or the child.

Having a child feels like I'd be shattering my life into pieces.

portals GIF

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Having kids is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I’m a straight male though so might be a little different than most of others on this site.

From what I’m reading, I’m glad a lot of you aren’t becoming parents. It does require a total lack of selfishness and from what it seems, many of you aren’t ready for that. Which is fine. I’m glad many of you realize that. It’s unfortunate when people know they are too selfish to have kids but have them anyway. 

Its definitely not for everyone, but if it’s for you, it’s amazing. 

On 11/17/2021 at 4:33 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

Do you want to have kids or no?

Personally, I'm horrified of the idea of having any kids- even adopted ones. I don't like them, can't stand them but I admire people who are parents, especially good parents.

I hated my whole childhood and I wanted to grow up so fast and everything kids related annoys me. I was also beaten alot while I was a kid and while growing up. I'd be scared I'd behave the same or worse towards my kids if I ever had them.

And I also don't believe in love at all. I'm 100% sure there is NO PERSON alive on this planet I'd sacrifice myself and have kids with. It seems like a mental and physical torture. There is no guy on this planet I'd do that **** for.

Props to everyone who believes in love and does all that. I don't. Also, I'm pushing 30 so it's not something like- oh you're young, you'll meet someone. No. I've already been long enough on this planet to know none of that is for me.

I always wanted 4 kids, and then I had one and I think I’m done. 
Our (American) society does not incentivize procreation. Child care costs more than rent!

IMO a lot of child abuse, like what happened in your experience😔❤️, is rooted in strained resources (mostly money or time).

so my message is, don’t have kids. We as a people need to adapt to the realities of our society—the “dream” of the nuclear family with three kids and a white picket fence is over. 

I’d love to, but it’s not in the cards for me soon. If you want to have a biological child as a gay man it’s so damn expensive. There’s always adoption as well, but even that gets expensive. Is it bad that the older I get the less they become a priority? As others have mentioned, my financial well-being is a priority and all the money I’d dedicate towards having kids could be placed towards retirement 

Raising a life is always good... But in the world we are living I would never love to have a child... It would be cruel to my point of view. Don't wanna judge anybody, but it's a difficoult road from now on.

In the name of a new world, the new generation must grow with a feeling of love and respect, and join the nature and take back this Planet to its brightness. Utopia. 

no no no no no.

I love kids but I want to live only for myself and I don't want to offend parents but sorry, I will, I think it's cruel to have kids because we can't ask them beforehand "do you want to be born?" and even if we do our best to make them happy and build a good future for them, there is no guarantee that they are going to be happy and have a beautiful life.I would have NEVER wanted to live the life I'm living if it was up to me (or any other life, honestly) and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.having a kid is the most selfish thing anyone can do."the world is a very cruel and dangerous place, anything can happen and **** up my child's life, s/he can be unhappy for life and s/he can't decide if s/he wants to be born but I'll have that kid anyway because I want to be a parent".it's just too wrong for me.

All the girls from my village is married and have kids except for me. I am so embarrassed still being single at 25. I am desperate for a man and to have 2 little boys. I visit my baby nephews and nieces quite so often. So heartwarming to see them and hold them. I feel old and feel like I should have done it when I was around 20-21. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block