Would you like to have kids?

I would love to have children but not sure they are in my cards. Yet it would be an honor. Almost had a friend , her and I were going to try.. yet she went down the wrong path. It would have been selfish and complicated. May foster down the road and try to adopt .  Yet blessed with some amazing nieces and nephews. Also uncle to many of my friends children .  Kids are amazing . I wish it was simple to have children. Yet amazing Uncle here.  I use to get sad. Yet learned to be thankful . 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I would love to, but this world is going from bad to worse. 

That's a huge factor for me too- I don't want more people suffering the whole bs. Climate sucks, pandemic is running wild, economy is ****ty... And how am I supposed to parent a kid when so many kids are terminally online? If I forbid them the internet, it would be helicopter parenting. If I let them use it, god knows what they would find...

So its easier for me to have pets.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

This is such a hard decision I believe. I agree that the world is not the ideal place to bring a child to and it's not getting any better. Leaving that aside I'm not even sure if I see myself as a mother, I mean I know I'd love them, but I'm not really used to being around kids since I'm the youngest in the family and I get a little anxious around them, I just don't have the patience lol so still haven't made up my mind about it, the only thing I always knew is if I have them, I want to be younger than my mom was when she had me (35), and that's 9 years away from now so who knows

• Love 5
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Good question. I'd love to become a parent one day but there are too many If's and when's which probably stems from the times we live in. I honestly don't know if it's possible with me for many reasons. The main one being that I'm not brave enough.

we can make kids together baby :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Haha 3

Sometimes I'm trying to imagine that , that after my 20's or towards 40 maybe .... But honestly I don't think I want to bring a poor soul into this sick world ...... Things are only getting worse and I don't think populating the planet is something we're getting encouraged to do anymore .... 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

That's a huge factor for me too- I don't want more people suffering the whole bs. Climate sucks, pandemic is running wild, economy is ****ty... And how am I supposed to parent a kid when so many kids are terminally online? If I forbid them the internet, it would be helicopter parenting. If I let them use it, god knows what they would find...

So its easier for me to have pets.

Exactly... being a parent is a constant worry. Sometimes, even when they try their best, kids turn out not so good, influenced by all they see. I worked with children for several years and it's the reason that makes me want to be a parent, and the same time, all I saw and heard makes me not... I don't know if I make any sense :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 3

I don’t. It just seems a lot of hard work and as someone who gets easily stressed I don’t think I could be up to the challenge. I just want to live my life thriving in a career, buying a dream home and hopefully getting married. But my future partner has to be respectful of my wishes. 

• Love 4

Glad to see I'm not the only one not wanting kids. I think this topic is still a huge tabboo. If you openly say you don't want kids, people tend to be like- that's so selfish, not everything is about you, we are all going extinct...

And I don't agree at all. It would be more selfish to put more people on this planet just to suffer in a horrible Black-Mirror-like reality. I highly doubt I'd be good or a great parent. Probably I'd be a horrible one and my kids would not have a proper parent figures, they would grow up on the internet, I'd most likely wouldn't be able to give them good education...

And maybe I am a bit selfish. I do want to focus on myself only. I'm my own priority. Kids are a mental, emotional, physical long term sacrifice I wouldn't make for anyone. I love single life with no obligations towards anyone. You can get the D without being married and chained to anyone and owing having kids to societies expectations :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

And also, I'm still a huge kid myself in a way - I like avoiding adult world bs :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 5
On 11/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

Do you want to have kids or no?

Personally, I'm horrified of the idea of having any kids- even adopted ones. I don't like them, can't stand them but I admire people who are parents, especially good parents.

I hated my whole childhood and I wanted to grow up so fast and everything kids related annoys me. I was also beaten alot while I was a kid and while growing up. I'd be scared I'd behave the same or worse towards my kids if I ever had them.

And I also don't believe in love at all. I'm 100% sure there is NO PERSON alive on this planet I'd sacrifice myself and have kids with. It seems like a mental and physical torture. There is no guy on this planet I'd do that **** for.

Props to everyone who believes in love and does all that. I don't. Also, I'm pushing 30 so it's not something like- oh you're young, you'll meet someone. No. I've already been long enough on this planet to know none of that is for me.

This really hits home because i am the same way, I'm the only one at family gatherings with no children while all my other siblings are there with theirs. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block