New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Would you like to have kids?

FreeBritBrit

I would love to have children but not sure they are in my cards. Yet it would be an honor. Almost had a friend , her and I were going to try.. yet she went down the wrong path. It would have been selfish and complicated. May foster down the road and try to adopt .  Yet blessed with some amazing nieces and nephews. Also uncle to many of my friends children .  Kids are amazing . I wish it was simple to have children. Yet amazing Uncle here.  I use to get sad. Yet learned to be thankful . 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I would love to, but this world is going from bad to worse. 

That's a huge factor for me too- I don't want more people suffering the whole bs. Climate sucks, pandemic is running wild, economy is ****ty... And how am I supposed to parent a kid when so many kids are terminally online? If I forbid them the internet, it would be helicopter parenting. If I let them use it, god knows what they would find...

So its easier for me to have pets.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

This is such a hard decision I believe. I agree that the world is not the ideal place to bring a child to and it's not getting any better. Leaving that aside I'm not even sure if I see myself as a mother, I mean I know I'd love them, but I'm not really used to being around kids since I'm the youngest in the family and I get a little anxious around them, I just don't have the patience lol so still haven't made up my mind about it, the only thing I always knew is if I have them, I want to be younger than my mom was when she had me (35), and that's 9 years away from now so who knows

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Good question. I'd love to become a parent one day but there are too many If's and when's which probably stems from the times we live in. I honestly don't know if it's possible with me for many reasons. The main one being that I'm not brave enough.

we can make kids together baby :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Haha 3

Sometimes I'm trying to imagine that , that after my 20's or towards 40 maybe .... But honestly I don't think I want to bring a poor soul into this sick world ...... Things are only getting worse and I don't think populating the planet is something we're getting encouraged to do anymore .... 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

That's a huge factor for me too- I don't want more people suffering the whole bs. Climate sucks, pandemic is running wild, economy is ****ty... And how am I supposed to parent a kid when so many kids are terminally online? If I forbid them the internet, it would be helicopter parenting. If I let them use it, god knows what they would find...

So its easier for me to have pets.

Exactly... being a parent is a constant worry. Sometimes, even when they try their best, kids turn out not so good, influenced by all they see. I worked with children for several years and it's the reason that makes me want to be a parent, and the same time, all I saw and heard makes me not... I don't know if I make any sense :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 3
  • Twitter Team

I don’t. It just seems a lot of hard work and as someone who gets easily stressed I don’t think I could be up to the challenge. I just want to live my life thriving in a career, buying a dream home and hopefully getting married. But my future partner has to be respectful of my wishes. 

• Love 4

Glad to see I'm not the only one not wanting kids. I think this topic is still a huge tabboo. If you openly say you don't want kids, people tend to be like- that's so selfish, not everything is about you, we are all going extinct...

And I don't agree at all. It would be more selfish to put more people on this planet just to suffer in a horrible Black-Mirror-like reality. I highly doubt I'd be good or a great parent. Probably I'd be a horrible one and my kids would not have a proper parent figures, they would grow up on the internet, I'd most likely wouldn't be able to give them good education...

And maybe I am a bit selfish. I do want to focus on myself only. I'm my own priority. Kids are a mental, emotional, physical long term sacrifice I wouldn't make for anyone. I love single life with no obligations towards anyone. You can get the D without being married and chained to anyone and owing having kids to societies expectations :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

And also, I'm still a huge kid myself in a way - I like avoiding adult world bs :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 5
On 11/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, FreeBritBrit said:

Do you want to have kids or no?

Personally, I'm horrified of the idea of having any kids- even adopted ones. I don't like them, can't stand them but I admire people who are parents, especially good parents.

I hated my whole childhood and I wanted to grow up so fast and everything kids related annoys me. I was also beaten alot while I was a kid and while growing up. I'd be scared I'd behave the same or worse towards my kids if I ever had them.

And I also don't believe in love at all. I'm 100% sure there is NO PERSON alive on this planet I'd sacrifice myself and have kids with. It seems like a mental and physical torture. There is no guy on this planet I'd do that **** for.

Props to everyone who believes in love and does all that. I don't. Also, I'm pushing 30 so it's not something like- oh you're young, you'll meet someone. No. I've already been long enough on this planet to know none of that is for me.

This really hits home because i am the same way, I'm the only one at family gatherings with no children while all my other siblings are there with theirs. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1