Demo for fan favorite 'Body Ache' leaks

58 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I feel like this song was kind of the blueprint, and then every EDM song after it adopted the same formula:

Maybe I'm just deluding myself, but that's the timeline in my head. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: Anyway, EDM is such a wide genre that you can't really put it in a box. There's so many EDM subgenres that I love (especially deep house), but it's the David Guetta / Zedd formula that got tired real quick. K-Pop, for example, has so much good EDM:

The deep house section (@2:00) is just *chef's kiss*. There's no s-xier genre than deep house. It does things to my body that no other genre does. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white: MASTERPIECE:

:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

26 minutes ago, Rik said:

I was watching this very interesting video on what happened to dub step specifically. Very interesting - I should definitely explore the history of EDM. And while Zedd and David Guetta and them were not the pioneers of EDM, I agree that their formula was really a blueprint for western artists 

I actually like house! And house inspired music

Actually, the instrumental for the demo got reworked for this track. Myah was involved in this track too.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

Actually, the instrumental for the demo got reworked for this track. Myah was involved in this track too.

Damn, it's surprising how many pots Myah has her hands in. She's even been credited on quite a bit of K-Pop hits too. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked: Lol, I saw the name Havana Brown, and it immediately made so much sense. She just screams generic club bangers. :orangu_orangutan_ape: We Run the Night kinda slapped, though. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

40 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Those “whoa oh oh oh’s” at the end of the track. They’re NOT in the final version. But I KNOW I’ve heard them in another track. Which one is it? It’s bothering me!

Guys it’s bothering me please someone figure it out :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

EDIT: it’s from the bridge of Till It’s Gone!!! Why is no one else talking about this?! @CJMCHdid they reuse vocals from that session?

35 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Guys it’s bothering me please someone figure it out :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

EDIT: it’s from the bridge of Till It’s Gone!!! Why is no one else talking about this?! @CJMCHdid they reuse vocals from that session?

27 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

Good catch omg 

Didn't catch those until now and those are Myah's so, OMG.

• Like 2

There's some additional vocal layers on the BJ version but it's probably still all Myah.

If Britney has any vocals on this track they're buried because the lead is definitely Myah.

This also explains the weird key shift in the second verse given the song's arrangement changed and they deleted the male vocal.

• Love 1

@IamMax @Avatar Myah said "the second verse was left open for Britney and Anthony Preston to write." In this demo, the first verse is repeated twice; lyrics for the second verse were indeed written later. As for the instrumental, there are obvious major musical differences—nine writers total for the final version.

@Gaydar @lustwecantcontrol @Arthurfleck I've listened carefully, and it sounds like the final Britney Jean version has some thin extra vocal layer (or simply additional vocal manipulation). The final version does have its own second verse (different lyrics and altered tone). Myah Marie appears to be predominant in the track (she confirmed "background vocals" on some of her own portals), but the jury's still out there about Britney's voice mixed in it, albeit lower.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block