'The day I saw Britney Spears’ father pull a knife'

I’m sure this has been discussed, but I’ve never seen this article, and wanted to share it with whomever else hasn’t. It’s a rather disturbing insight into the sick mind of Jamie Spears. I actually couldn’t believe what I was reading. The fact that a year later, this aggressive drunk was put in control of Britney’s entire life is so sad. I cannot imagine the fear Britney has felt from him if a complete stranger was terrified to be in his presence. The California  probate system really failed our queen, and I hope they are held accountable. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1092519/The-day-I-saw-Britney-Spears-8217-father-pull-knife.html

• Love 2
  • Like 6
5 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I’m sure this has been discussed, but I’ve never seen this article, and wanted to share it with whomever else hasn’t. It’s a rather disturbing insight into the sick mind of Jamie Spears. I actually couldn’t believe what I was reading. The fact that a year later, this aggressive drunk was put in control of Britney’s entire life is so sad. I cannot imagine the fear Britney has felt from him if a complete stranger was terrified to be in his presence. The California  probate system really failed our queen, and I hope they are held accountable. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1092519/The-day-I-saw-Britney-Spears-8217-father-pull-knife.html

Spot on. Rosengart, the part where it says her calls and messages monitored 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

“She is not allowed to drive her car or choose her own meals. She cannot leave her father’s side without permission – and then only with chaperones. All her phone calls are monitored and she is watched over day and night by guards.”

“They say that in private she confesses to feeling pressurised to perform, frequently dissolves in tears and has a volatile love-hate relationship with her father.”

”They also question whether Jamie Spears, a former bankrupt and recovering alcoholic whose only business experience is a failed building company is a suitable person to exercise such iron control over a very vulnerable young woman.”

“Insiders on her mini-tour of Germany, France and Britain revealed that the star lives in a bubble designed to maximise her potential as a money-making machine as well as physically separate her from all temptation – whether that be *****, alcohol, junk food or men.”

There it is. This article is from 2008. Everything we’ve had confirmed over the past few years has already been out there for years, for over a decade. Jamie’s abuse, control, alcoholism, concern for him being able to look after her money, her family spending her money, her being forced to perform, her communications being monitored, being treated as a cash cow, her kids being used to control her. And no one did anything. 

It’s quite obvious Jamie is the one that lives in a bubble (not to mention has personal issues) and can’t seem to come to terms that his daughter is a grown woman and is a typical tiger parent who wants to think his daughter is still a child that he can control since he can’t control his own life. 

maybe he keeps sending his daughter to a therapist because he can’t handle hearing this kind of talk when he does see one and reason why he hasn’t sought mental treatment. 

5 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

WOW never read this before. I can’t believe he was granted such a role with such information being public :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

the corruption in the law system is beyond :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Louis-j said:

Like father, like daughter. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Aw, beat me to the punch! :D

I just think it's sad. It's like I said on another thread...I realize there's people that can't speak for themselves but when you have somebody that can say "I DON'T want this person over my life." It's just sad the person isn't listened to. The plain fact of the matter is I doubt anybody would be cool with an abusive drunk having any kind of control over their life. I really hope Britney's case shakes a lot of **** out and a lot of people get put under the jail. I bet there's so many "Britneys" out there that fall between the cracks.

A lot of people aren't on the up and up. A lot of people do bad **** and will look the other way because they're benefitting. I hope the light is shone on ALL those cases.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

That's the power of the courts, people could read this, but then the court had signed off on it, and that's a powerful nod of approval.  The very worst thing they did to Britney was strip her of a right to an attorney of her choosing. It all cascaded from there.

I wish there was a way to hold Reva Goetz to account. Though I think her resigning from the court is a clue that something was up. But she's on top of the list, to my mind, even ahead of Lou Taylor.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arianna said:

The fact that this came out in 2008 and no one raised an eyebrow….

Crazy isn’t, kinda shows how society has progressed and how terrible it was back then.

most people probably took this article as-

“Britney spears complaining that her dad won’t let her be crazy anymore”…

there were many headlines like that back then

”Britney upset her dad forces her to wear a bra”

so many magazines actually did run articles back the  that kinda did express that Britney was in a bad situation 

but everything that was written was just disregarded and if anything people chose to laugh at her instead 

• Like 1

The unfortunate thing is it starts with her appearance on X factor UK, her first time back to the UK. 

And it was recieved badly because she lipped singed and missed to say some of the words and said 'good luck and keep doing it' which at the time seemed really oblivious to the situation (in hindsight she was not prepared and defo had no idea what the show was but britney was still seen as 'crazy')

Sadly, though factually true and points out all the injustice in her cship situation her live performance made people feel she was not able to work without being in such strict restrictions.

Lets try and remember Britney began the conversation about mental health after being relentlessly bullied and people loving it and finding it funny rather than cancelling them for insensitivity. This we know has changed.

Female rights have changed how we view things like this has changed but only a woman would be put in this situation. Men have done so much worse and been allowed to revamp their careers with no repercussions. 

Sadly, it was her performance and public opinion that meant people took a blind eye and thought she needed it. sigh. I was only 12 at the time and at that performance my dad said she needed what was going on. I never did. But my dad was older and is a father you only assumed it was meant from people watching that they thought it was right for her. 

So disappointed in the world but Britney is once again going to be moving conversation and it being in feminism and female rights. Try and see the positive

• Love 1
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block