Songs from Britney what you really like(d) but its just not produced as well as it should be?

10 hours ago, PreestriPeegliPeedi7 said:

with Glory i agree and not agree at the same time. but based on what i just said, i guess i know it to be true that it could have been better

i mean Blackout i have always liked and no negative criticism.

but something about Glory is so wooden and makes it harder to listen to these masterpieces.

to be honest, when i had the first listening party of Glory i was so underwhelmed. yet not like with first Brittany Jean listening, i heard potential in Glory and thought it was interesting

even so, i sometimes think Britney Jean is genius in its own right too. I mean say what you want Britney Jean is not totally bland and untalented. and in some way it IS a whole 

I’d say the vocal production on Glory annoyed me a bit. There’s some great songs where the production is great and she sounds good like MM, Man on the Moon, Slumber Party, If I’m Dancing, Mood Ring, Change Your Mind. Yet there’s others like Private Show, Liar, Invitation, Clumsy where you can hear every effect on her voice and she sounds like Bart Simpson :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

BJ would have been a good album had Britney actually sang on all the tracks. I really love Alien but again there are glitches in the production which is so frustrating as William Orbit is a massive deal to work with. I don’t care for WB as I don’t think it’s very Britney and it’s not her vocals. There’s a lot of generic pop songs on the album a bit like FF that could have gone to anyone. I really like Passenger, Perfume, Hold on Tight and Brightest Morning Star but the production is bad and/or it’s Myah singing. They had great potential though. 

• Love 1

Many. Most of Britney Jean, but its obvious.

Unusual You is a great song, but something is missing....

Freakshow as well. And Toy Solider - i feel that something is missing.

Alien actually its not that bad, i feel that It Should Be Easy is having a massive potential, but the production its so badly done.

Big Fat Bass as well. 

Will I Am in the early 2000s was a great producer, dont know what happend.

13 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

"Quicksand"

It's a truly beautiful song but Britney's vocals totally clash with the background vocals (Gaga) and it just doesn't sound finished properly.

I agree. I like that song and it does not sound polished.

Also, recently I realized the lyrics "Baby of all the guys you were my favorite" make her sound like a h0e. Exactly how many guys was she dating at the same time? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I’d say the vocal production on Glory annoyed me a bit. There’s some great songs where the production is great and she sounds good like MM, Man on the Moon, Slumber Party, If I’m Dancing, Mood Ring, Change Your Mind. Yet there’s others like Private Show, Liar, Invitation, Clumsy where you can hear every effect on her voice and she sounds like Bart Simpson :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

BJ would have been a good album had Britney actually sang on all the tracks. I really love Alien but again there are glitches in the production which is so frustrating as William Orbit is a massive deal to work with. I don’t care for WB as I don’t think it’s very Britney and it’s not her vocals. There’s a lot of generic pop songs on the album a bit like FF that could have gone to anyone. I really like Passenger, Perfume, Hold on Tight and Brightest Morning Star but the production is bad and/or it’s Myah singing. They had great potential though. 

i am just happy you think BJ could have been beautiful. i wholeheartedly agree on that.

as with Glory, i'd add sometimes the production of instrumental too is so wooden and the songs sound complicated. well i think i don't go so stricly hard with the vocals of Glory, but i see your point, totally

16 hours ago, merci12 said:

'Body Ache' 

'Intimidated' 

'Everybody' ? 

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

I was about to say "Intimidated" as soon as I opened the thread lol. I love the song, but the beggining annoys me. 

Most of Britney Jean, especially the Alien glitch, ugh. 

Invitation sounds like a LQ mp3 I don't know why. And I absolutely LOVE this song but it sounds low quality. Tell me if you guys feel/hear the same? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Alvy said:

I was about to say "Intimidated" as soon as I opened the thread lol. I love the song, but the beggining annoys me. 

Most of Britney Jean, especially the Alien glitch, ugh. 

Invitation sounds like a LQ mp3 I don't know why. And I absolutely LOVE this song but it sounds low quality. Tell me if you guys feel/hear the same? 

i just wanted to say i love Invitation so much. no, i will not even criticize

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PreestriPeegliPeedi7 said:

i just wanted to say i love Invitation so much. no, i will not even criticize

But listen to it closely, I'm not saying is a bad song, as it is one of my favs from Glory.

It just sounds weird, I don't know if you have the "tech-ears" to detect it.

Just now, Alvy said:

But listen to it closely, I'm not saying is a bad song, as it is one of my favs from Glory.

It just sounds weird, I don't know if you have the "tech-ears" to detect it.

i think i know what you mean but i like it like this all the more

i am weird like that, i prefer 480p to 1080p for example

of course we can talk about the vocals and production but i like it like that

as i said the whole Glory production should have been a bit different

but i still like Invitation and especially Invitation these days, its so sweet

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, cocodeluxe said:

I always felt that some vocals on Glory sounded very rusty. I mean she smoked during the recording sessions right? Its like this weird combo of a damaged voice + autotune.

nah i think she wanted to make some art, i don't think her voice is damaged.

don't come for me now of course i don't have no hard evidence for you but sometimes i feel Britney does something on purpose and people don't get it

when i think where Glory can be flawed is rather the production of everything else but vocals, vocals are super fun for me, even if i know egggggsactly why you think they would not be

FURTHERMORE, me saying that i won't crticize does not mean i couldn't find anything that can be criticized i just mean that i like the song so much i won't criticize. y'all shouldn't always jump into brusque conclusions.

Kill the Lights is a fantastic song.

Years ago however I did my own mix of the song which gave it more bass and a smidge uptempo of the song and now I can't listen to the original.

So I wish Kill the Lights had more bass and oomph in the instrumental. Especially when ",Mr. photographer" starts in the pre chorus.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block