New Yorker Article shines light on Britney's meeting with law enforcement: Why didn't she take further control of her life? “And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’”

katpup

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Is anyone else surprised that the site didn’t crash yesterday/we didn’t get Stronger to Top 10 on ITunes/not many active users yesterday compared to testimony/when voicemails leaked/documentary dates? Something doesn’t sit right with yesterday being so monumental for Britney and her fans and it seemed like any other Friday. Just me? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I couldn’t get BH to load during the hearing. But I listened to Andy’s live stream and missed all of what rosengart said 

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Is anyone else surprised that the site didn’t crash yesterday/we didn’t get Stronger to Top 10 on ITunes/not many active users yesterday compared to testimony/when voicemails leaked/documentary dates? Something doesn’t sit right with yesterday being so monumental for Britney and her fans and it seemed like any other Friday. Just me? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

3 hours ago, mmseventy said:

I was thinking the same yesterday, it made me sad. I found it surprisingly quiet on here. I think once Jamie was removed a lot of people lost some interest.

3 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

I will say I'm surprised I could get on because I was also expecting a crash.

We can thank @Jordan Miller for the new server as it was the reason Exhale didn't crash on June 23rd and in recent times unlike ATRL :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: However I agree there definitely was a lack of people, especially for a FRIDAY. Not to mention the main thread for Friday's hearing only ended up with 63 pages, that's a huge decrease from the main thread for June 23rd's which had 202 pages (although it might not be fair to compare given how we had no transcript on Friday but you get the point) :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

We can thank @Jordan Miller for the new server as it was the reason Exhale didn't crash on June 23rd and in recent times unlike ATRL :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: However I agree there definitely was a lack of people, especially for a FRIDAY. Not to mention the main thread for Friday's hearing only ended up with 63 pages, that's a huge decrease from the main thread for June 23rd's which had 202 pages (although it might not be fair to compare given how we had no transcript on Friday but you get the point) :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I think the main difference is britneys presence on june unlike now. Fans and ppl in general have been waiting to hear her own voice about all of this for more than a decade and we got that huge thing in june. Of course she being finally free is something we are all crazily happy about but this fact invites to celebration not to DISCUSS. Theres not much to discuss but to celebrate now, and we all do it in different ways 

• Love 2
  • Like 5
12 hours ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

It kinda makes it sound like she's clueless when she's asking that question, but I think she probably meant it more in frustration, since how can she literally do that when she's being harrassed and monitored so closely? Ngl, kinda sick of all these randoms coming out of the woodwork and commenting ****, let the woman speak at a time she decides and tell her whole story herself.

Can you blame her for seeming clueless?! I mean, you have a legal stranglehold that, at the time, you didn't know you could end, and when you try and do something, you're met with "I don't know what to do".

Britney isn't a legal expert, and she called the people who are supposed to enforce the law and was met with "why don't you just control your life?"

• Like 3
4 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

And also that the news about Britney being free leaked like 30 min after the court hearing started, so it was a quick session

• Love 1
13 hours ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

This is a day before she went to testify, though. I'm sure she knew by then, or she wouldn't have called the police to begin with. IMO they always make her sound like some confused innocent girl that needs saving with random dudes giving their takes on what she said/did/looked like well after the fact. I'll never be here for it.

This. I bet that "how do I do that?" was not so much a "I'm clueless about this" but more a "I'm trying everything, and nothing has changed so far".

She knew she would speak the next day and say she was being abused (AGAIN) and ask for her own lawyer (AGAIN), but she also knew she had tried that before and it was useless. Anyone would be asking "how do I do that" after that.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, eddieeddie said:

100%. But I also think she will look over her shoulder all the time as well. After 13 years of abuse from your own family it's hard to trust anyone at all.

And it's understandable. I hope nobody goes in that direction. "Look at how crazy and paranoid she still is!" I'm a complete ******* nobody and I just have a lot of bridges burned when it concerns trust. I don't think it makes a person crazy, delusional, paranoid to either have guards up, keep people at arm's length, watch your own back, etc. 

And the bulk of what I'm talking about are outsiders. It's new lows when you have a family of Corrines that's the one to burn that trust bridge for you.

Edited by glitterfalls
changed a word
On 11/13/2021 at 8:54 PM, IJustWannaLurk said:

It kinda makes it sound like she's clueless when she's asking that question, but I think she probably meant it more in frustration, since how can she literally do that when she's being harrassed and monitored so closely? Ngl, kinda sick of all these randoms coming out of the woodwork and commenting ****, let the woman speak at a time she decides and tell her whole story herself.

this is journalism, bb. No one is speaking for her, they are giving their testimonies of what they saw.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:40 PM, IJustWannaLurk said:

I disagree on that second part. They make her sound more confused and ignorant than she is. Let's not forget she tried to help herself out of the situation through legal means at the very beginning, but her first lawyer was literally thrown out of a courtroom.

I interpret it as a rhetorical question.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, IJustWannaLurk said:

Well, that's my point. Anybody would be confused in that situation, because they'd be right. It's corruption ******* her over, not her cluelessness and ignorance. She tried, and what she tried should have worked if the system weren't corrupt. But the way this cop worded it irritates me. "And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’" As if she's having an epiphany.

I did not take it at all how you took it, so maybe it's you :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

On 11/13/2021 at 10:23 PM, Bunkywoo said:

Stop calling her clueless. She was in an abusive controlled manipulative conservatorship. She tried several times to get help .. she tried to have her own lawyer. They were all in cahoots against her from leaving …. Allegedly taking money  . She tried to get  out.. no Britney was never clueless. It never was easy to get out of it. She was never clueless.. she was abused . 

EXACTLY. Thank you!

They tried to literally keep everything from her, her own lawyer was literally working AGAINST HER. She was not clueless, and I'm sick of her own fans on this site saying that. She tried getting out for years but they literally made it impossible.

Anyway, Thank God the fans found out and we said Enough! I truly believe it was a team effort between us and Britney and then she was able to speak and also get Rosengart, and the fans held the courts and Judge accountable. There was no way she wasn't getting out of this once we all did this.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block