New Yorker Article shines light on Britney's meeting with law enforcement: Why didn't she take further control of her life? “And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’”

katpup

26 minutes ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

Well, that's my point. Anybody would be confused in that situation, because they'd be right. It's corruption ******* her over, not her cluelessness and ignorance. She tried, and what she tried should have worked if the system weren't corrupt. But the way this cop worded it irritates me. "And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’" As if she's having an epiphany.

The way tje cop worded ot because the cop was not aware of how complicated the situation was. The cop gave a very simple and innocent answer which anybody would have given,  if they were not aware of the situation. Britney knew how complicated her situation was and how she was getting syonewalled at every juncture, her question was from her experience and context . Finally it was she who took the call to voice out her story via a courtroom.  It was that speech that caused the domino effect of concluding with terminating her conservatorship. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, IJustWannaLurk said:

It kinda makes it sound like she's clueless when she's asking that question, but I think she probably meant it more in frustration, since how can she literally do that when she's being harrassed and monitored so closely? Ngl, kinda sick of all these randoms coming out of the woodwork and commenting ****, let the woman speak at a time she decides and tell her whole story herself.

Yeah, I saw that snippet on another site before reading the article and I'm definitely reading into it more as being like: *shakes head* And how in the hell do I do that?" versus it sounding childlike. "How do I do that?"

I just hope people give her privacy. People aren't perfect and to expect perfection from anybody is absolutely insane to start with. I just know there's plenty of people expecting her to mess up and that's not a way to go about things. The people thinking this **** need to focus on their own lives because my guess is there's **** in their life that needs to be taken care of instead of watching/waiting/thinking "Britney's gonna **** up again and it's gonna be thrilling to watch. :mjpopcorn_Michael_Jackson_popcorn_chew_eat_movie_watch_thriller:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Observer101 said:

The way tje cop worded ot because the cop was not aware of how complicated the situation was. The cop gave a very simple and innocent answer which anybody would have given,  if they were not aware of the situation. Britney knew how complicated her situation was and how she was getting syonewalled at every juncture, her question was from her experience and context . Finally it was she who took the call to voice out her story via a courtroom.  It was that speech that caused the domino effect of concluding with terminating her conservatorship. 

Exactly. I'm not saying this cop is my mom's age. But there's a lot of people not in the Britney loop for what was going on in her life. My mom started asking me questions about Britney situation and she was getting pissed at what I was saying. She knew Britney was in a c-ship but didn't know how shady it had turned. So I'm not gonna attack this cop for more than likely not being in the loop 100%. I will ***** about Britney's stupid *** family filled with Corrines constantly saying and doing stupid **** (zillion babies when Britney has an IUD and can't even have one). They're the ones in the loop and still keep saying/doing stupid or crooked things. 

14 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Is anyone else surprised that the site didn’t crash yesterday/we didn’t get Stronger to Top 10 on ITunes/not many active users yesterday compared to testimony/when voicemails leaked/documentary dates? Something doesn’t sit right with yesterday being so monumental for Britney and her fans and it seemed like any other Friday. Just me? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I was thinking the same yesterday, it made me sad. I found it surprisingly quiet on here. I think once Jamie was removed a lot of people lost some interest.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Ugh this is heartbreaking. I think the ‘how do I do that?’ sounds like a combination of frustration and exasperation. We know she tried soooo many times to do something and got blocked at every turn. According to Britney’s Gram she was even considering applying for UK citizenship at one point to get away from the c-ship laws so she isn’t clueless but after over a decade of being lied to, manipulated, abused and gaslighted I don’t blame her for thinking ‘how the eff do I do something?’. Hmmm that bit about the agent and social media person then getting behind Britney because only Jamie was left on ‘team Jamie’...so they admit to being complicit with Jamie previously? :rupaulslap_hit_mad: I love this:  According to a filing by one of Tri Star’s lawyers, Rosengart said that he was prepared to publicly “unload” on the company, “no holds barred.”

Go King Rosengart! Legend! 

Exactly. I know how *****y/pissy I get when life throws **** at me and there's literally no choice in what can be done. Britney had done what she could do but when she keeps hitting these brick walls, yeah, you are pretty much left asking "How do I do that because I've done everything I know to do."

And once again I say that I love when a lawyer truly represents his client. Unload away!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Is anyone else surprised that the site didn’t crash yesterday/we didn’t get Stronger to Top 10 on ITunes/not many active users yesterday compared to testimony/when voicemails leaked/documentary dates? Something doesn’t sit right with yesterday being so monumental for Britney and her fans and it seemed like any other Friday. Just me? :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

I will say I'm surprised I could get on because I was also expecting a crash.

• Love 2

I don't like this article, the only new information is the interview with the police officer, which is okay, and then a whole bunch of dire speculation about how hard things will be for her, which seems to come from the same conservator crowd's mindset that "nobody gets out of a conservatorship". I don't believe for a minute that the conservatorship team defected en masse to "Team Britney" and I'm kind of surprised the writers seemed to fall for it. But I've never been a big fan of Ronan Farrow's. If Cade Hudson was so instrumental about recommending Rosengart, why doesn't he own it publicly?   (I prefer to think Keanu Reeves whispered in somebody's ear, but that's just me). Or any of these born-again white hats, for that matter. I do believe Jamie was left on his own, but that's more because everyone else saw the writing on the wall.

I think it's a hoot that obviously nobody from Rosengart's world is leaking anything. I also think it's funny that just about every twitter account I read from Free Britney is more enlightening than either one of the New Yorker articles. It feels dated, like they're regurgitating old views about it.

I don't think Britney was clueless about what she could do, I think it's the other way round, and she was used to people not understanding the situation. She might have asked thinking maybe he had an idea she hadn't tried. But her speech in court was too on point. She didn't miss anything. She even said she'd been researching the law and she knew it was possible to get out of it without a mental evaluation, and she was right about that, when all the experts interviewed afterwards said, oh no, that won't happen.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I literally logged in after months because of the monumental occasion. 
And I was surprised I could log on. The activity did seem to die off quick. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block