New Yorker Article shines light on Britney's meeting with law enforcement: Why didn't she take further control of her life? “And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’”

katpup

7 minutes ago, fays1 said:

No she was actually clueless. She didnt even know she could terminate the conservatorship. Her lawyer and judge both blocked information from Britney to free herself. 

This is a day before she went to testify, though. I'm sure she knew by then, or she wouldn't have called the police to begin with. IMO they always make her sound like some confused innocent girl that needs saving with random dudes giving their takes on what she said/did/looked like well after the fact. I'll never be here for it.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
Just now, IJustWannaLurk said:

This is a day before she went to testify, though. I'm sure she knew by then, or she wouldn't have called the police to begin with. IMO they always make her sound like some confused innocent girl that needs saving with random dudes giving their takes on what she said/did/looked like well after the fact. I'll never be here for it.

She is a victim asking for help, ofcourse they will make her sound like that! They made her sound the way the situation is.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, fays1 said:

She is a victim asking for help, ofcourse they will make her sound like that! They made her sound the way the situation is.

I disagree on that second part. They make her sound more confused and ignorant than she is. Let's not forget she tried to help herself out of the situation through legal means at the very beginning, but her first lawyer was literally thrown out of a courtroom.

• Like 3
Just now, IJustWannaLurk said:

I disagree on that second part. They make her sound more confused and ignorant than she is. Let's not forget she tried to help herself out of the situation through legal means at the very beginning, but her first lawyer was literally thrown out of a courtroom.

Which is why shes confused about all this and asking how to do it. Because the law says she has a right to a lawyer, yet the court denies her that right.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, fays1 said:

Which is why shes confused about all this and asking how to do it. Because the law says she has a right to a lawyer, yet the court denies her that right.

Well, that's my point. Anybody would be confused in that situation, because they'd be right. It's corruption ******* her over, not her cluelessness and ignorance. She tried, and what she tried should have worked if the system weren't corrupt. But the way this cop worded it irritates me. "And she looked at me and she says, ‘How do I do that?’" As if she's having an epiphany.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, katpup said:

Ronan Farrow and Jia Tolentino published a followup story in the New Yorker regarding Britney's situation. 

An interesting tidbit is insight into the 911 call Britney made the day before her June 23rd testimony. 

The part I found interesting was:

According to a person closely involved with Spears’s team, its remaining members decided to unite behind Spears. “Jamie’s the only one left on team Jamie,” that person said. Spears was focussed on getting a new lawyer, and the remaining team members—including an agent and an executive with the company that managed her social media—decided to help her retain new and more muscular legal representation. The agent had had prior dealings with Rosengart, a former federal prosecutor who has also represented Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Steven Spielberg, and Rosengart’s name was passed to Spears.

Any idea who the agent was?? Did CowdSurf/ Cassie ditch Jamie?

Wow 😮 does this mean Cassie, who we hated on so much bc of Britney’s Instagram, actually helped her and probably broke agreements w team con in the process? 🤯

• Like 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block