Shakira's "Laundry Service: Washed and Dried" is released on digital platforms for the first time ahead of the album's 20th anniversary

PokemonSpears

2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

come on now u know shakiras heart is set on her latin fans, us fans from english speaking countries barely get anything anymore and she barely even visits the states

her last album was a massive success in spanish success and was entirely made in spanish collaborating with artists from latin america, travelling to her home town and country to film videos, she knows her latin fans will always be the biggest most supportive fans which is probably why since 2010 shes remained mainly loyal to that fanbase curating stuff for them 

what i think shes trying to say is comparing the amount of success she had back in latin america in the 90s to when LS came out and then following Fijacion oral/Oral fixation, her fame and success really did like triple even in latin america

ofc i wasnt born and brought up there at the time so please dont take me wrong these are all things ive gathered directly speaking to her older latin fandom on twitter 

ugh I know what you mean, I can tell you're well intentioned and that you love and admire her, but the thing is that whatever she kept releasing in Spanish, it feels disconnected from us now. I know I'm not the only fan from Latin America who feels this way. Maybe this is because she kept singing some songs in Spanish but while having a worldwide audience in mind. You can't cater to everyone. I think it has to do with the lyrics. Her lyrics were always what made her so loved around here.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

ugh I know what you mean, I can tell you're well intentioned and that you love and admire her, but the thing is that whatever she kept releasing in Spanish, it feels disconnected from us now. I know I'm not the only fan from Latin America who feels this way. Maybe this is because she kept singing some songs in Spanish but while having a worldwide audience in mind. You can't cater to everyone. I think it has to do with the lyrics. Her lyrics were always what made her so loved around here.

I think it's because, as with most artists, the best lyrics or the songs with most emotion are those that come from heartbreak or a very tormented relationship. Of course that's not always the case, but what I mean is that ever since she found Piqué, and had her kids it's like she's in a very different place, a happier place it seems, so now it's like, her songs are just jolly and empty, because there's like nothing harsh happening in her life right now (unless she starts singing about tax evasion claims :orangu_orangutan_ape: )

I feel like she should dare to maybe sing something from other songwriters if she can't find the right inspiration for a powerful song these days. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it's because, as with most artists, the best lyrics or the songs with most emotion are those that come from heartbreak or a very tormented relationship. Of course that's not always the case, but what I mean is that ever since she found Piqué, and had her kids it's like she's in a very different place, a happier place it seems, so now it's like, her songs are just jolly and empty, because there's like nothing harsh happening in her life right now (unless she starts singing about tax evasion claims :orangu_orangutan_ape: )

I feel like she should dare to maybe sing something from other songwriters if she can't find the right inspiration for a powerful song these days. 

Actually, I was going to mention "Me Enamoré" as the only Spanish song that somehow caught my attention in a long time. She sounds super genuine in it, even though the lyrics are so jolly that sometimes they sound a little cheesy: 

[Verso 1]
La vida me empezó a cambiar
La noche que te conocí
Tenía poco que perder
Y la cosa siguió así
Yo con mis sostén a rayas
Y mi pelo a medio hacer
Pensé: "Este todavía es un niño"
Pero, ¿qué le voy a hacer?

[Pre-Estribillo]
Es lo que andaba buscando
El doctor recomendando
Creí que estaba soñando, oh, oh
¿De qué me andaba quejando?
No sé qué estaba pensando
Voy pal cielo y voy pateando, oh, oh

[Estribillo]
Me enamoré, me ena-na-namoré
Lo vi solito y me lancé
Me ena-na-namoré
Me ena-na-namo...
Mira que cosa bonita
Que boca más redondita
Me gusta esa barbita
Y bailé hasta que me cansé
Hasta que me cansé bailé
Y me ena-na-namoré
Nos enamoramos
Un mojito, dos mojitos
Mira que ojitos bonitos
Me quedo otro ratito

[Verso 2]
Contigo yo tendría 10 hijos
Empecemos por un par
Solamente te lo digo
Por si quieres practicar

[Pre Estribillo]
Lo único que estoy diciendo
Vayámonos conociendo
Es lo que he estao proponiendo, oh, oh
Nos vamos entusiasmando
Todo nos va resultando
Qué bien lo estamos pasando, oh, oh

[Estribillo]
Lo vi solito y me lancé
Me ena-na-namoré
Me ena-na-namo...
Mira que cosa bonita
Que boca más redondita
Me gusta esa barbita
Hasta que me cansé bailé
Me ena-na-namoré
Nos enamoramos
Un mojito, dos mojitos
Mira que ojitos bonitos
Me quedo otro ratito

[Puente]
Nunca creí que fuera así
¿Cómo te fijarías en mí?
Toda la noche lo pensé
Este es pa' mí o pa' más nadie
E-es pa' mí o pa' más nadie
E-e-es pa' mí o pa' más nadie

[Estribillo]
Lo vi solito y me lancé
Me ena-na-namoré
Me ena-na-namo...
Mira que cosa bonita
Que boca más redondita
Me gusta esa barbita
Hasta que me cansé bailé
Me ena-na-namoré
Nos enamoramos
Un mojito, dos mojitos
Mira que ojitos bonitos
Me quedo otro ratito

[Puente]
Nunca creí que fuera así
¿Cómo te fijarías en mí?
Toda la noche lo pensé
E-es pa' mí o pa' más nadie
E-e-es pa' mí o pa' más nadie

The worst time in her life, from what I understood, seems to be when she recorded "She Wolf", so that should be an outstanding album if we follow that rule that you mention and that I believe is true as well. That's a good album if you ask me but again she seems detached from the music (or maybe just the singing?), slightly uninspired and sometimes even monotonous. I don't know what's going on in her head but I feel like she needs inspiration. Maybe she achieved so much already that she's no longer as hungry? That happens to every artist...

15 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Actually, I was going to mention "Me Enamoré" as the only Spanish song that somehow caught my attention in a long time. She sounds super genuine in it, even though the lyrics are so jolly that sometimes they sound a little cheesy: 

The worst time in her life, from what I understood, seems to be when she recorded "She Wolf", so that should be an outstanding album if we follow that rule that you mention and that I believe is true as well. That's a good album if you ask me but again she seems detached from the music (or maybe just the singing?), slightly uninspired and sometimes even monotonous. I don't know what's going on in her head but I feel like she needs inspiration. Maybe she achieved so much already that she's no longer as hungry? That happens to every artist...

And I think it's also because the music landscape has changed so much.

Latin pop is basically dead thanks to reggaeton and the urban sounds, and rock, pop/rock even more. For example she released that ballad Nada as a single, but nothing happened with it compared to those Maluma songs or whatever, so for her as an artist is like, she's always gonna try to go for what gives more success.

Regarding that, I wish she collaborated with other kind of artists, someone like Juanes, or Julieta Venegas or even Gloria Trevi. Even with the Super Bowl last year they missed the chance to release something together her and JLo. I feel like she needs to collaborate with someone that has the same level of artistry as her, and come up with something that elevates them both, but at this point it's more likely that she collaborates with someone like Bad Bunny than a real singer/musician that is at her same level. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And I think it's also because the music landscape has changed so much.

Latin pop is basically dead thanks to reggaeton and the urban sounds, and rock, pop/rock even more. For example she released that ballad Nada as a single, but nothing happened with it compared to those Maluma songs or whatever, so for her as an artist is like, she's always gonna try to go for what gives more success.

Regarding that, I wish she collaborated with other kind of artists, someone like Juanes, or Julieta Venegas or even Gloria Trevi. Even with the Super Bowl last year they missed the chance to release something together her and JLo. I feel like she needs to collaborate with someone that has the same level of artistry as her, and come up with something that elevates them both, but at this point it's more likely that she collaborates with someone like Bad Bunny than a real singer/musician that is at her same level. 

Juanes (LOVE THAT GUY) loves rock, as well as Shakira, that would be a good one!

Don't underestimate Bad Bunny's lyrics, though... He's definitely more woke than that Maluma mess.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I bought the CD recently because that edition was not available online. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

On 11/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Whenever, Wherever is now in HD on YouTube and Facebook

It looks really rough, like a basic upscale of the master. But better than the 480p version that was on YouTube.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block