Shakira's "Laundry Service: Washed and Dried" is released on digital platforms for the first time ahead of the album's 20th anniversary

PokemonSpears

laundry.png.ba1a3121746ebbb1464e50f182be516f.pngOn November 13, 2001, Shakira released Laundry Service, her fifth studio album and the first one to be in English. In honor of its 20th anniversary, the special edition "Washed and Dried" has been made available on streaming platforms, adding a new song, Whenever Wherever (Super Bowl LIV version).

Laundry Service peaked at #7 on the Billboard 200 and with over 13 million copies sold, it's one of the best selling albums of the century. 

Several singles were released to promote the album:

• Whenever, Wherever / Suerte
  • Underneath Your Clothes
  • Objection (Tango) / Te Aviso, Te Anuncio (Tango)
  • Te Dejo Madrid
  • Que Me Quedes Tú
  • The One

• Love 5

I feel like she's getting incredibly "standoffish" now... Not here in particular, but just in general in the last interviews that I've seen of her, and I of course I don't like that...

But when she said that before this album she had "some success" in Latin America, that is not true, she was being politically correct because she was already huge here. Acknowledge that, bish. Say that we loved you (and made you) already. Otherwise it seems like her "real" success only came from the US with that album, when in fact she was already well positioned in Latin America. The same happened with Ricky Martin, he was humongous here already, (North) Americans just had to discover him.

What is next, Anitta saying that her career started with "Girl From Rio"? :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Content Curators
52 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I feel like she's getting incredibly "standoffish" now... Not here in particular, but just in general in the last interviews that I've seen of her, and I of course I don't like that...

But when she said that before this album she had "some success" in Latin America, that is not true, she was being politically correct because she was already huge here. Acknowledge that, bish. Say that we loved you (and made you) already. Otherwise it seems like her "real" success only came from the US with that album, when in fact she was already well positioned in Latin America. The same happened with Ricky Martin, he was humongous here already, (North) Americans just had to discover him.

What is next, Anitta saying that her career started with "Girl From Rio"? :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

come on now u know shakiras heart is set on her latin fans, us fans from english speaking countries barely get anything anymore and she barely even visits the states

her last album was a massive success in spanish success and was entirely made in spanish collaborating with artists from latin america, travelling to her home town and country to film videos, she knows her latin fans will always be the biggest most supportive fans which is probably why since 2010 shes remained mainly loyal to that fanbase curating stuff for them 

what i think shes trying to say is comparing the amount of success she had back in latin america in the 90s to when LS came out and then following Fijacion oral/Oral fixation, her fame and success really did like triple even in latin america

ofc i wasnt born and brought up there at the time so please dont take me wrong these are all things ive gathered directly speaking to her older latin fandom on twitter 

• Like 1

Laundry Service is one of those albums people who were born in the late 80’s, early 90’s still hold close to their hearts. :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

The only thing that stopped the album from being a flawless record is Eyes Like Yours. That was an act of homophobia and totally disrespectful to Ojos Así, one of her most iconic songs. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 4

Damn, the Whenever, Wherever music video was my childhood. Toddler me was obsessed. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: To be honest, I thought the MV would really show its age because of the remaster, but it has held up really quite well. The mud scene is still one of the most iconic things any pop girlie has ever done in a music video, and I will die on that hill. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise: For some reason I thought Illegal, which is one of her best songs, was on this album, though. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block