Ed Sheeran says he doesn't feel accepted by the pop scene, is glad he released his new album before Adele

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Ed Sheeran doesn't think the pop scene accepts him. 

“I’m not accepted by my genre. I thought it was quite telling that my album came out and the only people that emailed me in-depth about liking it were like Dave and Stormzy and people from the UK rap and UK grime scene. My peers largely, I feel, in the pop scene often don’t want me to succeed. … I’ve never felt accepted by my scene,” he said.

Elsewhere, he commented on being glad he dropped his new album '=' (which is pretty great btw) before Adele. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

edasd.jpg.0411d936e0b6432d0f6fa54e0a40743b.jpg

• Love 2

That's sad when a artist that successful and big still feels underappreciated by their fellow peers. Ed is an amazing songwriter and has all the bops. He was also a great mentor on The Voice this season. His input helped a lot of the artists on the show perform miles better. He knows music. It's his art piece. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Also here for an Ed x Adele collabo!!! :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Am I the only one who frantically turn off the radio when Easy On Me comes on?

Usually I dont have anything against Adele but that song is screeching, my ears bleeding, I have to protect myself Avengers Imagines — Opportunities For Romance.  

Because they both say dumb*** sh@t like this...complaining as if they dont get enough recognition when they are at the top tier of music success. It's whiney and annoying but I am a fan of both. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

I used to Stan Ed on the first 3 albums, but he’s so boring and redundant now. I want him to go away musically for 5 years please. 

This is his issue. He is so formulaic. He became so obsessed with the numbers that he just goes the safe route that will take him to the top of Billboard. At the same time, him saying this with the stadiums he plays at full capacity and the numbers he pulls is ridic. Now, if he wants to be perceived as an interesting, innovative artist, he needs to stop caring so much about having a song on top for a gazillion weeks. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block