A thread of discussion on Selena Gomez most iconic song ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants’

The_Heart_Wants_What_It_Wants_Selena_Gom

I’ve been thinking on making this thread for a while but here it is its anniversary so right on time. What’s Selena Gomez most iconic/recognizable song? It gotta be ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants’. I can’t think of something else. Random people just keep on sharing this song over and over. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: We can discuss and fight over streams and sales over and over again, but the GP view on a song I think it depends on the song’s impact on various demographics its impact over all.

Has another Selena Gomez song impacted the culture more than ‘The Heart Wants What It Wants’? I honestly love it, it’s raw and authentic and dark. This is the proper serve I want to receive from her. 

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 6
  • Haha 1

I'm glad we see eye to eye and are able to recognize this song's superiority. 

It's gorgeous, heartfelt and, in terms of quality, it did what she attempted with LYTLM, in my opinion.

She looks great in the music video.

I personally related to the song for a long time and now I hold it close to my heart :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I'm glad we see eye to eye and are able to recognize this song's superiority. 

It's gorgeous, heartfelt and, in terms of quality, it did what she attempted with LYTLM, in my opinion.

She looks great in the music video.

I personally related to the song for a long time and now hold it close to my heart :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

It’s very simple why she shouldn’t come back with ‘Lose You To Love Me’: both LYTLM and THWWIW are about Justin Bieber, but one actually raw and good and the other one boring and desperate. Selena has the potential to be a IT bich in a second but she always comes out with the most basic concepts for songs and videos... 

8 minutes ago, Style. said:

It’s very simple why she shouldn’t come back with ‘Lose You To Love Me’: both LYTLM and THWWIW are about Justin Bieber, but one actually raw and good and the other one boring and desperate. Selena has the potential to be a IT bich in a second but she always comes out with the most basic concepts for songs and videos... 

Exactly... all biches excited about LYTLM saying how GoOd and different it was, while I was like: höez, there's a THWWIW y'all ignorant!

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block