Avril Lavigne - "Bite Me" OUT NOW!

This was unexpected...

Now I am not an avid Avril Stan admittedly but I do remember when she was talking about BMG a few years ago she seemed happy and said they brought her in as a Legacy Artist and weren't so focused on sales. While her last album didn't set the world on fire, it did have moderate sales and a platinum single... so what happened? Maybe not as much follow up support as when she signed? Has she ever been public about any label frustrations? 

That being said can't wait to hear what's next. I didn't hate her last single with Mod Sun.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bmakrides said:

This was unexpected...

Now I am not an avid Avril Stan admittedly but I do remember when she was talking about BMG a few years ago she seemed happy and said they brought her in as a Legacy Artist and weren't so focused on sales. While her last album didn't set the world on fire, it did have moderate sales and a platinum single... so what happened? Maybe not as much follow up support as when she signed? Has she ever been public about any label frustrations? 

That being said can't wait to hear what's next. I didn't hate her last single with Mod Sun.

This is just speculation and we would have to check avril bandaids to confirm I’m sure…. But I  feel like she was secretly disappointed with how small of a success the actual album itself received. The thing is, the album was a sort of similar to Goodbye Lullaby. For a long time I think Avril has tried to leave behind the bratty pop rock thing and now that it’s gradually coming back in some form or another, she wants to be commercially successful again. Makes sense honestly and it would be fun to see her have her moment again. I just hope she can…. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Rik said:

This is just speculation and we would have to check avril bandaids to confirm I’m sure…. But I  feel like she was secretly disappointed with how small of a success the actual album itself received. The thing is, the album was a sort of similar to Goodbye Lullaby. For a long time I think Avril has tried to leave behind the bratty pop rock thing and now that it’s gradually coming back in some form or another, she wants to be commercially successful again. Makes sense honestly and it would be fun to see her have her moment again. I just hope she can…. 

Yeah I watched her very quick interview she did before her performance at the Halloween party and she first said her next album was "alternative" but followed that up with it would be pop punk upbeat, so I'm hoping!

But I totally get the direction of her last album with her health battles and such. So I get why she felt she had to release it. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block