Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" and Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way" join the 1 Billion club

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2021 at 8:18 AM, Lil-Jay said:

THIS 

They have way less songs than Britney, and logically less hits.

IWITW is the only HUGE and iconic hit of theirs globally so of course it got all the views. And Britney has to split those views to BOMT, OIDIA, Toxic etc. 

THE DELUSION, imagine thinking that IWITW is their ‘only HUGE and iconic hit globally’ :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: I am 99% convinced most britney stans live under a rock on a deserted island at this point. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

THE DELUSION, imagine thinking that IWITW is their ‘only HUGE and iconic hit globally’ :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: I am 99% convinced most britney stans live under a rock on a deserted island at this point. 

So my whole country lives under a rock baby🤭'cause IWITW is the only one remembered

On 1/16/2022 at 4:01 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

It's not that, BB didn't hit big Worldwide equally there sales figure also show. In many countries Boy bands didn't become famous UK is one example. 

7 hours ago, Prachi said:

It's not that, BB didn't hit big Worldwide equally there sales figure also show. In many countries Boy bands didn't become famous UK is one example. 

Speaking of that well idk if they're from the UK or where, but Westlife is another very underrated boyband.

One just has to see their YouTube numbers, same as BSB and compare them to let's say NSYNC to see how popular they were and still are

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Speaking of that well idk if they're from the UK or where, but Westlife is another very underrated boyband.

One just has to see their YouTube numbers, same as BSB and compare them to let's say NSYNC to see how popular they were and still are

BSB was huge in Asia same as Westlife but YT views comes from playlisting and not everywhere YT is big like Latin America. 

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

BSB was huge in Asia same as Westlife but YT views comes from playlisting and not everywhere YT is big like Latin America. 

But it's not like YT isn't a thing in the US or something, or I don't know how you can tell which views come from playlisting or not, or how would that not benefit NSYNC too. Especially considering most of these groups' videos were uploaded to youtube since 2009 when no other streaming service was as prominent (or considering that according to some people in here NSYINC is the biggest boyband ever).

Without live performances and audio clips, NSYNC has 13 videoclips, out of which only 3 videos surpass the 100M views:

• Bye Bye Bye (283M)
  • This I Promise You (212M)
  • It's Gonna Be Me (150M)

The rest of the videos pale in comparison. The closest one to 100M is Tearin' Up My Heart with 84M and after that is I Want You Back with 59M. After that they just keep getting lower and lower in views. You may say whatever you want about the views, I still find them very disappointing for a group that's supposed to be the best of its kind, and supposedly had more hits than any other boyband, and their videos being up for more than 12 years now. Or it would make sense that those three videos had over 400M views each or something, and still would only be 3 hits overall.

The Backstreet Boys on the other hand, they have these videos with over 100M views.

Uploaded in 2009:

• I Want It That Way (1.03B) 
  • Incomplete (156M)

Uploaded in 2011, which should have a disadvantage:

• As Long As You Love Me (360M) 
  • Everybody (Backstreet's Back) (353M)
  • Shape of My Heart (239M)
  • Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (228M)
  • Drowning (154M)
  • Quit Playing Games With My Heart (129M)

And the closest to 100M but uploaded in 2012:

• Larger Than Life (91M)

The rest of their videos are around the 60M - 20M, but that also includes the newer videos, with the ones being lower than that being the remixes, live performances, etc.

Tbh I doubt all the views are coming from Latin America and Asia.

Westlife also has 5 videos with over 100M views, and My Love is also impressive with 93M and being only uploaded in 2016. The rest of their videos are in the ranges of 70M, 60M, 50M, 40M, 30M, and 20M being the lowest but there's also some clips from those groups that were uploaded after 2016, explaining the lower views.

So I can understand Westlife being snubbed because it's a foreign band. But people in the US that still believe NSYNC was bigger than BSB need to wake up and see the impact and influence and success BSB had, because in the end it's an American band too. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: And I mean, even when it comes to album sales, Millennium sold more than No Strings Attached in the US.

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But it's not like YT isn't a thing in the US or something, or I don't know how you can tell which views come from playlisting or not, or how would that not benefit NSYNC too. Especially considering most of these groups' videos were uploaded to youtube since 2009 when no other streaming service was as prominent (or considering that according to some people in here NSYINC is the biggest boyband ever).

Without live performances and audio clips, NSYNC has 13 videoclips, out of which only 3 videos surpass the 100M views:

• Bye Bye Bye (283M)
  • This I Promise You (212M)
  • It's Gonna Be Me (150M)

The rest of the videos pale in comparison. The closest one to 100M is Tearin' Up My Heart with 84M and after that is I Want You Back with 59M. After that they just keep getting lower and lower in views. You may say whatever you want about the views, I still find them very disappointing for a group that's supposed to be the best of its kind, and supposedly had more hits than any other boyband, and their videos being up for more than 12 years now. Or it would make sense that those three videos had over 400M views each or something, and still would only be 3 hits overall.

The Backstreet Boys on the other hand, they have these videos with over 100M views.

Uploaded in 2009:

• I Want It That Way (1.03B) 
  • Incomplete (156M)

Uploaded in 2011, which should have a disadvantage:

• As Long As You Love Me (360M) 
  • Everybody (Backstreet's Back) (353M)
  • Shape of My Heart (239M)
  • Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (228M)
  • Drowning (154M)
  • Quit Playing Games With My Heart (129M)

And the closest to 100M but uploaded in 2012:

• Larger Than Life (91M)

The rest of their videos are around the 60M - 20M, but that also includes the newer videos, with the ones being lower than that being the remixes, live performances, etc.

Tbh I doubt all the views are coming from Latin America and Asia.

Westlife also has 5 videos with over 100M views, and My Love is also impressive with 93M and being only uploaded in 2016. The rest of their videos are in the ranges of 70M, 60M, 50M, 40M, 30M, and 20M being the lowest but there's also some clips from those groups that were uploaded after 2016, explaining the lower views.

So I can understand Westlife being snubbed because it's a foreign band. But people in the US that still believe NSYNC was bigger than BSB need to wake up and see the impact and influence and success BSB had, because in the end it's an American band too. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: And I mean, even when it comes to album sales, Millennium sold more than No Strings Attached in the US.

YT is a big thing but not anymore around the globe, at least from how I see it. There's no way of telling how many views comes from playlisting but now gone are the days when people search for a video.

32 minutes ago, Prachi said:

YT is a big thing but not anymore around the globe, at least from how I see it. There's no way of telling how many views comes from playlisting but now gone are the days when people search for a video.

When streaming apps like Amazon Music and apple Music lets you add the music videos to their library  

Trust me it's only a matter of time til spotify does a Music video deal.

Facebook did, but the US got it locked cos YouTube complained that this was gonna hurt them.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block