Holidays & Mental Health

SlayOut

• Super Mods

So I’ve struggled with anxiety and major depression for the majority of my life. And recently, I've been thinking maybe I have ADHD… but that’s for another thread, another time. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:
My mental health has been really flimsy the past few years, but in general, it always takes a turn for the worse around Halloween and into the New Year. I have the tendency to isolate, not want to be around people, and just have negative thought patterns about myself and life. I think a lot of it has to do with that fact that I don’t necessarily have an established friend group that I can do holiday-related things with, whether it be Halloween parties, Friendsgiving, Christmas gift exchanges, etc..

Basically, I’m wondering if anyone else deals with worsened mental health during the holidays, and what you do to cope? I’m not necessarily talking about just eating better, drinking water, taking baths, or exercising (which are all important to do anyways [and which I do already]). I guess I’m wondering how or if you put yourself out there in a way that makes the holidays more enjoyable/tolerable.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 10/31/2021 at 7:48 PM, JayTawndre said:

I would not expect this from such a confident person like yourself.

I know I may be young… but… I’ve got feelings too. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

On 10/31/2021 at 7:48 PM, JayTawndre said:

But I totally get it. I can relate. One hundred percent. It gets better. But during the Holidays I am reminded of so many family deaths and how they are not here like my parents, my aunts and uncles, my brother. It is hard :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

That is really tough. I’m sorry the holidays are painful and difficult for you. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
22 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Sounds like a hit of seasonal depression. You can DM me if you feel like talking. I know it sucks for some people to share their thoughts publicaly so DMs are the best.

Stay strong! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Thanks for this offer! I’ll keep this in mind! :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block