Ed Sheeran thought he might be gay cause he likes Britney Spears

Y’all will be surprised with how large Britney’s straight male fanbase is. They’re not ‘fans’ per se, but they really enjoy her work. I have a lot of close straight male friends who like Britney and ask me to play her songs when we’re in the car together.

Also, on that YouTube channel REACT, those guys are always clueless except when a Britney song came on and one of those dudes got his inner Britney out!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Y’all will be surprised with how large Britney’s straight male fanbase is. They’re not ‘fans’ per se, but they really enjoy her work. I have a lot of close straight male friends who like Britney and ask me to play her songs when we’re in the car together.

Also, on that YouTube channel REACT, those guys are always clueless except when a Britney song came on and one of those dudes got his inner Britney out!

This.

As my straight friends put it, if you wanna listen to top notch pop music, listen to Britney Spears.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Leader

Ed Sheeran wondered if he might be gay because he loves musical theatre, pop music and Britney Spears. 

“I have a definite feminine side, to the point that when I was a kid I thought I was gay for a bit," Ed tells The Sun. "I definitely have a big feminine side. I love musical theatre, I love pop music, I love Britney Spears." 

Lol I- :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:edbr2.jpg.919a1129c66e9cecfcb1fb947af942cf.jpg

• Haha 4

Oh boy... :toodles_britney_sam_run_instagram_bye_goodbye_scared: This is just selective outrage because it's cool to hate Ed these days, methinks. :emma:

I don't mind stereotypes if they're not particularly negative. At the end of the day, they're true more often than not, and they exist for a reason. The fact of the matter is that pop music and especially Brit are disproportionately liked by gay men. Same applies to femininity and musical theater. These are not the reason for anyone's ***uality, but they could be a valid indicator. In my opinion, this is a lot more innocent than people are making it out to be, and I'd say he's not perpetuating sh-t. If anything, he's just proving that liking those things doesn't make you gay (not that we needed anyone to confirm that, but still). :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Also, I see gay people perpetuating stereotypes about themselves (and straight people) on a daily basis, yet those are the same people bashing him on Twitter right now. Look at any LGBT-related meme subreddit, and it's literally just memes upon memes revolving around stereotypes. *insert meme about iced coffee, walking at an abnormally fast pace, hookups, position-related stereotypes, etc.* :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block